Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Community Member

Default 4 Piece Greensteel Set Bonus

So... after extensive testing...

Any 4 shroud accessories give a four piece set bonus to spell critical AND melee critical damage.

The amount of the bonus is determined by how many matching accessories you are wearing, ex. 3 dominion and 1 escalation would give the 4 piece set bonus, BUT the amount of the bonus would be determined as if you were wearing 3, due to only the 3 dominions matching.

With 3 tier 3 opposition and 1 tier 1 opposition you are getting 25% spell critical damage and 11% melee critical damage, along with 26% maximum hitpoints. With 3 Tier 3 opposition and 1 tier 3 escalation you are getting 23% spell critical damage and 10% melee critical damage, with no set bonus. With 3 tier 3 dominions and 1 tier 3 escalations you are getting 26% maximum SP with 23% spell critical damage and 11% melee critical damage.

Enjoy the info guys!

Last edited by kalaka; 01-11-2016 at 11:36 AM.

Thank you!
    Bought my first dungeon master's guide in 1992. My favourite part of ddo is coffee and slayers

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Open Guild for All Founder - Hardcore

Woot and ty for the effort!

Let's try to get this on ddo wiki sometime, thanks.

tyty

Quote Originally Posted by kalaka View Post

Any 4 shroud accessories give a four piece set bonus to spell critical AND melee critical damage.

The amount of the bonus is determined by how many matching accessories you are wearing, ex. 3 dominion and 1 escalation would give the 4 piece set bonus, BUT the amount of the bonus would be determined as if you were wearing 3, due to only the 3 dominions matching.

With 3 tier 3 opposition and 1 tier 1 opposition you are getting 25% spell critical damage and 11% melee critical damage, along with 26% maximum hitpoints. With 3 Tier 3 opposition and 1 tier 3 escalation you are getting 23% spell critical damage and 10% melee critical damage, with no set bonus. With 3 tier 3 dominions and 1 tier 3 escalations you are getting 26% maximum SP with 23% spell critical damage and 11% melee critical damage.

Enjoy the info guys!
    Thanks, could you post a screenshot that shows this?
    Member of Spellswords on Ghallanda

Community Member

Enjoy the info guys!
    Very cool. Can you (or someone) chime in and say if the set bonus stack with the accessory bonuses? In effect, if you have a spell critical damage item equipped is the set bonus additive (25% more to spell crit damage), multiplicative (1.25x accessory bonuses for example), or simply the highest of the two? I also wonder if, in this example, it stacks with Scion of Fire?

Thanks for being the LGS mad scientist!
    Last edited by ssternlight; 01-10-2016 at 07:56 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ssternlight View Post
    Very cool. Can you (or someone) chime in and say if the set bonus stack with the accessory bonuses? In effect, if you have a spell critical damage item equipped is the set bonus additive (25% more to spell crit damage), multiplicative (1.25x accessory bonuses for example), or simply the highest of the two? I also wonder if, in this example, it stacks with Scion of Fire?

Thanks for being the LGS mad scientist!
    Yes to all of the above. They all stack.

Default Questions

When you say "accessories" does that mean equipment only? Or does it mean equipment and weapons?

Thanks for the clarification on your testing!

Enjoy the info guys!
    RTFM, DOOF, and MACHINATION on Khyber. Guild: Toy Soldiers.

Default So....

You've made four items on one toon, got 15000 codex runes already? Took the taint off three and did all this work, which is appreciated, but how did you get 15000 runes so quickly?
    Krylor----Lauralinn----Thorriin----Hunii----Ciinder----Holdiin---- Leader of A Better Place

" You are not only yourself but everyone and everything around you!"

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by RTFM View Post
    When you say "accessories" does that mean equipment only? Or does it mean equipment and weapons?

Thanks for the clarification on your testing!
    weapons have no impact. on this.

Quote Originally Posted by garynash7070 View Post
    You've made four items on one toon, got 15000 codex runes already? Took the taint off three and did all this work, which is appreciated, but how did you get 15000 runes so quickly?
    I'd guess having a lot of alts and using a lot of legendary bypasses helps. U29 should be known as the update of the alts.

I dislike this set bonus thing. It means you have to make several greensteel items and take up several slots (you're going to have to sacrifice SOMETHING), not to mention the ungodly farming of 5k runes, multiple times. And the sad part is, if you DON'T farm for it, your HP, SP, and critical damage will be gimped and fall behind. This almost feels forced upon us, to me. I strongly dislike that.

Quote Originally Posted by HastyPudding View Post
    I'd guess having a lot of alts and using a lot of legendary bypasses helps. U29 should be known as the update of the alts.

I dislike this set bonus thing. It means you have to make several greensteel items and take up several slots (you're going to have to sacrifice SOMETHING), not to mention the ungodly farming of 5k runes, multiple times. And the sad part is, if you DON'T farm for it, your HP, SP, and critical damage will be gimped and fall behind. This almost feels forced upon us, to me. I strongly dislike that.
    And what 4 items are even worth making? I suppose a caster could make several spell crit chance items, but what about everyone else? 4 slots for elemental resistance? 3 slots for saves? meh.

13. 01-10-2016, 11:03 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    It is not like the game is hard or something. Unless you plan to solo LE Shroud, you should be fine without farming a whole set if you feel to be so forced into it
    +1

there are way to many gear and pl monkeys in this game compared to people who just like playing well

we need more content, not relentless balance changes

minus the boomstick....
    (grumbles about a 35min shroud)......

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnbeimnech View Post
    And what 4 items are even worth making? I suppose a caster could make several spell crit chance items, but what about everyone else? 4 slots for elemental resistance? 3 slots for saves? meh.
    Exactly. In order to get this HP bonus (which seems almost mandatory considering how ridiculously hard many LE mobs hit) you need opposition items. Have you SEEN the options for opposition items? There really isn't a whole lot of variety, and it's going to be very demanding on your gear in order to get these set bonuses. You're going to have to sacrifice a lot, and it's going to be a very hard choice, especially considering the, arguably, more important effects are only on LGS weapons, not equipment. Say goodbye to those consolidated items, because there's no room for them with greensteel sets.

It is not like the game is hard or something. Unless you plan to solo LE Shroud, you should be fine without farming a whole set if you feel to be so forced into it
    And miss out on +26% HP bonus? That's practically suicide with the rate at which the game is becoming more challenging, and it's only going to get harder. Without such bonuses your gear is always going to be sub-par, and thus your performance is going to suffer in quests. It's going to be funny with people running around with 1.6k+ HP and you got 900ish at most.

16. 01-10-2016, 11:15 AM

17. 01-10-2016, 11:20 AM

Community Member the_one_dwarfforged's Avatar

i would like to see some screen shots, or some independent verification. with screenshots.

If you say so.
    I do say so. You can say 'nobody is forcing you' all you want, but when it comes down it, not farming for these set bonuses is going to hold you back so far you won't be able to be of any use in newer content. You'd be no better than a pug newbie questing with the top 5%.

20. 01-10-2016, 11:30 AM

Exactly. In order to get this HP bonus (which seems almost mandatory considering how ridiculously hard many LE mobs hit) you need opposition items. Have you SEEN the options for opposition items? There really isn't a whole lot of variety, and it's going to be very demanding on your gear in order to get these set bonuses. You're going to have to sacrifice a lot, and it's going to be a very hard choice, especially considering the, arguably, more important effects are only on LGS weapons, not equipment. Say goodbye to those consolidated items, because there's no room for them with greensteel sets.

And miss out on +26% HP bonus? That's practically suicide with the rate at which the game is becoming more challenging, and it's only going to get harder. Without such bonuses your gear is always going to be sub-par, and thus your performance is going to suffer in quests. It's going to be funny with people running around with 1.6k+ HP and you got 900ish at most.
    How is it exactly mandatory if mobs are going to 1-shot you anyway in LE raids? LE quests, instead, are a joke and not worth farming. Also, I'm not even sure what you wanna put on FOUR accessories. I can see a use for a max of 2 or 3 even but 4? There are nowhere near enough interesting bonuses.

I'm also not sure who you run with. Most of the pugs on argo have over 1k HP, there are only a few casters with below 1k HP.
    Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    I don't think you get a choice.. you are Rys's minion..

...without such bonuses your gear is always going to be sub-par, and thus your performance is going to suffer in quests. It's going to be funny with people running around with 1.6k+ HP and you got 900ish at most.
    Very silly comment.

a. Rys is an excellent player doing endgame achievements on a halfing (an arguably "sub-par" build).
    b. many builds loose dps by slotting greensteel. This looks (so far) as only a benefit to: tanks, warlocks, and shiradi MM spammers.
    c. I have an 18% set bonus on live and, trust me, it's not making my 6:55 second run of "To Curse the Sky" any faster.
    d. You should already have 1100 hp on live---on everything but a DC caster, pure rogue. 30 levels and a lot of ways to get decent HP.
    e. 900*1.26 = 1134
    f. 1600/1.26 = 1269

I think I cleansed that of hyperbole. ^^

I do say so. You can say 'nobody is forcing you' all you want, but when it comes down it, not farming for these set bonuses is going to hold you back so far you won't be able to be of any use in newer content. You'd be no better than a pug newbie questing with the top 5%.
    soooo silly lol

rofl

Community Member

It doesn't take bypasses, alts or time to currently farm broken Shroud.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast