Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    What this means is that the items you find at end game will be lower in item power than they were before, but are now evenly scaled across content packs. This means that an item found in Feywild will be equally as strong as an item found within Sharn or Ravenloft or the Dragonblood Prophecy, or any other Legendary content featuring level 29 items.
    So, I am fully on-board with lower power, and equalizing power across. However:

To provide some concrete context, this is where the numbers will likely end up at the current level cap. Also note that raid items and artifacts will be a few steps higher than what's shown here as well.

Does this mean that random loot items (ML 30) are now going, not just equal, but actually outclass Fey/Sharn/Barovia named loot (ML 29)? If so, I feel that is a very bad move. And I feel the same if the new "Legendary" versions of loot from low Epics like, say, Red Fens, are outclassing recent Legendary-level paid expansion named loot.

Please do not completely obsolete 3 entire paid expansions worth of gear by making assorted (non-raid non-artifact) stuff strictly numerically better. I'm fine if that other stuff equals it, but please also leave Fey/Sharn/Barovia named items at the very top tier for non-raid non-artifact items instead of at a numerical disadvantage.

Community Member

Default 2-piece sets

I had asked this in last preview but didn't notice if an explanation was given so here goes. Many of the new 2-piece sets from Legendary LoB/VoD/MA are losing effects?

Eg. On Lam, The Mantle of Suulomades set no longer has any Sneak Attack Dice and the Fastidious Fabricator set no longer has the 10% artifact bonus to AC.
    Is this WAI?

If intended, maybe there should be explicit details seeing as it's not reducing a value but is a removal of the effect completely.
    ------------------------------------------------
    Manganese (Monk) , Arcflame (Wiz), Moncler (Drunk), Rhoque (Stick build), Arthee (Tosser), Complesean (Ranged Build),
    Haggail (Warchanter/Swash), Amandla (Pally), Bahrbie (Warlock), Alaniel (FvS)
    of Renowned

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by kpak01 View Post
    So, I am fully on-board with lower power, and equalizing power across. However:

Does this mean that random loot items (ML 30) are now going, not just equal, but actually outclass Fey/Sharn/Barovia named loot (ML 29)? If so, I feel that is a very bad move. And I feel the same if the new "Legendary" versions of loot from low Epics like, say, Red Fens, are outclassing recent Legendary-level paid expansion named loot.

Please do not completely obsolete 3 entire paid expansions worth of gear by making assorted (non-raid non-artifact) stuff strictly numerically better. I'm fine if that other stuff equals it, but please also leave Fey/Sharn/Barovia named items at the very top tier for non-raid non-artifact items instead of at a numerical disadvantage.
    This.

Raid items should have a premium over non-raid loot. +2 effective minimum level seems appropriate. Seems a pretty obvious solution but I'm not following the forums or playing at all these days so apologies if f this has already been addressed.

So a ML 29 raid gear would have ML 31 stats.

This avoids ML 30 gear being immediately better stat wise than ML 29 raid gear but maintains a degree of obsolescence... ML 32 normal gear will be better than ML 29 raid gear, etc., by which time folks wit be chasing ML 32 raid gear with ML 34 gear stats, etc. ...

Default Legendary Magewright Set doesn't get +1 stat

Checking sigil of regalport it has a +14 charisma but my legendary magewright cloak only has +13 charisma. With the stat squish my understanding is that both should be +1 vs. regular gear which is +13. Likewise my legendary magewright goggles only has +13 intelligence vs +14.

Is this a problem with all raid items using the sharn crafting system to apply stats? If so it's a bit of a downer and I would request that raids items with the crafting have the proper raid bonus stats.
    Last edited by slarden; 07-15-2021 at 10:25 AM.
    DC Warlock Reaper Build (U48)
    Max DC Illusionist Reaper Build (U48)

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    Checking sigil of regalport it has a +14 charisma but my legendary magewright cloak only has +13 charisma. With the stat squish my understanding is that both should be +1 vs. regular gear which is +13. Likewise my legendary magewright goggles only has +13 intelligence vs +14.

Is this a problem with all raid items using the sharn crafting system to apply stats? If so it's a bit of a downer and I would request that raids items with the crafting have the proper raid bonus stats.
    Artifacts have double the ilevel jump, and will be better than raid items of the same level, which are better than quest items of the same level.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

"Have you tried preproccing feat directory?"

Default Keen Changes

Lynnabel please reconsider the change in Keen weapons, not asking to keep the [W] but change it to something "fun".

We already are encouraged to reach high armor penetration.

A good change would be vorpal hits on enemies leave them vulnerable to critical hits for 3 seconds.

I believe you are better making "fun" effects.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalapurka View Post
    Lynnabel please reconsider the change in Keen weapons, not asking to keep the [W] but change it to something "fun".

We already are encouraged to reach high armor penetration.

A good change would be vorpal hits on enemies leave them vulnerable to critical hits for 3 seconds.

I believe you are better making "fun" effects.
    Honestly, I like that idea.

Also, with all endgame mobs losing %100 fortification, how much penetration will you really need anymore?

Challenge 2: As we follow along this system of progression, we in turn increase the difficulty of content to provide challenge. This leads to a situation where content meant to be played at a certain character level ends up with a wide range of difficulty.
    How about addressing heroic content?

Comparing eg Sharn heroic monsters with Vale monsters which are like twice HP and all other stats etc. This is the case for most of the content after MotU, especially Ravenloft and later.
    Polska gildia DDO / Polish guild

Polska gildia DDO - Magia i Miecz (200), Argonnessen
    Zapraszamy!

Community Member

Default Great Question

Quote Originally Posted by MIvan View Post
    With the current item changes I lost 20 on each saves.
    Are monster offensive DCs adjusted to match this?
    And the trap DCs?
    Tried a bit with my main toon on R4. OK fine, hit points are down 600 points, lost MRR, PRR, HA, and the rest...monsters are being modified to account for all of that.

But...Generic mob in Wake Me Up in Feywild, I get hit with spell, rolls a 10 +87 vs. will save; 97 is a Fail. My dwarf does not like to be compelled to dance around

Are the mob spell save DC's meant to be that high or are there going to be any adjustments to those as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Artifacts have double the ilevel jump, and will be better than raid items of the same level, which are better than quest items of the same level.
    Ah, I didn't realize that. Thank you for the explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by TFerguson View Post
    Do not do this, under any circumstance.
    ABSOLUTELY DO THIS!!!!!!! it is not fair that only parties of 12 can raid. I cannot wait upwards of 3 hours for ANY raid just to get a party — BEFORE you start the raid. If you won’t scale for servers w low pop then you MUST merge servers so that there is a reasonable chance for people to group. If not there are whole swaths of people who can’t ever achieve raid loot, completions or materials. That’s just not right. I shouldn’t have to wait more than 15 minutes to get a raid group. 2-3 hours in many cases is totally insane and makes raids untouchable for me. I can’t stay on the game 4 hours at a time. I’d be divorced with half a computer. Fix the ability to group by either scaling raids down to the character count available or merge the servers so there is more population to group with.

Community Member

Default Why's the HP gone?

Winter set bonus HP is down to 10% and LGS set bonus stays the same. That is strange adjustment. Same with Autumn's SP. And LGS is 26 ml while Feywild sets are 29.

Quote Originally Posted by Kivandel View Post
    Winter set bonus HP is down to 10% and LGS set bonus stays the same. That is strange adjustment. Same with Autumn's SP. And LGS is 26 ml while Feywild sets are 29.
    I mean, most lvl 29 set bonuses have been scaled down, why is it surprising that winter did as well?

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Kivandel View Post
    LGS Set Bonuses were adjusted with this pass as well.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

"Have you tried preproccing feat directory?"

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    LGS Set Bonuses were adjusted with this pass as well.
    Good. Nice. Cool. Thanks.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Merrillman View Post
    ABSOLUTELY DO THIS!!!!!!! it is not fair that only parties of 12 can raid. I cannot wait upwards of 3 hours for ANY raid just to get a party — BEFORE you start the raid. If you won’t scale for servers w low pop then you MUST merge servers so that there is a reasonable chance for people to group. If not there are whole swaths of people who can’t ever achieve raid loot, completions or materials. That’s just not right. I shouldn’t have to wait more than 15 minutes to get a raid group. 2-3 hours in many cases is totally insane and makes raids untouchable for me. I can’t stay on the game 4 hours at a time. I’d be divorced with half a computer. Fix the ability to group by either scaling raids down to the character count available or merge the servers so there is more population to group with.

You can transfer off **** servers np
    Triple All

Ghallanda forever.

Is our lvl 29 raid gear not +14 on the stats? If not this does not seem right when normal gear is +13... Pls give us a reason to raid.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Assassination View Post
    Is our lvl 29 raid gear not +14 on the stats? If not this does not seem right when normal gear is +13... Pls give us a reason to raid.
    No, you cant reroll raid chests, they need to incentivize the flower sniffers to roll more shards so give them equal loot to people that invest time into raiding.
    Triple All

Ghallanda forever.

You guys need to add Sonic spell power/crit to one of the set bonuses. It's super annoying that the playerbase has to continually remind you guys that sonic casters exist.
    Things worthy of Standing Stone going EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on.:
    • Epic and Legendary Mysterious ring upgrades, please.
    • Change the stack size of filigree in the shared bank to 50. The 5 stack makes the shared bank worthless for storing filigree in a human usable manner.
    • Fixing why I don't connect to the chat server for 5 minutes when I log into a game world.
    • Fixing the wonky Lightning Sphere and Tactical Det firing by converting them to use alchemist spell arcing.
    • Redoing the drop rates of tomes in generic and raid loot tables.

Quote Originally Posted by Assassination View Post
    The level 28 and 29 raid gear (sharn, ravenloft, fey, etc.) drops +13 stats. Level 30 raid items (as of U50 this is only S/S/S items upgradeable to legendary) do drop +14 stats, e.g., legendary chronoscope gear.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast