Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default 6 Color Uniform Preview

Is it possible to put the 6 colored uniforms and their cloaks and masks on this thread for anyone who would like to preview what they look like before making a choice? I would appreciate that very much and it is likely anyone else coming here and wanting a preview would also.

Thanks in advance and after!

Sincerely,
    Cobra
    Hello Hello Hello

I'm just about to, if you can give me about an hour to prep dinner in the oven.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    I'm just about to, if you can give me about an hour to prep dinner in the oven.
    Certainly and thank you!
    +++
    Hello Hello Hello

I am most satisfied with the Pink and Green. The others appear too muted, washed out or sun-faded. As you can probably tell I put each color on the alt that already had that color scheme going in their fashion.

I was hoping the red would match my new HC5 sash but it looks more brick than true red. I didn't expect the blue to be dark because that would be too close to the Sharn High Society Outfit from the Ultimate Bundle... but I did expect something more vibrant than almost gray. Speaking of gray, silver is gray... its not shiny enough to be called silver. They made silver dragon scale armor for that special subscription bundle so I know they can do shiny. Yellow is okay. It doesn't match the yellow of my HC3 Sash but its okay.
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Community Member

So, with all those new cosmetic, are we going to get some sort of Wardrobe anytime soon?
    We need a place to store all that.
    Something like the Horse Stable would be perfect.

Thanks for sharing this! Are the 6 colored cloaks and masks all the same with different colors or different from each other? Hopefully we can get a preview on those too since each costs 80 party favor.

Appreciated!

Sincerely,

Cobra
    Hello Hello Hello

I wanted to post some better images demonstrating my color criticisms:

As can be seen from behind the Red Anniversary Outfit is nether as red as her skin nor the HC5 sash, nor even her hair. Its a dull almost brown-rose. Yellow Anniversary Outfit from behind looks almost grimy when compared to the yellow outline of the HC3 sash.

And gray... I mean "silver."

Here, pictured on a bladeforged, discolored with an olive torso and sleeve-cuffs but gray sleeves that match the gray of the Feywild cosmetic cloak and not the shiny of the Steel Bladeforged frame which is closer to the concept of "silver" than gray.

I can guess why they didn't have orange or violet options. There probably wasn't enough color saturation for differentiation between the blue and a potential violet and orange probably looked like a dirty peach.

Don't get me wrong I really appreciate that they made the effort to have a selection of colors... I just wish the "colors" had more substance and weren't so washed out and simultaneously dusty-looking.

I'm no inquisitor, but I feel like the colour scheme on Warforged is a bit off the mark.

Incidentally the blue outfit is actually more bluer than on other races.

I just wish the "colors" had more substance and weren't so washed out and simultaneously dusty-looking.
    I found that the faded, dusty look of the yellow version matches well with this hat for a rider/explorer kind of set:

+ Cannith +
    + Csodaszarvas +
    + Mcmlxxxvi + Ezredes + Giliszta + Halacska +

I'm genuinely curious how the masks and capelets looks, should anyone spend party favors on them.
    I still love the anniversary quest but I burned out on it two anniversaries ago. I'd like to guage whether I really want to grind another 12 favors/run in order to get a cosmetic mask to match a coat. (I do like the gray coat- it works on my old man avatar)

I have everything I could use from the anniversary (Weep, WEEP, I say, for the lack of kobold gem and bug killer.)
    But perhaps next year we'll see orbs or radiant caster sticks? (illuminating posts!)
    In all posts: Assume I'm just providing a personal opinion rather than trying to speak for everyone.
    *All posts should be taken as humorously intended and if you are struggling to decide if I insulted you; I didn't.

Here's the pink collection.

Front view

Side view

Rear view

Mask front view

Mask side view 1

Mask side view 2

Caplet rear view 1

Caplet rear view 2

Caplet vs body length (Aasimar Female)

J1NG
    Thelanis: Yijing (*Completionist* TR 20 Aasimar Scourge Monk Level 20 / Epic Level 10)
    Thelanis: Pocket-Monks: Sightblur, Peashoote, Jigglypath, Jedinja.
    Invisible Fences, unkillable Target Practice Dummy's, Shared Bank's, Pale Lavender Ioun Stones, the dimensional barrier between Eberron and Shavarath, I've broken them all...

Thanks Jing- very thorough perspective.
    I have to spread more rep around, apparently.

I don't think I'll get the mask- Pink Gimp is not the motif I wanted. (Nor gray, yellow, etc)

It's staggering how much detail was put into the eyes of the toons, though. Up close, it's an amazing level of artistry. Now if only they blinked.
    In all posts: Assume I'm just providing a personal opinion rather than trying to speak for everyone.
    *All posts should be taken as humorously intended and if you are struggling to decide if I insulted you; I didn't.

Community Member

Ive been playing this game about a year. So far I enjoy it. That being said, why are the cosmetics in this game so dismal? There are some high points here and there but the large majority of the gear is ugly. Poor design, horrible colors, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Theender View Post
    I'm no inquisitor, but I feel like the colour scheme on Warforged is a bit off the mark.

All messed up from the intended colors. You're right the blue is much, much better... I like the seafoam green that's supposed to be pink better too. I'm not 100% certain but it almost looks like the Aasimar version of pink is a bit more dramatic also.

I wonder if there is some weird filter that's race and gender specific that somewhat alters the colors of the items worn.

Quote Originally Posted by Incredulousdog View Post
    Ive been playing this game about a year. So far I enjoy it. That being said, why are the cosmetics in this game so dismal? There are some high points here and there but the large majority of the gear is ugly. Poor design, horrible colors, etc.
    I know what you mean. Some items are gorgeous, some look like back-alley garbage cast-offs. early random-gen looking like pieced together trash I can understand but there isn't much reason (maybe lore under very particular circumstances) for named items to have poor taste or unpleasant or drab coloring.

I might go after a capelet or two but that helm item is... *being polite* not for me.

Also... is it just me? or in the pink set shown above do the three items not match exactly? Like the cloak looks like a slightly darker warmer shade than the outfit and the head item looks darker but slightly more purple.

I showed my hubby the outfits... he said "hard pass" on all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Theender View Post

It won't be in today's patch, but we're working on fixing this for Warforged. As you may recall, we've done a lot of work over the last year to correct a wide variety of issues with Warforged cosmetics caused by an art-team system update made about this time last year. This is another side effect of that change, one that hasn't been apparent in other items before now. Should hopefully have a fix soon!
    We don't only build for the builds that exist.
    We don't only build for the builds that are good right now.

The fact that some changes are necessary is not diminished by the fact that other necessary changes have not happened yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    It won't be in today's patch, but we're working on fixing this for Warforged. As you may recall, we've done a lot of work over the last year to correct a wide variety of issues with Warforged cosmetics caused by an art-team system update made about this time last year. This is another side effect of that change, one that hasn't been apparent in other items before now. Should hopefully have a fix soon!
    We were once told in the past that each item was hand painted... is that still the case? is there a filter or something that makes colors different on different races and genders? Is there any way to punch up the colors on the items that are so washed out?

We were once told in the past that each item was hand painted... is that still the case? is there a filter or something that makes colors different on different races and genders? Is there any way to punch up the colors on the items that are so washed out?
    Quite a few unique items are still hand-painted, and the ones that are aren't dyeable. But other pieces are dyeable, and pull from generic dye lists.

Very very early in DDO, someone decided Warforged (and then by extension Bladeforged) should use a completely different color set from everyone else, and the values don't match. If you set the item to a value of (5), which would be red on most characters in DDO, putting that directly on a Warforged is going to pull the same value of (5) from the Warforged list, which is the yellow you see below. (Value isn't actually 5, it's just for example).

The art-side systems changes were supposed to unify these systems but they super didn't, and that's what I've been largely trying to fix. In this case, this is a non-Glamered static cosmetic with both a dyed base layer AND dyed gear, and that second one may be the issue here. I'm trying to find another similar example to confirm, but otherwise I'm going to be working on an override that says "this item should use the non-Warforged gear dye channel even when applied to a Warforged".

The fact that some changes are necessary is not diminished by the fact that other necessary changes have not happened yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    Quite a few unique items are still hand-painted, and the ones that are aren't dyeable. But other pieces are dyeable, and pull from generic dye lists.

Very very early in DDO, someone decided Warforged (and then by extension Bladeforged) should use a completely different color set from everyone else, and the values don't match. If you set the item to a value of (5), which would be red on most characters in DDO, putting that directly on a Warforged is going to pull the same value of (5) from the Warforged list, which is the yellow you see below. (Value isn't actually 5, it's just for example).

The art-side systems changes were supposed to unify these systems but they super didn't, and that's what I've been largely trying to fix. In this case, this is a non-Glamered static cosmetic with both a dyed base layer AND dyed gear, and that second one may be the issue here. I'm trying to find another similar example to confirm, but otherwise I'm going to be working on an override that says "this item should use the non-Warforged gear dye channel even when applied to a Warforged".
    That's very interesting. Thank you for taking the time to respond. And thank you for your warforged efforts. In the example above the base layer is the sleeves and the gear layer is the torso? So I'm just curious... if for instance the red outfit on my tiefling is value Y what is the red value of the HC5 sash? Yx3 (because it looks 3 times more saturated)? why did you guys choose these values?

Sooo humiliate the enemy with your pink assassin!
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links. LONG LIVE STEALTH!
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main) and some others typically parked at some level to help guildies and other players

That's very interesting. Thank you for taking the time to respond. And thank you for your warforged efforts. In the example above the base layer is the sleeves and the gear layer is the torso? So I'm just curious... if for instance the red outfit on my tiefling is value Y what is the red value of the HC5 sash? Yx3 (because it looks 3 times more saturated)? why did you guys choose these values?
    Yes, the base layer is the sleeves (and the torso, etc, but those parts don't get dyed on this one) and the gear layer is the torso.

The red value on the HC scarf is a red dye made specifically for cloaks, and I also don't know why it doesn't match the reds we have for gear and base layers. I'd love to get a unified set of colors across all of our displayable base layers/gear/cloaks, but that's not necessarily a small undertaking. It's something I'll be looking into long-term with the art team.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast