Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RD2play View Post
    A couple of questions need answering:
    I'd be happy to supply what answers I can! =]

Are collectibles going to no longer be House bound? but only depend on nodes?
    Collectibles will not be house bound. Collectible dispensers now drop any of the collectibles from their category (internally referenced as Arcane, Lore, Natural, or Cultural) and tier (based on level of the quest you are in). There are 6 tiers of quest level (1-5, 5-10, 11-15, 16-20, 21-25, 26+).

This means that, for example, a mushroom in a level 3 quest has chances to drop a Sweet Whitecap (Common), Deadly Feverblanch (Uncommon), or Pale Creeper (Rare) whereas a mushroom in a level 27 quest has chances to drop a Crypt Moth (Common), Hairy Trumpet (Uncommon), or a Shimmering Spore Pod (Rare). Cultural collectible dispensers (which are usually represented by backpacks) are slightly different as they have a chance to drop any tier appropriate collectible (though weighted towards cultural ones). This is done because cultural collectibles also drop in bags from monsters.

This is all in addition to dragonshard fragments.

How are they going to be added into the Fearun stuff?
    The only caveat to the above statement is that Forgotten Realms quests will have their own special collectible dispensers. The only difference between Forgotten Realms dispensers and Eberron dispensers will be the inclusion or exclusion of collectibles with lore specific to either campaign setting (Soarwood will not drop in the Forgotten Realms, for example).

will there be nodes added? or just trough purple bags?
    We will be adding collectible dispensers to as many of the quests that don't currently have them (both Forgotten Realms and ones simply made after collectibles were no longer used) as we have time to manage before the release of U32. It is possible not every single quest will have collectible dispensers when U32 launches but many more will than currently do and the goal will be to, eventually (if we don't manage it by U32), make sure every quest has collectible dispensers.

Will the droprate be changed?
    No. Each collectible dispenser will drop a single collectible with a chance to grant dragonshard fragments as well.

I noticed a piece of rubble in one of the new quests dropped a whole stack of stuff (though another pile dropped me a gem?!?).
    That is odd and should not be happening. This will sound like an odd question but: Do you recall how long it had been since you zoned into a new area?

Also, when you say "a whole stack of stuff", what sort of things are we talking about? Just collectibles (and a gem) or other things as well?

Also number 2, do you recall whether you were on the heroic or legendary version of the quest?

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    Collectibles will not be house bound. Collectible dispensers now drop any of the collectibles from their category (internally referenced as Arcane, Lore, Natural, or Cultural) and tier (based on level of the quest you are in). There are 6 tiers of quest level (1-5, 5-10, 11-15, 16-20, 21-25, 26+).
    This is the part I don't particularity like. Running low level quests for no xp, and probably no favor, on my capped character so I can get the ingredients I want is not the most fun idea to me. This would have made more sense in the old system where the shards themselves had a level range they were most useful in but in the new system this would only make sense if the leveled collectibles were used to make the ML shards of the same level.

Quote Originally Posted by DYWYPI View Post
    Since it was mentioned above about lots of good (desirable) unbound crafted items appearing for sale on AH, we'll presume a Epic Level item, with 3 useful Slots. I could be totally wrong but I personally doubt they'll be loads of Epic level Unbound Crafting items for sale in the Platinum Auction within the first week - or even a steady flow afterwards. Since obtaining Collectables is the major choke point or grind.

Let's have a look at some simple gear, e.g. ML 20 Spot Goggles with three effects: Spot, Insightful Spot and Wisdom

I believe (E&OE) that would require the following:

• 1950 Cannith Essences
    • 14 Purified Eberron Dragonshards
    • 30 Amber Vials
    • 10 Khyber Prayer Pamphlets
    • 2 Vials of Contagion
    • 30 Cryptic Messages
    • 10 Silver Bowls
    • 5 Sanguine Moths
    • 30 Singed Soarwoods
    • 10 Silver Flame Hymnals
    • 2 Lightning-Split Soarwoods

Even in raw materials if you sourced them all currently on the Thelanis Auction House that would likely set you back over: 1,640,000pp. That's considering much lower than average weekly prices for those materials. (It's not uncommon to see Eberron Dragonshards posted at over 500,000pp 'starting price' or higher but I'm using lower values, about half that).

So if you were the Crafter and wanted to even break-even, you'd need to be selling those Goggles well over 2-million Platinum... There are probably much easier ways to make platinum than grinding Crafting materials and selling those goggles. It totals around 130 Collectables just for that single item alone. I doubt hardcore Crafters will be falling-over-themselves to make unbound items on a whim to place upon AH if they have to farm all the raw materials themselves.
    Thank you for the in-depth scrutiny and write up. The obvious answer is no one is likely to put an unbound crafted item on the regular AH. Such items will become the purview of the ASAH, and very likely most crafting materials (at least at first) will also shift to the ASAH. While these changes will not make unbound crafting non-existent, it does seem as though the casual or friendly unbound crafting for friends, family, and guildmates will suffer. Crafting generously for unknown puggers (as I absolutely have in the past) will NOT happen. The ASAH exists for Turbine to profit, it remains to be seen how much they will profit from the New Cannith Crafting.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Thumbs up Change in Collectible dispensers that affects current artificial rarity

This means that, for example, a mushroom in a level 3 quest has chances to drop a Sweet Whitecap (Common), Deadly Feverblanch (Uncommon), or Pale Creeper (Rare) whereas a mushroom in a level 27 quest has chances to drop a Crypt Moth (Common), Hairy Trumpet (Uncommon), or a Shimmering Spore Pod (Rare). Cultural collectible dispensers (which are usually represented by backpacks) are slightly different as they have a chance to drop any tier appropriate collectible (though weighted towards cultural ones). This is done because cultural collectibles also drop in bags from monsters.

