Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Why no reaper xp?

I recently completed Detour and Lost in the Swamp on 1 skull with 0 reaper xp earned. On the top the base was listed at 104 and on the bottom listed 0.

I'm level 18 but I did have the level 20 cat with me which should drag the reaper xp down, but 0?

Thanks.

Any chance you stealth/zerged it? Gotta get 10 kills to activate any RXP.

its the cat

u arnt supposed to beable to do heroic reaper with a 20 in the group so it kills all your rxp

Yep cat. You probably shouldn't summon it if you're below level 20. And not if you're grouping with other people who are below level 20, it kills all of their reaper xp too.
    Selvera: Aasimar Fighter 20/Epic 10; Old and wise fighter.
    Jen: Half Elf Fvs 4; Healer Archer on a TR with friends
    Mayve: Drow Bard 14/Wizard 6/Epic 7; Vampire Enchantress

Community Member

Pretty funny that a summon that can actually be a liability reduces xp.

Arbitrary imaginary limitations, for the loss.

Those last few levels before 20 were always a slog due to not being able to play level 20, 21 quests etc when level 18. Are they really afraid someone is going to waste their first time eVON5 completion capping a heroic character? Thats what the imaginary line is for?
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013 (when concurrency was ~4x what it is today)

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Thats what the imaginary line is for?
    That line is called "Epic". With Destinies, a Lvl 20 potentially jumps in power.

I distinctly remember doing IQ/DD quests (level 18-20/19-21) at level 18 with a level 20 in the party on R1 and getting reaper XP.
    Primary Home: Argonnessen
    Archarias, Guild Leader of Britches & Hosen
    "Elder brains are a lot like bouncy castles. They just sit there, but if you jump up and down on them, things get interesting real quick." ~FlimsyFirewood

Quote Originally Posted by HastyPudding View Post
    I distinctly remember doing IQ/DD quests (level 18-20/19-21) at level 18 with a level 20 in the party on R1 and getting reaper XP.
    I distinctly remember being unable to enter IQ/DD quests on reaper difficulty with a level 20 character.
    Selvera: Aasimar Fighter 20/Epic 10; Old and wise fighter.
    Jen: Half Elf Fvs 4; Healer Archer on a TR with friends
    Mayve: Drow Bard 14/Wizard 6/Epic 7; Vampire Enchantress

Quote Originally Posted by Selvera View Post
    I distinctly remember being unable to enter IQ/DD quests on reaper difficulty with a level 20 character.
    No, I've definitely done it with level 20's before on reaper. No doubt in my mind about that.
    "Elder brains are a lot like bouncy castles. They just sit there, but if you jump up and down on them, things get interesting real quick." ~FlimsyFirewood

Community Member

No, I've definitely done it with level 20's before on reaper. No doubt in my mind about that.
    Try it now.

Community Member

As an aside, Ive long held the opinion that, ever since epic levels, the dividing line between epic benefits (eg EDs) should between 20 and 21, not 19 and 20.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Maybe in one of the early lamannia previews, it's never been allowed on live.

The level lockout always existed between heroic and epic. The reason the devs gave is that there is a big difference in power between 19 and 20 due to epic destinies which is a valid issue.
    DC Warlock Reaper Build (U48)
    Max DC Illusionist Reaper Build (U48)

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    Maybe in one of the early lamannia previews, it's never been allowed on live.
    No, it was on live. This was at least 8-12 months ago, if my memory is correct, but I know for a fact I was in on reaper and it was with a level 20 doing the dreaming dark chain on R1. I know it because we were even talking about it while partying. I can't remember the person's name (magnus? mathias? I think it started with an M and it was on Argo, and I think they were a caster because I remember seeing the draconic vortex ability), but I remember the conversation we had about it.

Maybe because dreaming dark quests are level 21 but they're still heroic, not epic? I don't know.

Community Member

No, it was on live. This was at least 8-12 months ago, if my memory is correct, but I know for a fact I was in on reaper and it was with a level 20 doing the dreaming dark chain on R1. I know it because we were even talking about it while partying. I can't remember the person's name (magnus? mathias? I think it started with an M and it was on Argo, and I think they were a caster because I remember seeing the draconic vortex ability), but I remember the conversation we had about it.

Maybe because dreaming dark quests are level 21 but they're still heroic, not epic? I don't know.
    Dreaming Dark flagging quests are level 19 and Dreaming Dark is level 20.

And no you definitely cannot enter the first two with a 20 in the party on reaper. I do believe you can do Dreaming Dark however on reaper with 20s, but not with level 15s.

Quote Originally Posted by jskinner937 View Post
    Dreaming Dark flagging quests are level 19 and Dreaming Dark is level 20.

And no you definitely cannot enter the first two with a 20 in the party on reaper. I do believe you can do Dreaming Dark however on reaper with 20s, but not with level 15s.
    They're 21 and 22 on elite/reaper.

And yet I know for a fact that I entered titan and both island quests with a level 20 in the group. We were all level 18-20. Maybe it glitched out, I don't know, but I know we were in there together.

Heck, I even remember doing the DD chain with somebody who was 19 and took level 20 halfway through.

Community Member

They're 21 and 22 on elite/reaper.

And yet I know for a fact that I entered titan and both island quests with a level 20 in the group. We were all level 18-20. Maybe it glitched out, I don't know, but I know we were in there together.

Heck, I even remember doing the DD chain with somebody who was 19 and took level 20 halfway through.
    Assuming you're not misremembering, do you know if that level 20 character had access to epic destinies? I don't know where I got the idea from, but I've had it floating around in my head for a long time that a level 20 character with no EDs might be able to enter heroic quests on reaper. I've never had the chance to test it, though, and don't know if it's actually the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnie View Post
    Assuming you're not misremembering, do you know if that level 20 character had access to epic destinies? I don't know where I got the idea from, but I've had it floating around in my head for a long time that a level 20 character with no EDs might be able to enter heroic quests on reaper. I've never had the chance to test it, though, and don't know if it's actually the case.
    No, I remember them using energy vortex from the draconic destiny because we were talking about the ability, itself.

Making me doubt myself, now, but I really remember having this conversation with a level 20 in the party in the DD chain.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by GramercyRiff View Post
    Pretty funny that a summon that can actually be a liability reduces xp.
    Union dues...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast