Default My Account Demoted (was Premium now F2P)

My account was premium yesterday but today it is now on free to play. Is there a way to fix this it is really bumming me out and messing up my ability with the auction house.

It appears Premium has a time limit at least according to the WIKI http://ddowiki.com/page/Premium_Account

$1.00 – 15 days
    $14.99 – 30 days
    $30.00 – 90 days
    $60.00 – 180 days
    $100.00 – 365 days

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Enoach View Post
    It appears Premium has a time limit at least according to the WIKI http://ddowiki.com/page/Premium_Account

$1.00 – 15 days
    $14.99 – 30 days
    $30.00 – 90 days
    $60.00 – 180 days
    $100.00 – 365 days
    That's for Customer Service help. I'm 99.9% sure that once you're premium, you're always premium.

Yea it still hasn't been fixed yet. I can only hope theyll get to me I already put in a ticket

Community Member

It happened to me too now this December. I filed a ticket in January but still no respons or fix. Several characters "locked out" due to character slot limit, basically no use in playing most lower characters since I'm at gold limit and so on. This has stopped me from playing since it occured.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorthindrel View Post
    It happened to me too now this December. I filed a ticket in January but still no respons or fix. Several characters "locked out" due to character slot limit, basically no use in playing most lower characters since I'm at gold limit and so on. This has stopped me from playing since it occured.
    Despite the fact this is a necro'ed thread, I will try to explain what happened in January.

In January, the special two-year VIP subscription that many people took advantage of back in 2019 ran out.

When your special VIP subscription ran out, your account was reverted back to what you were before you took the special offer.

If you only had 4 character slots (and didn't pay for any extra over these last two years), your account was reverted back to four slots. You also now only have access to the content you had access to two years ago (unless you bought some content like expansions, or you used the "ddofreequests" code last summer/fall).

If you want access to all your character slots and content you had before January, you'll either need to buy them one-by-one or pay for a VIP subscription.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The release notes themselves are essentially the same as was seen on Lamannia most recently.
    This^, in so many words, is how you say time and feedback on Lamannia are wasted.

<is still confused about purpose of necro, but whatever>

Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post
    Despite the fact this is a necro'ed thread, I will try to explain what happened in January...
    Possibly, but this is also a thing that just happens for no reason; rarely, but it does. Fastest solution is to contact CS via a PM from these boards. It happened to me a few years back - lost character slots, AH slots, gold cap for my lower-level mules(!), etc. - was corrected in less than 48 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoach View Post
    It appears Premium has a time limit at least according to the WIKI http://ddowiki.com/page/Premium_Account...
    Gotta drink your coffee before posting, E (and I speak from experience ). Confirmed, that's only for CS, and confirmed that once you make a real-cash purchase, Premium is forever.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post
    Despite the fact this is a necro'ed thread, I will try to explain what happened in January.

In January, the special two-year VIP subscription that many people took advantage of back in 2019 ran out.

When your special VIP subscription ran out, your account was reverted back to what you were before you took the special offer.

If you only had 4 character slots (and didn't pay for any extra over these last two years), your account was reverted back to four slots. You also now only have access to the content you had access to two years ago (unless you bought some content like expansions, or you used the "ddofreequests" code last summer/fall).

If you want access to all your character slots and content you had before January, you'll either need to buy them one-by-one or pay for a VIP subscription.
    I've been premiums since shortly after the game was released as F2P in 2009, I think it was. Got it by spending real money on something, don't remember if it was Turbine points, back then, or a pack.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post

Possibly, but this is also a thing that just happens for no reason; rarely, but it does. Fastest solution is to contact CS via a PM from these boards. It happened to me a few years back - lost character slots, AH slots, gold cap for my lower-level mules(!), etc. - was corrected in less than 48 hours.
    I'll try that, thought a regular ticket would do the trick, but appearantly not.

Gotta drink your coffee before posting, E (and I speak from experience ). Confirmed, that's only for CS, and confirmed that once you make a real-cash purchase, Premium is forever.

Community Member

Whom do I contact, who or what address to CS? This happened to me too.

Quote Originally Posted by Beccis View Post
    Whom do I contact, who or what address to CS? This happened to me too.

https://help.standingstonegames.com/...s/requests/new

Community Member

Angry Just Happened to My Account

Fellow Players,

I've been AFK from the game for a few years and just returned three (3) weeks ago. Been playing with no (apparent) issues with my account until after yesterday. My account was "Premium" and then today it was demoted down to "Free Account." I noticed it when, for the past two weeks, that I've been able to put up auctions with 'no' cap on coins all until today. Now I can only post one item and started getting 'max' coin messages. I logged out and back in and just saw my account has been demoted.

I've paid for DDO points and expansions (in USD) so this shouldn't have been changed at all. In fact, I still had over 1800 DDO points and just spent some of it on account upgrades about 2 weeks ago. I got a little curious and went into the account details and noticed that my original purchase of the game was back on March 22 of 2012? I wonder if the system just booted out 'Premium' status on some weird 11 year timer? Here's a cut/paste of what my account type looks like: (DDOBlackDragon FTUIPack Account Creation (2012-03-22). I went ahead and opened a ticket asking for them to revert the account back. I also have my girlfriend's account effected too with the same issue... That after March 8th, her account was changed over to "Free Account" as well and so I've instructed her to send a ticket. Sucks because we were both excited to come back and play the game and then 'this' issue pops up...

~Fairgone
    Last edited by Fairgone; 03-10-2023 at 04:43 AM.

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Fairgone View Post
    Fellow Players,

I've been AFK from the game for a few years and just returned three (3) weeks ago. Been playing with no (apparent) issues with my account until after yesterday. My account was "Premium" and then today it was demoted down to "Free Account." I noticed it when, for the past two weeks, that I've been able to put up auctions with 'no' cap on coins all until today. Now I can only post one item and started getting 'max' coin messages. I logged out and back in and just saw my account has been demoted.

I've paid for DDO points and expansions (in USD) so this shouldn't have been changed at all. In fact, I still had over 1800 DDO points and just spent some of it on account upgrades about 2 weeks ago. I got a little curious and went into the account details and noticed that my original purchase of the game was back on March 22 of 2012? I wonder if the system just booted out 'Premium' status on some weird 11 year timer? Here's a cut/paste of what my account type looks like: (DDOBlackDragon FTUIPack Account Creation (2012-03-22). I went ahead and opened a ticket asking for them to revert the account back. I also have my girlfriend's account effected too with the same issue... That after March 8th, her account was changed over to "Free Account" as well and so I've instructed her to send a ticket. Sucks because we were both excited to come back and play the game and then 'this' issue pops up...

~Fairgone
    I can't speak to the cause of your issue, but Customer Support can assist you here, send in a ticket to Account Support and select "I am experiencing purchase issues": https://help.standingstonegames.com/...s/requests/new

Closing this thread due to it being exceptionally old.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com