Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Community Manager

Default Extra Life 2019 and DDOstream Marathon Info

Extra Life 2019, Team Standing Stone Games, and Livestream Marathon

Once again Standing Stone Games, players from throughout the DDO community, and associated friends and family are raising money for Extra Life!

These donations are extremely important to people across the globe. Our fundraising through Team Standing Stone Games will help the local Boston Children's Hospital, which provides live-saving treatment and care to children from all over.

As a token of thanks, we will once again be offering minor incentives to people who donate. Also like usual, if you want in on the giveaways, I need you to send me a quick Private Message on the forums here so I can get your info in one place.

###

All right, without further ado, let's get to the good stuff!

You can read more information about Extra Life, a nonprofit organization that raises money for Children's Miracle Network affiliated hospitals, by clicking here.

To donate to the Team: http://extra-life.org/team/ssg

To find my donation page: https://www.extra-life.org/participant/jerrysnook

To sign up for Extra Life, if you want to raise money yourself: http://www.extra-life.org/

ANYONE is welcome to join the Standing Stone Games team, provided you are willing to do your part to raise money to help sick kids during this event.

I have set a goal of raising $10,000 for the Boston Children's Hospital. Last year we were the top fundraiser for the Boston Children's Hospital, and we'd love to do that again.

###

Incentives

If you donate at least $10, you will be entered into the various DDO Point and other drawings that are unlocked by Team Standing Stone Games reaching certain milestones. If you donate to me or another Team member, it counts!

There's one important thing, though: Extra Life doesn't provide me with enough info to match your donation to a forum/DDO community name, and I don't get donation info you donate to other team members, so if you donate and want to get a prize, you MUST fill out the following info and PM it to me on the forums here:

The name you used for your donation on the Extra Life page:
    Forum name (or Twitter handle, etc.):
    Amount Donated:
    Date of Donation (if you know it):

Without further ado, here are the incentives!

Group incentives:

$2000 - Ten 500 DDO Point codes and ten picks from the Community Loot List will be randomly distributed to people who donate at least $10 to the fundraising effort through a random-number-generated drawing.
    $4000 - Ten more 500 DDO Point and ten more picks from the Community Loot List will be randomly distributed to folks who donate $10+.
    $6000 - Ten more 500 DDO Point codes and ten Pork Barrel stacks will be randomly distributed to folks who donate $10+.
    $8000 - Ten additional codes for Pork Barrels will be randomly distributed to folks who donate at least ten dollars.
    $10000 - We have met our goal! We will give away two Ultimate Fan Editions of the Masterminds of Sharn expansion!

ALSO: Anyone who donates at least $10 will be entered into a drawing for a Masterminds of Sharn Ultimate Edition that we'll award at the end of the fundraiser, provided you've given me your contact info as listed above.

Further incentives may be announced in the future.

Individual incentives:

$5 - Forum Title of your choice, within the community guidelines. PM me with your desired choice. If you already have a custom title, I can add another!
    $10 - Custom Forum Avatar - Let me know what you want your avatar to be, and I'll do my best to make it happen.
    $20 - Two picks from the Community Loot List.
    $30 - Two additional picks from the Community Loot List
    $50 - A code for three Pork Barrels, along with two additional picks from the Community Loot List.

All incentives are cumulative, so if you donate $50, you also get the benefits of the lower tiers. If you have a specific request based on the level of your donation, just PM me and we'll sort it out. I will be taking donations through November 15th. All giveaways and incentives will take place after November 15th.

Here is the Community Loot List:

Lawrence's Robe of Trivial Knowledge
    Lousy Docent Event Item
    Lousy Chainshirt
    Scepter of Siberys
    Wayfinder's Scepter
    Eternal Titan Wand
    Spooky Festival Mask - Bound to Character on Acquire
    Festival Mask (Scary version) - Bound to Character on Acquire
    Shen's Robe
    Tainted Helm of Mystery
    Tchurvul's Kukri
    Lucky Hat
    Battleworn Shield of Cyre
    Winter Wolf Pup - Bound to Character on Acquire
    Snowy Owlbear Creature Companion
    Merry Mini-Mimic
    Dusty Air Elemental
    Invisible Mini-Stalker
    Yellow gelatinous cube-let
    Pet Rock
    Evil Eyelet
    Witch's Hat for Creature Companions
    Hand Sanitizer
    Pork Barrels

###

On Saturday, October 26th, from Noon until Midnight Easter, we'll be hosting a DDO Extra Life Marathon on Twitch.tv/DDOstream, and raising money during that time. We'd love it if you felt like stopping by and saying hello. This is a great way to celebrate Extra Life and hang out with other DDO players. Expect giveaways and fun stuff in chat!

###

Thank you for your donation, however large or small it may be.

Sincerely,
    Jerry Snook
    Cordovan - Community Manager, Dungeons & Dragons Online
    Last edited by Cordovan; 10-25-2019 at 09:45 AM.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Community Member

I've been playing DDO for years. I have never posted on this. I donated to the Extra Life deal. I do not know how to PM you to let you know the info that you need to get me into the prizes. I did donate $50 + the $3.50 paypal fee on 10-14-2019 to jerrysnook page. My main is Arette on the Orien server.

Quote Originally Posted by stnxalot View Post
    I do not know how to PM you to let you know the info that you need to get me into the prizes.
    Left click on his name, a mini pop up menu... um... pops up. Click Private Message.

What no Kilt or shaving your head with the DDO symbol incentive?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Added even later: Ignore this add, I am the dumb.

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Yamani View Post
    What no Kilt or shaving your head with the DDO symbol incentive?
    I'm not a big fan of stunt incentives, but if the community wants it to happen I am usually game.
    Join us on Twitch!

Community Manager

As of the time of this writing we are nearing $2500 in donations! Thank you so much everyone for launching this successfully this year. It may take a bit of time for me to get back to your PM, as I am keeping a list for both games and keeping things organized, but I will get back to you.

I will also keep things updated here.

Congratulations!
    Join us on Twitch!

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

I don't know why, but the "team" page link does not work for me.
    "You are a Tiefling. And a Cleric, with the Domain of the Sun. Doesn't that contradict each other ?" "No, all my friends are playing evil. I found that so boring that I decided to be on the good side. And, besides, Sun and Fire, where is the difference, really ?"

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Alrik_Fassbauer View Post
    I don't know why, but the "team" page link does not work for me.
    Oops, link fixed, shortened from last year: http://extra-life.org/team/ssg
    Join us on Twitch!

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

Thank you.

Just another question : How exactly do I donate ?
    Last edited by Alrik_Fassbauer; 10-15-2019 at 12:18 PM.
    "You are a Tiefling. And a Cleric, with the Domain of the Sun. Doesn't that contradict each other ?" "No, all my friends are playing evil. I found that so boring that I decided to be on the good side. And, besides, Sun and Fire, where is the difference, really ?"

What is the time frame on this? maybe im just missing it

Quote Originally Posted by Hobgoblin View Post
    What is the time frame on this? maybe im just missing it
    I will be taking donations through November 15th. All giveaways and incentives will take place after November 15th.
    live stream fun near end of OCT as well

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Alrik_Fassbauer View Post
    Thank you.

Just another question : How exactly do I donate ?
    Click here to donate to me through Extra-Life.org. Once you've done that, send me a quick PM with your forum name, donation name (if different), amount, and general date of donation (to the day is fine) and I'll put it on my list to make sure you get your stuff.
    Join us on Twitch!

Community Manager

Thank you everyone for your generous support! We've crossed the $4,500 mark, which is amazing, and well on our way to cross our $10,000 goal!

I am also (surprisingly) being organized this year so far, and am ahead of the curve on tracking incentives. My hope is to reply to your private message in the next week if you have messaged me so far.
    Join us on Twitch!

When is this ending? Now is the middle of the month.

I dont understand the group and individual donations?

Group as in a bunch of people pool their money and donate? Means sending you a bunch of names?

Would be nice if spider mask and black panther is in the list.

2014 DDO Players Council

Individual incentives:

$5 - Forum Title of your choice, within the community guidelines. PM me with your desired choice. If you already have a custom title, I can add another!
    $10 - Custom Forum Avatar - Let me know what you want your avatar to be, and I'll do my best to make it happen.
    $20 - Two picks from the Community Loot List.
    $30 - Two additional picks from the Community Loot List
    $50 - A code for three Pork Barrels, along with two additional picks from the Community Loot List.

All incentives are cumulative, so if you donate $50, you also get the benefits of the lower tiers. If you have a specific request based on the level of your donation, just PM me and we'll sort it out. I will be taking donations through November 15th. All giveaways and incentives will take place after November 15th.
    Thanks for putting the incentives out there for this good cause.

I have a question: if the company that employs me matches my donation, does the total count toward the incentives, or only the portion that came directly from me? I'm pretty sure the company Board of Directors don't need any community loot picks. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by ProducerRowan View Post
    Our final update of 2014 will extend the level cap to 30, which is intended to be DDO’s “permanent” level cap

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post
    Thanks for putting the incentives out there for this good cause.

I have a question: if the company that employs me matches my donation, does the total count toward the incentives, or only the portion that came directly from me? I'm pretty sure the company Board of Directors don't need any community loot picks. :-)
    This hasn't really happened in the past, but if your company is matching and makes a donation, or you donate on their behalf, I'm in support of adding that total to your donation for the purposes of incentives.
    Join us on Twitch!

18. 10-17-2019, 03:09 PM

Given a small donation, great cause, good one Cordovan
    Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
    The downside to sycophancy is that you never get the best deal.
    Free spirits are always condemned. Only sycophants are tolerated.
    Even negative feed back can have a positive side if used to improve.

if you go on to the main page they also say this........

"Boston Children's Hospital combines unbeatable life-changing care and world-changing research that offers hope to sick children worldwide.

these funds may stay local but the results of that funding in research is world wide.

If you think about it, there a is much higher level efficacy, spreading out the donations would reduce impact and incur unnecessary costs.

oh the post i was trying to reply to has gone, will leave this up though in case of further confusion
    Last edited by Brutuscass; 10-17-2019 at 03:41 PM.
    Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
    The downside to sycophancy is that you never get the best deal.
    Free spirits are always condemned. Only sycophants are tolerated.
    Even negative feed back can have a positive side if used to improve.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brutuscass View Post
    if you go on to the main page they also say this........

"Boston Children's Hospital combines unbeatable life-changing care and world-changing research that offers hope to sick children worldwide.

these funds may stay local but the results of that funding in research is world wide.

If you think about it, there a is much higher level efficacy, spreading out the donations would reduce impact and incur unnecessary costs.

oh the post i was trying to reply to has gone, will leave this up though in case of further confusion
    Moderation tought it wasn't appropriate... Appologies if I hurt sensibilities.

Yeah, read that... yet it's at best shady on those worldwide implications. It seams really more locally grounded (wich is fine), so don't expect me to give a dime while there are worldwide orgs, or spefically research based institues (the involved hospitals use the money at their own discretion, which is nice but...)
    Last edited by Zwentibald; 10-18-2019 at 05:07 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast