Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Chilianna View Post
    Did you just say this heck on purpose?
    Now devs will be like "oooo heeeck, ppl doing dis? gonna have to nerf iiiit"

Bye bye fun
    Spring attack is my favorite button in the game. No changes are planned for it, as far as I know.

Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    Spring attack is my favorite button in the game. No changes are planned for it, as far as I know.

Let the rejoicing begin.

J1NG
    Thelanis: Yijing (*Completionist* TR 20 Aasimar Scourge Monk Level 20 / Epic Level 10)
    Thelanis: Pocket-Monks: Sightblur, Peashoote, Jigglypath, Jedinja.
    Invisible Fences, unkillable Target Practice Dummy's, Shared Bank's, Pale Lavender Ioun Stones, the dimensional barrier between Eberron and Shavarath, I've broken them all...

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post

Good post. Thumb up by me. Also news about effects of the feat sounds cool.

(Only l0sers would report it for being a gif or being oversized)

Community Member

I had Spring Attack on my fighter-tank before my recent reincarnation. It wasn't what the description said, but I loved it in this way. I didn't use it too much in combat, except to jump out when being mobbed by enemies, because I had my charges for most other purposes, but it's an abundant step and useable in the air like one, which made much of the plattforming a non-issue despite being no monk, favored soul, dragonborn, etc.

So having this action in addition to its prior effects (and the need of the feat for WWA) is definitely a plus.

I don't want to have it any other way, but would alter the description.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old One
    Active charge attack that causes you to leap forward striking a target enemy and all those around them. Requires a visible target and that you are holding a melee weapon.
    You can use it without targets, it's based on the direction you're facing, and doesn't act like other charges.

Quote Originally Posted by More accurate
    Active jump attack that causes you to leap forward, passing enemies and striking each enemy in your path. Requires holding a melee weapon.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pandjed View Post
    You can use it without targets, it's based on the direction you're facing, and doesn't act like other charges.
    I think this much better honestly. Being a guy that loves seeing the damage numbers fly off the screen, It does make me sad that if you do this attack and essentially fly through enemies hitting each one, you don't actually see the damage you have inflicted. haha.

I also like your observation of exiting a sticky situation with this. Not a bad idea!

Good stuff guys!
    Nico

Community Member

IDK it still seems backwards to me....Dire Charge should be the one that just barrels through everything, or blasts you out from inside a swarm...Spring Attack should be the one that moves you to a target so you can immediately start DPSing or following up with another active attack.

I'm fine with it being a utility skill when you dont have a target, but again it seems the point is to let melees quickly close to melee range and immediately start swinging. That seems like a utility that should be available earlier on in Heroic, while Dire Charge can be the "stun everything in a wide swath" ability at endgame.

Plus then you could Dire Charge then Spring Attack back into melee

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    IDK it still seems backwards to me....Dire Charge should be the one that just barrels through everything, or blasts you out from inside a swarm...Spring Attack should be the one that moves you to a target so you can immediately start DPSing or following up with another active attack.

I'm fine with it being a utility skill when you dont have a target, but again it seems the point is to let melees quickly close to melee range and immediately start swinging. That seems like a utility that should be available earlier on in Heroic, while Dire Charge can be the "stun everything in a wide swath" ability at endgame.

Good points. Melee tactics really needs a think through. Dire Charge is amazing at cap, but before that the options aren't great. The AoE CC situation was helped a bit by the strikethrough change, but they still can't cc a reaper, which is the most important CC target. I feel this is a big reason that many are going wis builds, apparently a bird claw can cc reapers, but a weapon can't. Additionally, they just nerfed the only melee enhancement that could over in the barb OS tree. I think only guardbreak procs and stunning shield actually work now, which are both niche, basically shield builds. As somebody said over in the other thread, attack speed slows (e.g. legendary salt), or low CD interrupts like guardbreak, would be useful for a tactics build.
    Last edited by LurkingVeteran; 02-25-2020 at 12:42 PM.

Community Member SpartanKiller13's Avatar

Noooo don't take Dire Charge away from my DC casters!

Turns out one-stat wonder = great Dire Charges
    -Khysiria of Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by zehnvhex View Post
    Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorc. You gives up some of the damage and self sustain for the ability to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    It's DDO. There are probably 6 different types of Evil damage.

You're thinking DnD, not DDO. Where the current setup makes more sense.

That is exactly what it is right now though.

Er, you're using it wrong.

It should be Spring Attack (catch the enemy unaware), turn around, (hard target someone) Dire Charge back into the group (to stun them), WWA to attack anyone else still up. Add in other attacks you may have to cycle through at that point onwards.

Dire Charge may stun targets first for more damage, but you lose out on not being able to target as many in one go with a Spring Attack (which will only target a group of the stunned targets on its way through its attack animation) in most cases after the Dire Charge. Whereas by using Spring Attack first, you control when the attack happens (usually when able to attack most targets in one go - as well as "drive" the Spring Attack to get as many as possible), and then when they all come after you, your Dire Charge can impact on all of them, permitting maximum use from WWA afterwards.

This matters little (or less) when they go aggro on others, so not that big a deal, but if you're first in line, Spring Attack, Dire Charge, WWA is the better approach.

J1NG
    Thelanis: Yijing (*Completionist* TR 20 Aasimar Scourge Monk Level 20 / Epic Level 10)
    Thelanis: Pocket-Monks: Sightblur, Peashoote, Jigglypath, Jedinja.
    Invisible Fences, unkillable Target Practice Dummy's, Shared Bank's, Pale Lavender Ioun Stones, the dimensional barrier between Eberron and Shavarath, I've broken them all...

Community Member

I'm using Spring Attack with my level 10 Ninja monk regularly. It's great when you are in Sneak mode to close the distance on a mob. Why walk over to them slowly in stealth and give the mob more chances to detect you? It's also great for taking out archers. Yes, it does take some practice to judge the range but well worth it. (Just practice with a Target Dummy)

This has been my favorite change to the way I play my monk so far. Big thank you to the Devs!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12