Default Mysterious lever in The Scoundrel's Run

For years I have been ignoring that lever, but now I'm actually curious about it's purpose

It's located near quest entrance and is locked (can't unlock it, can't use it).

Loot Design, S/S/S system, TR Cache Button, The exact trap DCs in EE HH, A guide for DDO-ML, Unknown Heroes: 3rd place, Welcome to Orien: /joinchannel Titan
    Quote Originally Posted by Certon View Post
    This is the most perfect suggestion in the history of suggestions, and it is full of upsides for both players and servers.

i have no idea what that lever is for either, but i know you loot a key in one of the chests that wont work on it.
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

You are the one choosing not to play alts.

Casual player now investing way less than I used to into the game, playing 1-3 months at a time and still want nothing to do with Reaper. #improvepuggrouping#alldifficultiesmatter

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    i have no idea what that lever is for either, but i know you loot a key in one of the chests that wont work on it.
    That key is for the gates to the final piece of the Turtle.

Saves you having to have a hireling {or second player} to turn the valves.

My guess is that the Locked Lever at the start is there strictly for Flavour purposes and is probably meant to be the lever that works the lift you enter and exit by.

Quote Originally Posted by Robai View Post
    For years I have been ignoring that lever, but now I'm actually curious about it's purpose

It's located near quest entrance and is locked (can't unlock it, can't use it).

If some poor soul dies in the earth elemental ambush, and rest of group is locked out, it would seem you could never go through the elementals to get one part, but that lever drops the barriers. I know, just another useless, old quest mechanic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elsbet View Post
    Moved his sense of humor to a new data center, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Lemdog View Post
    If some poor soul dies in the earth elemental ambush, and rest of group is locked out, it would seem you could never go through the elementals to get one part, but that lever drops the barriers. I know, just another useless, old quest mechanic.
    If the above is true then the Devs simply placed that lever in the wrong place!

Because unless you knew that's what it was for there's no way you'd think to use it at that point!

The Earth Elemental fight is a long long way from that lever - Yes you could drop down to it but again there's simply no way players who didn't know that that's what that lever is for would think of it under that circumstance.

have to try to remember that next life. set hire at lever, get locked in and tell it to pull.
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

You are the one choosing not to play alts.

Casual player now investing way less than I used to into the game, playing 1-3 months at a time and still want nothing to do with Reaper. #improvepuggrouping#alldifficultiesmatter

Thanks man! +1

Just tested it:
    - the lever can be used only when elementals are active
    - the lever can't be used after elementals are dead (and the barriers drops after they are dead)
    - you can use that lever many times to deactivate/activate the barriers as long as at least one elemental is alive
    - it doesn't mater if a player is between the two barriers, also doesn't matter if he is alive
    Last edited by Robai; 08-30-2015 at 07:20 AM.
    Loot Design, S/S/S system, TR Cache Button, The exact trap DCs in EE HH, A guide for DDO-ML, Unknown Heroes: 3rd place, Welcome to Orien: /joinchannel Titan
    Quote Originally Posted by Certon View Post
    This is the most perfect suggestion in the history of suggestions, and it is full of upsides for both players and servers.

Community Member

WOW! I have no idea how you could possibly know that /bow
    My main server is Khyber. Have toons in almost every server for favor purposes. The Faltouts