This is all in addition to dragonshard fragments.

The only caveat to the above statement is that Forgotten Realms quests will have their own special collectible dispensers. The only difference between Forgotten Realms dispensers and Eberron dispensers will be the inclusion or exclusion of collectibles with lore specific to either campaign setting (Soarwood will not drop in the Forgotten Realms, for example).

We will be adding collectible dispensers to as many of the quests that don't currently have them (both Forgotten Realms and ones simply made after collectibles were no longer used) as we have time to manage before the release of U32. It is possible not every single quest will have collectible dispensers when U32 launches but many more will than currently do and the goal will be to, eventually (if we don't manage it by U32), make sure every quest has collectible dispensers.

No. Each collectible dispenser will drop a single collectible with a chance to grant dragonshard fragments as well.

That is odd and should not be happening. This will sound like an odd question but: Do you recall how long it had been since you zoned into a new area?

Also, when you say "a whole stack of stuff", what sort of things are we talking about? Just collectibles (and a gem) or other things as well?

Also number 2, do you recall whether you were on the heroic or legendary version of the quest?
    I've been waiting to see this posted. Thank you!

Alright I'm curious now. I'm guessing Arcane and Lore collectible nodes would most likely be bookshelves, alchemy stations, maybe those little end tables with decorative bits on them, where does Rubble fall in these categories?

That sounds awesome. One of my chief complaints about TOEE was that it felt so terribly empty of things to interact with other than the mobs themselves. Filling that quest with hidden collectible nodes will go a long way toward making it feel more fleshed out.
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

<snip>

First off thanks for the reply! This will reduce the respective rarity of some collectibles!

Now for the rubble part, Yeah I figured it should not be WAI. I ran the first of the slavers quest on Heroic Normal just to check it out. The first rubble pile gave me a gem which made me go "hey that should not come from there". The mushrooms all dropped regular collectibles so they are ok, I cant remember if there where any other nodes but if there where they all dropped normal collectibles. The last rubble pile gave me Throwing axe and (not entirely certain on some) Tools and some scrolls? real weird. so indeed something to look into!

ok stepped in again (hn) first rubble pile gave, (Standard): You obtain 232 Gold Pieces, 2 Ambers, 2 Green Spinels, and a +3 Magnetic 62 Battleaxe of Vertigo 5. I don't have time to run the entire quest again but I take it the latter one has the same bug to it.
    G-land, Balistas Magicas, Bashukar Bloodaxe, Kobur Curse of Dragon, Necromatix

First off thanks for the reply! This will reduce the respective rarity of some collectibles!

Now for the rubble part, Yeah I figured it should not be WAI. I ran the first of the slavers quest on Heroic Normal just to check it out. The first rubble pile gave me a gem which made me go "hey that should not come from there". The mushrooms all dropped regular collectibles so they are ok, I cant remember if there where any other nodes but if there where they all dropped normal collectibles. The last rubble pile gave me Throwing axe and (not entirely certain on some) Tools and some scrolls? real weird. so indeed something to look into!

ok stepped in again (hn) first rubble pile gave, (Standard): You obtain 232 Gold Pieces, 2 Ambers, 2 Green Spinels, and a +3 Magnetic 62 Battleaxe of Vertigo 5. I don't have time to run the entire quest again but I take it the latter one has the same bug to it.
    Wonderful. You being on Heroic means I actually know what that is already and am no longer worried. =]

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Alright I'm curious now. I'm guessing Arcane and Lore collectible nodes would most likely be bookshelves, alchemy stations, maybe those little end tables with decorative bits on them, where does Rubble fall in these categories?
    Rubble is the other "Culture" dispenser to go along with backpacks and enemy bag drops.

Community Member

Thank you for the in-depth scrutiny and write up. The obvious answer is no one is likely to put an unbound crafted item on the regular AH. Such items will become the purview of the ASAH, and very likely most crafting materials (at least at first) will also shift to the ASAH. While these changes will not make unbound crafting non-existent, it does seem as though the casual or friendly unbound crafting for friends, family, and guildmates will suffer. Crafting generously for unknown puggers (as I absolutely have in the past) will NOT happen. The ASAH exists for Turbine to profit, it remains to be seen how much they will profit from the New Cannith Crafting.
    It should be interesting to watch the distortions to the DDO economy produced by the New Cannith Crafting. And will newer players to the game be adversely affected if the economy runs riot?

Community Member

first rubble pile gave, (Standard): You obtain 232 Gold Pieces, 2 Ambers, 2 Green Spinels, and a +3 Magnetic 62 Battleaxe of Vertigo 5. I don't have time to run the entire quest again but I take it the latter one has the same bug to it.
    FWIW, I have also noticed this and I thought this was a nice addition to the game. Sad to hear that this was unintended.

Rubble is the other "Culture" dispenser to go along with backpacks and enemy bag drops.
    Ah okay. Thank you for response.

the casual or friendly unbound crafting for friends, family, and guildmates will suffer. Crafting generously for unknown puggers (as I absolutely have in the past) will NOT happen.
    Agree with this 100%. As a crafter who particularly used to enjoy surprising folk - especially new folk - who'd been good to run with with a nice item (or at least shards to make their own), I don't find this a desirable outcome at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge
    Quote Originally Posted by Amundir View Post
    My words are great. Even out of context.

Quote Originally Posted by Andu_Indorin View Post
    It should be interesting to watch the distortions to the DDO economy produced by the New Cannith Crafting. And will newer players to the game be adversely affected if the economy runs riot?
    Hopefully, vets steer newer players toward crafting for themselves or encourage them if they have no interest in crafting to post their collectibles/essences on AH/ASAH. The heroic levels are unlikely to be warped by crafting because most heroic quests are balanced for a time when players had far lower power over all i.e. lower powered and fewer enhancements, lower powered gear, un-enhanced feats, before prr/mrr. Doesn't make too much sense crafting best in slot for the early levels (using ingredients) when most vets already zerg through them like terminator on fast forward. Heck with Tr-ing they can even legitimately use his catchphrase.

Hopefully, vets steer newer players toward crafting for themselves or encourage them if they have no interest in crafting to post their collectibles/essences on AH/ASAH. The heroic levels are unlikely to be warped by crafting because most heroic quests are balanced for a time when players had far lower power over all i.e. lower powered and fewer enhancements, lower powered gear, un-enhanced feats, before prr/mrr. Doesn't make too much sense crafting best in slot for the early levels (using ingredients) when most vets already zerg through them like terminator on fast forward. Heck with Tr-ing they can even legitimately use his catchphrase.
    This is exactly right.

In another thread someone posted they got over 10k essences (equivalent for new system) in a week simply by grinding items they looted. This means with no store boosts simply by collecting essences in chests and grinding items for essences most casual players should be able to hit bta cap in the new system and craft their own items.

If people want to craft bta twink gear before U32 they still have time to do it. With the new system all of us will have to conserve mats and this is good for the economy of the game - much better than old crafted gear ever was.

Is the system perfect? No and no system will be. I would have prefered lower costs on prefixes / suffixes and higher costs on bonus slots so my casual friends could craft more, but I can live with the system as it's designed.
    DC Warlock Reaper Build (U48)
    Max DC Illusionist Reaper Build (U48)

Community Member

Default Tooltips Again

While I'm on the subject of tooltips for the crafting stations, it would also be nice to be able to sort the shards into prefix, suffix and extra.

Quote Originally Posted by Zafaron View Post
    While I'm on the subject of tooltips for the crafting stations, it would also be nice to be able to sort the shards into prefix, suffix and extra.
    You can already just search those terms in the machine and it should pull up a list of what you can craft.

Stoner81.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    Known issue if you keep applying marks of house cannith, but I think we should explain as a community why fixing the ladder bug 100% should be a higher priority than fixing this.
    HAH! just rolled across this looking for the dev comments in this discussion. I love it.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stoner81 View Post
    You can already just search those terms in the machine and it should pull up a list of what you can craft.

Stoner81.
    This is the main thing. You have to search in the item machine, not the shard machine to know where things go.

Community Member

That sounds awesome. One of my chief complaints about TOEE was that it felt so terribly empty of things to interact with other than the mobs themselves. Filling that quest with hidden collectible nodes will go a long way toward making it feel more fleshed out.
    Tons of the scenery in that quest looks like inactive collectible nodes too. Would be really nice for spending a lot of time in there for rares and "slayers" if each room had some nodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Cantor View Post
    Tons of the scenery in that quest looks like inactive collectible nodes too. Would be really nice for spending a lot of time in there for rares and "slayers" if each room had some nodes.
    Until recently I hadn't spent much time in TOEE, some of it is quite beautiful but overall I hadn't found much reason to play it because the amount of ingredients necessary to upgrade even one item seemed silly for the amount of time spent at that level (in heroics at least). My hubby however, decided to make a dual bastard wielding half orc thug and absolutely had to have Spinal Tap, not one but two and both heroic and epic. So lately we've been running those quests quite frequently which means we've actually begun gathering TOEE ingredients unintentionally. This unintentional stockpile has gone a long way towards making the ingredient grind there not feel so much like a "Why bother?" But it would be really nice to have something else to be looking for in there besides random chests and rares. One other thing I had not anticipated was the massive amount of per character Monster Manual XP we accumulate in there even over level. All in all a surprisingly well rounded, well crafted quest that just seems to be missing collectibles and puzzles.

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast