Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by lyrecono View Post
    isn't calling people potatoes against the community guidelines?
    All I can say on this, is go make your own thread. This one is derailed enough already, which is, if you want to play this game, against the community guideline as well.

Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    Looking at your join date you've been here barely 2 years and yet you're saying you already have Litany, Ardency, Quiver of Alacrity, Kundarak Boots, Multiple CitW items and a Minos {OK that last one isn't difficult for someone who's run Abbot literally 60 times in a year!}.

Or maybe your join date is wrong and you've been here much longer than that whereas I'm going to ask HOW have you never ran Deleras....Not even once? Not even on a Guest Pass?
    But then again....There's more ways to get that 5% xp now - Mantle of course, the Evil version the devs added in a recent update and I think at least one more.
    Ah, the join date brought up, was missing it. Is it mandatory to run Delera and we missed an announcement?

And for people like yourself who already have every ultra rare must have item on the list surely you'd prefer the Devs put in options for you that aren't blatant newbie traps?
    You mean, we might prefer something that we have stated over and over and over in this thread? Yeah, I think we do. Are you actually reading the thread?

never said it(litany) was bad, i said it's no longer a must have and it's too hard for newbies to upgrade it.
    Not bothering to reply to someone who replies in between my own quote. But I will color it in yellow for you

isn't calling people potatoes against the community guidelines?
    You just implied that every newbie is stupid in your previous replies. If calling someone a potato is against the guideline, so are you
    Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    I don't think you get a choice.. you are Rys's minion..

Looking at your join date you've been here barely 2 years and yet you're saying you already have Litany, Ardency, Quiver of Alacrity, Kundarak Boots, Multiple CitW items and a Minos {OK that last one isn't difficult for someone who's run Abbot literally 60 times in a year!}.

Or maybe your join date is wrong and you've been here much longer than that whereas I'm going to ask HOW have you never ran Deleras....Not even once? Not even on a Guest Pass?
    But then again....There's more ways to get that 5% xp now - Mantle of course, the Evil version the devs added in a recent update and I think at least one more.

And for people like yourself who already have every ultra rare must have item on the list surely you'd prefer the Devs put in options for you that aren't blatant newbie traps?
    Join date on the forums means nothing. And nope, haven't run Deleras not even once because I never felt the need to buy it nor run it.

And for what I would prefer, is not giving out the raid loot and put there something interesting instead. Cosmetics/consumables/augments/cool clickies/idc.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    Ah, the join date brought up, was missing it. Is it mandatory to run Delera and we missed an announcement?

You mean, we might prefer something that we have stated over and over and over in this thread? Yeah, I think we do. Are you actually reading the thread?

Not bothering to reply to someone who replies in between my own quote. But I will color it in yellow for you

You just implied that every newbie is stupid in your previous replies. If calling someone a potato is against the guideline, so are you
    you implied that, i was using the word misinformed.
    Many things in DDO are broken or badly edited at least, leading to people making misinformed choices, leading to disappointments, that's why we have a DDO wiki and veterans in mentor programs.
    even then, a simple post on the main part of the forum would inform people better then leaving things as it is and calling them potatoes like you did.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    I play a guy with a two-hander not just in this game, but in every game that has 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by J-mann View Post
    Not to derail the thread, but then can you make 2hf NOT suck so much compared to 2wf or swf?
    8 pages in, that train has already sailed. The dead horse is canned into cat food by now.

you implied that, i was using the word misinformed.
    Many things in DDO are broken or badly edited at least, leading to people making misinformed choices, leading to disappointments, that's why we have a DDO wiki and veterans in mentor programs.
    even then, a simple post on the main part of the forum would inform people better then leaving things as it is and calling them potatoes like you did.
    Who wants to leave things as they are? I want them to scrap this entire list and make an actual good one. I see you are following this thread closely.

Dude, post your thread, idc lol keep believing that every newbie is missing a brain if it makes you feel better with yourself, what can I do about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Join date on the forums means nothing. And nope, haven't run Deleras not even once because I never felt the need to buy it nor run it.
    You never felt the need to buy it nor run it?

Yet you state of all the items in that list it's Voice you'd take?

Really?

Also - I fully stated that your join date may have been wrong but I also covered that in that if it is wrong you've been here longer {much longer by the sounds of things} than the 2 years it implies and therefore it's pretty unbelievable that:
    A) You've never once run Deleras
    B) Having never once run Deleras you care at all about Voice - The only way I can see you picking Voice from that list is if you have literally every other useful to you item on it! And why Voice over Mantle? Did you buy Threnal but not Deleras? Mantle is the better choice!

I don't think Voice is the uber must have item many people claim it is either - Yes it's a nice bonus but I wouldn't go out of my way to get it and not one of my Iconic 1st Life Characters has run Deleras for Favour OR Voice! They'll get it at some point in the future yes {probably during a TR life} but for now I can do without.

You know full well that Voice is a guaranteed end reward - Whether or not you already have it and considering how long you've been playing DDO you probably already have most other packs anyway it's only a matter of time before Deleras is yours {Favour TP}.
    The same goes for newbies - At some point they're going to run Deleras - Putting Voice on this list may cause them to lose out on an item they may never ever see drop even when they do get Necro IV, Restless Isles or MotU!

P.S. More XP isn't always a good thing {especially for newbies who can and do level too fast - The amount of newbies I've seen quit having leveled to heroic cap in a month or less only to find themselves utterly incapable of competing at cap/in Epics is ridiculous!
    Some of them do TR but rarely make Lvl 10 on their second life before quitting!

Delara's chain:
    Voice of the Master A guaranteed drop in delara's chain end reward list

Chrono:
    Hellfire Crossbow drops often in Chronoscope raid

Threnal chain:
    Mantle of the Worldshaper A guaranteed drop in Threnal's chain end reward list

Reaver fate raid
    Gauntlets of Eternity
    Madstone Boots
    Ring of Lies
    No Cloudburst?
    Requires a Seal of the Stormreaver to upgrade, costing 20 of either black, blue or white scales

necro4:
    Quiver of Alacrity
    Litany of hte Dead
    Minos Legens Get this cheaply with tapestry turn ins
    Deathnip
    Skiver
    Staff of the Petitioner
    Twinblade
    Unwavering Ardency
    Requires a seal of the Abbot to fully upgrade, only found in the raid as a random drop or by turning in a full tome of untold legends or a completed shield frame.

Titan raid:
    Belt of Brute Strength
    Chattering Ring
    Seven Fingered Gloves
    Shining Crescents

Von raid:
    Kundaruk Delving Boots
    Epic Helm of the Red Dragon

ADQ:
    Chaosblade
    Marilith Chain

VoD&Hound
    Tharne's Goggles
    Levik's Defender
    Divine Vengeance

The mindsunder (easy to get through quest!)
    Quorforged Docent of Battle Drops often! requires upgrading

Xachosian Eardweller easy to get in the quests

Master artificer raid:
    Toven's Hammer Requires tons of ingr to upgrade including a named item drop

CitW raid:
    Antipode
    Balizarde
    Celestia
    Cleaver
    Needle
    Pinion
    Sireth
    All of these need 25!!! heroic commendations to unlock their full potential, they only drop in CitW and Fall of Truth raids

how about a simple post like this?
    Last edited by lyrecono; 02-22-2016 at 10:25 AM.
    I play a guy with a two-hander not just in this game, but in every game that has 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by J-mann View Post
    Not to derail the thread, but then can you make 2hf NOT suck so much compared to 2wf or swf?
    8 pages in, that train has already sailed. The dead horse is canned into cat food by now.

You never felt the need to buy it nor run it?

Yet you state of all the items in that list it's Voice you'd take?

Really?

Also - I fully stated that your join date may have been wrong but I also covered that in that if it is wrong you've been here longer {much longer by the sounds of things} than the 2 years it implies and therefore it's pretty unbelievable that:
    A) You've never once run Deleras
    B) Having never once run Deleras you care at all about Voice - The only way I can see you picking Voice from that list is if you have literally every other useful to you item on it! And why Voice over Mantle? Did you buy Threnal but not Deleras? Mantle is the better choice!

I don't think Voice is the uber must have item many people claim it is either - Yes it's a nice bonus but I wouldn't go out of my way to get it and not one of my Iconic 1st Life Characters has run Deleras for Favour OR Voice! They'll get it at some point in the future yes {probably during a TR life} but for now I can do without.

You know full well that Voice is a guaranteed end reward - Whether or not you already have it and considering how long you've been playing DDO you probably already have most other packs anyway it's only a matter of time before Deleras is yours {Favour TP}.
    The same goes for newbies - At some point they're going to run Deleras - Putting Voice on this list may cause them to lose out on an item they may never ever see drop even when they do get Necro IV, Restless Isles or MotU!

P.S. More XP isn't always a good thing {especially for newbies who can and do level too fast - The amount of newbies I've seen quit having leveled to heroic cap in a month or less only to find themselves utterly incapable of competing at cap/in Epics is ridiculous!
    Some of them do TR but rarely make Lvl 10 on their second life before quitting!
    I am not claiming it is uber nor useful. I am living without it just fine because I simply focus on the different aspects of the game. And no I don't even have the Mantle. I am not planning to take any of those if the list will be released as it is. My only point was that there are people who can have the loot you claim to be good but don't have the one you think is easy to get.

This is from the life number 6. Now I am on the life number 13 so you can go figure how many raid completions I have. If you need a screenie of my character and opened store showing I don't have Deleras just ask lol.

I am not claiming it is uber nor useful. I am living without it just fine because I simply focus on the different aspects of the game. And no I don't even have the Mantle. I am not planning to take any of those if the list will be released as it is. My only point was that there are people who can have the loot you claim to be good but don't have the one you think is easy to get.
    Of course there are going to be people who don't have Voice!

That's exactly my point!

Putting Voice on this list is a newbie trap for that very reason!

The number of people however who have all 3 of the Ultra Rare and Ultra Wanted items from Abbot + Both of the Ultra Rare and nice to have Titan items + the CitW weapon of their choice + everything else on that list that is rare/hard to get like yourself is ludicrously low!

Of course I should have known someone on these forums would make that claim though - It's impossible for you to prove you've never had the chance to pick up Voice or run Delera's at all! {A DDOStore Screenshot means nothing as you could have previously been VIP or indeed have had a guestpass bestowed on you in the past.}.
    It's also impossible for me to prove you have!

This is from the life number 6. Now I am on the life number 13 so you can go figure how many raid completions I have. If you need a screenie of my character and opened store showing I don't have Deleras just ask lol.

So 13 lives, 100 Abbot completions on just one of those lives, I'll assume you'd already completed Shroud many many times on the previous 5 before that screenie.

And yet you've never once run Deleras - Never mind chosen something else {Carnifex perhaps} over Voice.

In those 13 Lives you haven't managed to earn enough favour {I'll assume you're totally F2P} to buy even 75% of the packs in the game - I can't believe you'd have more than that and not have Deleras.

And you expect me to believe that there's any reason you'd pick Voice off that list other than that you already have everything else useful to you?
    You didn't care about Voice for 13 lives - Why should I believe you care about it now?
    And you say you don't have Mantle either? Well that means you've never bought Threnal either - So Mantle definitely beats Voice in this case!

That's exactly my point!

The number of people however who have all 3 of the Ultra Rare and Ultra Wanted items from Abbot + Both of the Ultra Rare and nice to have Titan items + the CitW weapon of their choice + everything else on that list that is rare/hard to get like yourself is ludicrously low!

Of course I should have known someone on these forums would make that claim though - It's impossible for you to prove you've never had the chance to pick up Voice or run Delera's at all! {A DDOStore Screenshot means nothing as you could have previously been VIP or indeed have had a guestpass bestowed on you in the past.}.

So 13 lives, 100 Abbot completions on just one of those lives, I'll assume you'd already completed Shroud many many times on the previous 5 before that screenie.

And yet you've never once run Deleras - Never mind chosen something else {Carnifex perhaps} over Voice.

In those 13 Lives you haven't managed to earn enough favour {I'll assume you're totally F2P} to buy even 75% of the packs in the game - I can't believe you'd have more than that and not have Deleras.

And you expect me to believe that there's any reason you'd pick Voice off that list other than that you already have everything else useful to you?
    You didn't care about Voice for 13 lives - Why should I believe you care about it now?
    And you say you don't have Mantle either? Well that means you've never bought Threnal either - So Mantle definitely beats Voice in this case!
    Oh my god Fran!!!!!!!!!!

Ryswell for real hasn't run Delera!!!!! WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BURN RYSWELL!!!!!!!!! REPORTED FOR NOT HAVING DELERA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Wizza; 02-22-2016 at 11:02 AM.

For crying out loud.

Last edited by SableShadow; 02-22-2016 at 11:17 AM.
    Brenna, Tzanna, and Tzinna Wavekin
    The Dancing Rogues of Argonnessen
    Ascent

That's exactly my point!

Nah, I'll just take third Pinion.

Not much use for many of the items listed. Could we get enough comms to upgrade a CitW item?
    Active: Meriam,
    Inactives: Fluorite, Bogenschutze, Merkava, Sorjak, Virgina, Heywire, Mayberry, Rhyodacite, Reepicheep
    Roving Guns

I can't remember if I've posted in here yet, if I have i'm probably about to repeat myself but:

I like all of those items conceptually and name-wise, although no comment on stats - at the end of the day I'd wear 'em if they were better than what I had, like any loot, and I'd only be commenting assuming I earn enough during the event to get any. No loot is motivation enough for me to play an event, the event has to be good or I won't bother.

-I have no problem with Sev having 2 items, he's the boss, and they're funny.
    -I think the docent and armour are beautifully and justifiably named.
    -I get no sense of arrogance/sarcasm. Perhaps its because I'm from Yorkshire, but where i'm from when someone opens up their pain to you, its because they like you. Calling it 'constant criticism' is not a dig at the players, its showing they love us anyway.

I don't often write unequivocally fanboi type posts, though I admit I'm usually on the side of taking the kinder view where Devs and Turbine are concerned (or I try to be). But this is DDO's 10th anniversary. For us and for the Turbine team (whether the individuals involved were here in 06 or not, after very few of the players were so if the Devs can't celebrate on the basis that they weren't the original team then neither can most of us).

No-one should be taking pot shots at each other over the silliness that such an occasion requires. No matter the state of the game this is the chance to agree: we all bloody love it and we're happy it's still around - or we simply wouldn't be here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge
    Quote Originally Posted by Amundir View Post
    My words are great. Even out of context.

Community Manager

This thread started as feedback on the quest items, but seems to have turned into a thread about the free items. We appreciate the feedback on all of it.

In regard to the 10th anniversary item giveaway, the intention was not to outfit every character in the game with a current-best-as-of-2016 piece of end game raid loot. The intention is to look back at named loot over the history of DDO, featuring some of the most-sought-after items over the course of the game's history. The items needed to be Bound to Character for obvious reasons, and we didn't want to provide augments.

Please keep in mind that things like Minos Legens are "easy to get" IF you have the adventure pack and do the work. This list is meant to offer various things to the entirety of the community, from people who remember running an older raid many times but never getting that one thing, to free players who don't have everything unlocked. The Voice of the Master and Mantle of the Worldshaper are being offered so that someone who either doesn't have the other pack, or doesn't want to run it, can make their augment. The Hellfire Crossbow is a great low-level weapon, and is one of the most sought-after weapons at its level. Sure, it doesn't have a huge use at end-game, but that's not the point.

Ultimately, we wanted to strike a balance between offering some of the most popular items over the game's history with not invalidating the hard work people did to acquire things over the years. We also wanted to not eat too much into current raids, nor offer something that would have too much of an impact on the game if "everyone had it", like the Ring of Spell Storing or Mysterious Bauble. For various technical reasons we mostly couldn't include upgraded things, and also liked the idea of some of this stuff perhaps motivating people to go into this older content to upgrade their stuff. Everything had to be Bound to Character on Acquire. And ultimately this is a free gift, so we had to operate under the assumption that anything we put in there could be potentially taken by every player in the game.

We've received some great feedback on this list, and thank you for it. We will look into adding something that would be of use to the folks who "have all of it/don't want any of it", and will look specifically at a few of the items suggested.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    This thread started as feedback on the quest items, but seems to have turned into a thread about the free items. We appreciate the feedback on all of it.

In regard to the 10th anniversary item giveaway, the intention was not to outfit every character in the game with a current-best-as-of-2016 piece of end game raid loot. The intention is to look back at named loot over the history of DDO, featuring some of the most-sought-after items over the course of the game's history. The items needed to be Bound to Character for obvious reasons, and we didn't want to provide augments.

Please keep in mind that things like Minos Legens are "easy to get" IF you have the adventure pack and do the work. This list is meant to offer various things to the entirety of the community, from people who remember running an older raid many times but never getting that one thing, to free players who don't have everything unlocked. The Voice of the Master and Mantle of the Worldshaper are being offered so that someone who either doesn't have the other pack, or doesn't want to run it, can make their augment. The Hellfire Crossbow is a great low-level weapon, and is one of the most sought-after weapons at its level. Sure, it doesn't have a huge use at end-game, but that's not the point.

Ultimately, we wanted to strike a balance between offering some of the most popular items over the game's history with not invalidating the hard work people did to acquire things over the years. We also wanted to not eat too much into current raids, nor offer something that would have too much of an impact on the game if "everyone had it", like the Ring of Spell Storing or Mysterious Bauble. For various technical reasons we mostly couldn't include upgraded things, and also liked the idea of some of this stuff perhaps motivating people to go into this older content to upgrade their stuff. Everything had to be Bound to Character on Acquire. And ultimately this is a free gift, so we had to operate under the assumption that anything we put in there could be potentially taken by every player in the game.

We've received some great feedback on this list, and thank you for it. We will look into adding something that would be of use to the folks who "have all of it/don't want any of it", and will look specifically at a few of the items suggested.
    My point was never about the items being no good at End-Game - I don't play much End-Game content and have always argued against the idea that End-Game should be the only consideration!

The problem is that Deleras is such a common pack that vets have insisted newbies buy as early as possible that having Voice on the list is essentially a trap for newbies that will most likely have Deleras long before they get any of the true rare items on that list.
    I'll give you Mantle - Threnal is an almost universally hated pack that is pretty much in the bottom 3 on most vets list of packs to buy - Having it there so people have the chance to make the augment without buying Threnal is a good idea.

Hellfire X-Bow is a decent low level weapon but not great - The reason it's sought after is that there are so few named repeaters of any level and none as low level as this!
    Now RNG has been fixed Hellfire is a pretty weak option and the number of people seeking it out will drop precipitously {the Epic Version also isn't anything to write home about and my Arti is currently using it!}.
    If you're really going to keep it on the list then at least have Steelstar or someone quickly go over it and give it +.5 Wpn and a Red Augment before the 29th?

Is it not possible for you to make Shards BtC if given via this list?
    Possibly just one Shard from each Epic S/S/S Pack:
    Shard of SoS {Please, Pretty Please!}
    Shard of RoSS {People would still have to get the base Ring, the Scroll and the Seal!}
    Shard of Utility Vest {I have this Epicced on all my Rogues/Artis already - It's an amazing item that newbie Rogues/Artis might want to grab the Shard for.}.
    Shard of Midnight Greetings {Don't think Assassins are after this as much now but probably the best Sentinels item to give away a free Shard for}.
    Shard of Luminous Truth {Why not}.

EDIT: Or how about a Universal Shard usable on any S/S/S item in place of the specific item's shard?
    Last edited by FranOhmsford; 02-22-2016 at 12:42 PM.

Boots are okay. The weapons are hard to figure out how they would fit any of my chars. The gloves feel missmatched. Good to find another items with insightful charisma but it doesn't fit melee or caster very well. Shatter? I would never waste a feat to boost that when stun and trip works so much better. I wish it was Vertigo instead - something useful. I would re-design that again so it has a much better theme and fit.
    I would never make those armor. They're in direct competition to Hound and Tempest armor and also TOEE. They'd be better as bracers than armor.

Community Member MaximumCharisma's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post

Why did you want to give any of these items away in the first place? I know how you ended up where you are but why start down this path to begin with? What kind of game gives away complicated to earn rewards for playing it, simply by logging in? Having answered that question, is that the game your playerbase wants? If the answer is no, stop.

I will say that is not the game I want. Not even close. After spending thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours playing, you are telling me in no uncertain terms that this is not an MMO, it's not DnD and it's more of a candy crush zynga hybrid insta-gratification type of a game. Why did you wait for the highly anticipated 10th anniversary to spoil this? It's just plain wrong. This should have been brought up sooner.

I still don't have mantle of the worldshaper, still never made that augment. But I would never even dream of you giving it away. It's one thing to buy an Ottos Box (or 20+ as I have). That is all about convenience for gearing my toons (which btw epic ottos doesn't get me far enough to bother anymore) AND it generates revenue. They aren't bound, so they make neat gifts too. It's another thing to give away these neat and rare items. So the people who never bothered to own your packs, pay your company money, spend the time to learn, make friends in the game, etc. will be rewarded?

Those people would have settled for any random freebies. Again, my mom would be happy with a balloon.

But I have said my piece. I made numerous recommendations in the thread that I started, which you did not reply to. I will link it below because I would rather attribute the lack of reply to anything other than malice.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...rsery-freebies
    Secondlife and Komat of Sarlona

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    Surely giving away loot is the best idea to make new players run those raids. Logic.
    It's a good way to get people to run the anniversary event though. I''m very excited about this loot. Thank you devs, I think this is a great idea...

Feel free to upgrade all the old raids to level 30 later though, so Wizza and other vets who already have everything can be happy too with new items.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    Some people brag about how fast they finished the game. I cant think of a stupider thing to brag about. Or in this game, going from level 1 to level 30 in two days, or however long it takes. I can't even begin to imagine what drives a person to think that is fun. You are ignoring all of the content and options and going for sheer speed. It is like going to a museum and bragging about how fast you made it through. Or bragging about how fast you finished a good steak.

And for what I would prefer, is not giving out the raid loot and put there something interesting instead. Cosmetics/consumables/augments/cool clickies/idc.
    The proposed raid loot IS interesting to many people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    Some people brag about how fast they finished the game. I cant think of a stupider thing to brag about. Or in this game, going from level 1 to level 30 in two days, or however long it takes. I can't even begin to imagine what drives a person to think that is fun. You are ignoring all of the content and options and going for sheer speed. It is like going to a museum and bragging about how fast you made it through. Or bragging about how fast you finished a good steak.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast