Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Downtime Notice: Thursday, March 19th 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT)

The DDO game worlds will be unavailable on Thursday, March 19th from 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT) to release Update 45.3.1. The following announcement by Severlin contains all of the changes present in this deployment: Important Announcement
    Last edited by Cocomajobo; 03-19-2020 at 12:05 PM.

Community Member

Will you be fixing sinister chill on the stygian wrath to work with poison in the next patch?
    Characters:
    5th Life Human Paladin - Sorrowanddoo
    11th Life Sun Elf Wizard - Sorrowandei
    3rd Life Human Fighter - Sorrowandai

If there are no quality of life changes for alchemist, I'm probably going to TR into some class that's more playable as a support. I want to play an apothecary alchemist, but I just can't bring myself to actually like it. Am sad. ( ._.)
    Primary Home: Argonnessen
    Archarias, Guild Leader of Britches & Hosen
    "Elder brains are a lot like bouncy castles. They just sit there, but if you jump up and down on them, things get interesting real quick." ~FlimsyFirewood

Not posting the notes til servers are down?

"Who's that shadowy figure behind the curtain and why is he swinging that nerf hammer around menacingly?"

"Well, okay. It sounded funnier in my head."
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    Collectibles

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    The DDO game worlds will be unavailable on Thursday, March 19th from 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT) to release Update 45.3.1. Release notes will be posted during the downtime (likely shortly before the worlds have opened).
    Release notes:

Adding more lag, as we can do with a challenge.
    Purel stations at the front of every quest.
    Main toons: IronThatcher (tank & box breaker for inquisitives), Mehhh (ranger)...pion of HS...zug zug
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesrali View Post
    Go munt your grandma while wearing my freeway mitt!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    I am the dumb.

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by cdbd3rd View Post
    Not posting the notes til servers are down?

"Who's that shadowy figure behind the curtain and why is he swinging that nerf hammer around menacingly?"

"Well, okay. It sounded funnier in my head."
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to cdbd3rd again... Virtual +1

Saal
    "Fools said I, you do not know. Silence like a cancer grows, hear my words that I might teach you, take my hand that I might reach you, but my words like silent raindrops fell...."-Paul Simon "Day after day, we caught no breath or motion. As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean."--Coleridge

Unhappy

Wait, where's Cordovan? He usually delivers the maintenance news and notes.
    "Elder brains are a lot like bouncy castles. They just sit there, but if you jump up and down on them, things get interesting real quick." ~FlimsyFirewood

so release notes?

Quote Originally Posted by HastyPudding View Post
    Cordovan hasn't posted since 3/13.
    Leader of Legion of Eberron on Cannith.

Characters: Loromir & Baldomir....among others.

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Loromir View Post
    Cordovan hasn't posted since 3/13.
    Hoping he's just on vacay and not down with Covid-19

Saal
    "Fools said I, you do not know. Silence like a cancer grows, hear my words that I might teach you, take my hand that I might reach you, but my words like silent raindrops fell...."-Paul Simon "Day after day, we caught no breath or motion. As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean."--Coleridge

Wasn't there a thread some days ago about him contracting the coronavirus?
    Here's hoping it's just a rumor...
    Ginsoju - Zhentas - Envie - Youtube Channel
    ex Devourer player

He's on vacation. That guy has so much PTO saved up. =]

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

Hi Coco, so Release notes?????!!!!

Saal

Community Member

If there are no quality of life changes for alchemist, I'm probably going to TR into some class that's more playable as a support. I want to play an apothecary alchemist, but I just can't bring myself to actually like it. Am sad. ( ._.)
    I love it, but i wish the sla cure would actually go where i was looking instead of just flying straight out in front of me. if 8i look down i would love for it to go at me feet like the other regular vials and cures do.

Community Member

They probably are nerfing Sorc and Alchemist ROFL

Unless they're making some of the metamagic actually work with admixtures, like Quicken and Accelerate (still busted), Alchemist
    is always going to be useless for healing and long-ranged. Hits too many ceilings, and it's too slow to be a viable healer. Everyone
    I know that's tried Alch, TR'd immediately. It's almost as bad as Inquisitor, which caused the "kill ranged classes" nerf-a-palooza.

Quote Originally Posted by DRoark View Post
    Unless they're making some of the metamagic actually work with admixtures, like Quicken and Accelerate (still busted), Alchemist
    is always going to be useless for healing and long-ranged. Hits too many ceilings, and it's too slow to be a viable healer
    ^This^

If none of this is fixed or at least touched upon in this patch, I'm TRing my alchemist when I login. I didn't sign up for a slow healer and suicide-inducing crowd controller when I started alchemist.

Community Member

It is probably a good thing that so many people seem to hate alchemist. It is less likely to be nerfed for those of us who are enjoying it and finding it mildly OP. (Currently on 2nd alchemist life).

With regard to the high throwing arc, obviously you need to take that into account and go a bit nearer (not very near unless the ceiling is very low). It's a skill to learn.

However, the throwing arc often allows you to hit mobs that would be impossible to hit with ranged weapons because although they are targettable there is no direct LOS. A quick multivial and a group of them are mostly dead before they could even be hit with a crossbow.

One thing that is seriously annoying is the throwing arc of the healing SLAs. The actual spell version is easy to drop near your feet so it reliably heals you and anyone standing nearby, without having to target yourself, but it seems impossible to throw the SLA versions that close. It seems bizarre that they don't seem to use the same throwing code as the spell versions. Anyway, it isn't a problem for me, I just use the spell version.

I seem to remember having the same problem with the Artificer healing SLAs, it seemed impossible to heal myself without hard targetting myself, but I never tried the non-SLA spell version, just went down the Construct Essence route instead, so maybe the same difference between SLA and spell versions applies to Artificer healing admixtures.
    Last edited by Zarkarion; 03-19-2020 at 11:22 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    The DDO game worlds will be unavailable on Thursday, March 19th from 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT) to release Update 45.3.1. Release notes will be posted during the downtime (likely shortly before the worlds have opened).
    With 15 minutes until the "expected" game time being up, we still see no release notes, why the secrecy?

The game worlds have re-opened!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast