Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

luv it

Quote Originally Posted by pnellesen View Post
    it's probably red dungeon alert from the moment you step in until the moment you finish.

Oh, wait, we already have that...
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by SilkofDrasnia View Post
    They could have called it Shade difficulty....
    You can't go Elite->Shade. They'd need to put at least Chuck Norris difficulty inbetween.

Default just my thoughts

Reaper Difficulty:
    CR x 2
    HP x 4
    DR?/-
    Champ increase +50%
    Loot +?
    Named items -500
    XP first time +150%
    RBB +75%
    Max party size 6 (even for raids)
    HP of brothers in GOP ER = 4

ONLY available to VIP, just to make being VIP worth anything.
    I would have a sig, but Someone might be offended by it so I will just list characters.
    Vicinity, Proximity, and far to many bank toons too list.
    -Sorry to any bank toons that are offended by me not listing mine-
    Ravensguard, Ghallanda

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by lifestaker View Post
    Reaper Difficulty:
    CR x 2
    HP x 4
    DR?/-
    Champ increase +50%
    Loot +?
    Named items -500
    XP first time +150%
    RBB +75%
    Max party size 6 (even for raids)
    HP of brothers in GOP ER = 4

Your ideas are horrible
    Personal d000m level: 83%

Quote Originally Posted by zwiebelring View Post
    Ape_Man does clever trolling nothing more. Don't feed him/her.

Quote Originally Posted by Ape_Man View Post
    Your ideas are horrible
    there use to be a saying about opinions, luckily no one cares.
    I would have a sig, but Someone might be offended by it so I will just list characters.
    Vicinity, Proximity, and far to many bank toons too list.
    -Sorry to any bank toons that are offended by me not listing mine-
    Ravensguard, Ghallanda

Quote Originally Posted by lifestaker View Post
    Reaper Difficulty:
    ...snip...

I really like this idea!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    Insulting the development team is not allowed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jendrak
    Somebody should definitely explain to Turbine that when they roll up a new GM that INT is not dump stat.

So has it been confirmed whether this is a real, coming thing or not? ( and what exactly it is?)

Does this mean champions are going away? please... too annoying at 20+ getting one or two shot by a dual wielding champion is not fun, it's not challenging it's annoying.
    Member of "Guild of the Black Dragons" & "Swords of the Light" on Sarlona. Proud "Last" member of Caffeine - we aint stragicially savy.
    Kilthar-Tharr-Delkanthalus-Carissa-Mirasina-Ktara-Imara-Thistle-Tharissa-Robothar-Minithar-Miriella-Tharnessa-Tharisa

Quote Originally Posted by DANTEIL View Post
    So has it been confirmed whether this is a real, coming thing or not? ( and what exactly it is?)
    I can neither confirm nor deny that we have been discussing the possibility of a Reaper mode with the player's council or that we have been looking into some sort of proof of concept for a new difficulty above elite. Nor are we committing to nor announcing another difficulty level at this time.

Sev~

Xionanx

Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    I can neither confirm nor deny that we have been discussing the possibility of a Reaper mode with the player's council or that we have been looking into some sort of proof of concept for a new difficulty above elite. Nor are we committing to nor announcing another difficulty level at this time.

Sev~
    Which is exactly the same as saying.. "Hey, we are working on a harder difficulty, even though EVERY TIME PLAYERS SUGGEST IT ON THE FORUMS ABOUT 10X AS MANY PLAYERS POINT OUT ITS A BAD IDEA.. because, we don't care".
    Last edited by Xionanx; 07-15-2015 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkofDrasnia View Post
    They could have called it Shade difficulty....

Why? Is there math involved?

Sev~
    Aaaargh!

And there I was thinking this was going to be on Lama from the way people have been talking about it.

If it's close enough that Reaper is mentioned on Lama then why not commit to it?
    If it's only on the drawing board and therefore unlikely for at least the next two updates why not say "There is going to be no new difficulty in the foreseeable future" and stop the rumour mill?

The PC is about ideas and we all know that you sometimes run an idea that has no chance of ever becoming a reality past the PC.

If this is close enough to a reality that it's going to be here in the next update or two then it's probably best to not be coy about it - get it out there so people can get used to the idea!

On the other hand if it's more than two updates away having a rumour going on about it for the next two updates will take away from other things and promote constant arguments so stating that it's not going to happen for at least the near future would be a good idea!

Heck the same goes for a number of hot button topics on these forums:
    - If you know for a fact that DDO isn't going to have any Server Merges in the next 6 months then please say so!
    - If on the other hand the mergers at LotRO will definitely be followed by mergers in DDO it would be best to get the news out early so that Players can make ready for them!

- If you see the seemingly constant talk of server populations being really low and the use of the DDOracle Graphs from last year and you know that those Graphs are wrong then please give us the real numbers!
    - If on the other hand those Graphs are right then again Turbine publishing newer Graphs so we can see how things actually are now would be a good thing!

- If you know the problems with Server Mergers and have solutions to those problems in the event of a necessary merger then please let us know that!
    - If on the other hand you don't have solutions to those problems it would be better for people to know far in advance than to be told with just weeks left before said merger goes ahead!

Yes I've got a bee in my bonnet for Mergers!

Sev~
    please work on making elite back what it once was in terms of difficulty, and remove the bravery streaks from the xp considerations.

better balance the difficulties we have, rather than considering new ones. at the moment elite = hard, hard = easy, everything else is casual.

Quote Originally Posted by Lauf View Post
    at the moment elite = hard, hard = easy, everything else is casual.
    Maybe for you!

And making Elite harder than it is would be a mistake so long as Favour is tied to Elite!

Xionanx

What gets me, is that we keep getting told that X or Y thing is getting pushed back due to lack of time to work on it.. but then time is wasted on something like this.

Community Member

Sev~
    New difficulty would be much appreciated. It's something that what this game needs at level cap.

Whatever player's council might suggest, Sev, please don't forget that DDO has free style combat and this game is not purely balanced. I highly believe that it's important to note that we have many players who can solo EEs at any given time. Some people will use invisibility spell to skip most of the fight or powerful DC casters that will dominate entire EE. We have melees who are very survival and can putup some mindblowing numbers when it comes to DPS. So, I'm very curious how you guys going to balance that new difficulty. It certainly have to be brutal, but not to the point where many builds become nearly useless. I have very interesting idea, but it doesn't matter. I think we should wait patiently untill you guys confirm it 100%. But trust me, we do need new difficulty and it has to be well thought out :/

Quote Originally Posted by Angelic-council View Post
    New difficulty would be much appreciated. It's something that what this game needs at level cap.

Whatever player's council might suggest, Sev, please don't forget that DDO has free style combat and this game is not purely balanced. I highly believe that it's important to note that we have many players who can solo EEs at any given time. Some people will use invisibility spell to skip most of the fight or powerful DC casters that will dominate entire EE. We have melees who are very survival and can putup some mindblowing numbers when it comes to DPS. So, I'm very curious how you guys going to balance that new difficulty. It certainly have to be brutal, but not to the point where many builds become nearly useless. I have very interesting idea, but it doesn't matter. I think we should wait patiently untill you guys confirm it 100%. But trust me, we do need new difficulty and it has to be well thought out :/
    Punish the strong, demolish the weak, leave no place for recovery, create frustration, anger and a feeling of unparable joy upon sucess are steps id suggest thme to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Lauf View Post
    please work on making elite back what it once was in terms of difficulty, and remove the bravery streaks from the xp considerations.

better balance the difficulties we have, rather than considering new ones. at the moment elite = hard, hard = easy, everything else is casual.

I would think the easiest first step would be to remove scaling for elite difficulty. More challenge for solo-duo-three player groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Xionanx View Post
    Which is exactly the same as saying.. "Hey, we are working on a harder difficulty, even though EVERY TIME PLAYERS SUGGEST IT ON THE FORUMS ABOUT 10X AS MANY PLAYERS POINT OUT ITS A BAD IDEA.. because, we don't care".
    I know a huge amount of people who have left this game because of how easy it is.

You are wrong.
    good at business

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast