Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

with haunted halls we have a neck (arguably when upgraded) that gives +4 insightful to con and dex. Any chance of an item for +4 insightful INT and CHA?

You've noted that a few items are not in the loot cabinet, could you give us a list of what is not in the cabinet?

2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Janisis View Post
    Gloves with +2 caster level for arcane spells, a level 20 item effect that hasn't been used since then. Nice to see it finally back. Why only +2 for min lvl 28? Why not something like that for divine spells?
    It's NOT +2 caster levels "for arcane spells", ONLY for Wiz/Sorc spells. Bards, Artificers, Warlocks are out of luck, plus of course all the divine casters.

Devs, can you just change "Arcane Augmentation", not just here, but everywhere (including existing items), to "Spell Augmentation", and make it apply to all spells from all classes?

Or was this and does this continue to be a deliberate design decision that only Wiz/Sorc should be able to get higher Spell Penetration?
    Quote Originally Posted by ProducerRowan View Post
    Our final update of 2014 will extend the level cap to 30, which is intended to be DDO’s “permanent” level cap

2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by HastyPudding View Post
    There's almost no charisma, intelligence, or wisdom insightful items in the higher epic levels, and now you're bringing in yet another stacking bonus type? Why?
    The +2 Quality Wisdom on the helm in particular fails, because there's simply no way to slot it in while keeping other Wisdom & DC bonuses. At best, with you gain only +1 Wisdom, by using a +2 Insightful item or augment instead of a +3 Insightful item, and you still have to give up Diefic Focus to do it, too.

If there were a better selection of items with +3 Insightful (or +11 Enhancement) items, it might be different.

How about just making it a +12 Wisdom or a +4 Insightful Wisdom, and you'll get the same effect of +1 total Wisdom, without introducing yet another type?
    Our final update of 2014 will extend the level cap to 30, which is intended to be DDO’s “permanent” level cap

Not sure they will keep up with repeaters, but Sov. Vorpal on something that, for all intents and purposes, vorpals on a 19 is pretty nifty.
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Community Member

For epic items... lose the infinitesimal +2 obscure bonus to reflex/skill.

Biggest offenders are Insightful bonuses to a single saving throw. If someone cares about saving throw, they are going to slot Parrying / Riposte, which goes up to +6 and affects all saves.

I am not persuaded we need all the new confusing bonuses. Seriously, it's a lot of work to maintain all the templates and categories on DDOwiki to keep with obscure stuff like this. And for what? +2 to MRR?

Some ideas:
    * remove determination/quality reflex save, reuse exceptional reflex from omniscience, or make it straight +15 reflex item
    * remove insightful heal +2, add exceptional wisdom skills +6
    * remove insightful saves, those can probably get you arrested in most states
    * remove +2 obscure MRR. perhaps replace with +25 MRR with the same bonus type as remnants cloak

Quote Originally Posted by Cleanincubus View Post
    Still. For a level 28 item, a FF clickie is lame, when it use to be plentiful on pre-level 10 items years ago. Perhaps as a member of the PC you are privy to more information about this than I am, so maybe the item was worse before this version. But if not, then it's just lame, period (IMO). To me, Feather Fall and Water Breathing items are low level and Korthos items, not end game/near end game items (I consider myself a Casual/Solo player, with little end game play, and pretty much no Raid play). To me it says "What's the most basic effect we could possibly put on an item, to not spend any development time on it, and actually think of something creative." Simply stated, it seems uninspired.
    People constantly complain about FF being a perma-effect; also, at lvl 24+ most people are low on item slots, I doubt most of us bother with switching constantly a lvl 2-10 item, let alone wearing it permanently.

Can Arcane Augmentation affect all arcane spells please? That means bard, artificer (unless you call them infusions and call it a day) and warlock?

and make a divine variant please (not only for clr,fvs also for paladin and rng).

Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post
    It's NOT +2 caster levels "for arcane spells", ONLY for Wiz/Sorc spells. Bards, Artificers, Warlocks are out of luck, plus of course all the divine casters.

Devs, can you just change "Arcane Augmentation", not just here, but everywhere (including existing items), to "Spell Augmentation", and make it apply to all spells from all classes?

Or was this and does this continue to be a deliberate design decision that only Wiz/Sorc should be able to get higher Spell Penetration?
    I dont know, when i loged to lama and there over is currently warlock, i got 2 more caster level item and it raised my blast by 2 and its currently being fired as lv 30 there.
    So what the part of warlocks not getting it does actually apply?
    I also get the spell penetration.
    I assume same aplies for arties and bards, so the only ones really not getting anythign are divines.

But i agree that the item should raise caster level of all spells by 2.
    Every single caster should benefit from it, not only shiradis

2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Skavenaps View Post
    Can Arcane Augmentation affect all arcane spells please? That means bard, artificer (unless you call them infusions and call it a day) and warlock?

and make a divine variant please (not only for clr,fvs also for paladin and rng).
    It would really be much simpler to just make the single power affect all of them. A separate variant might be OK if it was just this one new piece of loot, but what about all the other existing loot with Arcane Augmentation? Are they going to go create separate variants for all of them? Including new recipes for the crafted ones? I doubt it. So even if they have 2 variants for this item, it still doesn't solve the problem.

2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Blackheartox View Post
    I dont know, when i loged to lama and there over is currently warlock, i got 2 more caster level item and it raised my blast by 2 and its currently being fired as lv 30 there.
    So what the part of warlocks not getting it does actually apply?
    I also get the spell penetration.
    I assume same aplies for arties and bards
    The description specifically says Wiz/Sorc spells, and I know prior testing has shown it's any spells that appear on the Wiz/Sorc list, regardless of who is casting them. (E.g., Nightshield or Energy Drain cast by a Cleric, or Finger of Death or Wall of Fire cast by a Druid, etc..)

But if it's actually raising the caster level of spells not on the Wiz/Sorc list, that is news to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackheartox View Post
    But i agree that the item should raise caster level of all spells by 2.
    Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    Thanks for kicking off the discussion while I was away, Uurlock! Yes, there are a few items not in the cabinet yet; a few (like the Handwraps and Rune Arm) are in the quests but not the cabinet, and there are likely a few more coming at some point before Live.

more feedback, cut short to keep the post short
    ok, i retract the sarcasm, we get some QA feedback here!

Steel, might it be wise to make the great axe out of flametouched iron?
    breaking DR X/good is always a problem and it would be a waste of a augment slot
    flametouched iron breaks the dr without adding extra damage (like holy would)
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    I play a guy with a two-hander not just in this game, but in every game that has 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by J-mann View Post
    Not to derail the thread, but then can you make 2hf NOT suck so much compared to 2wf or swf?
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    8 pages in, that train has already sailed. The dead horse is canned into cat food by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxarhamar View Post
    there has been feedback on items with permanent FF that FF was not desired full time & a clicky would be preferable.
    I am too forgetful (and too lazy) to not have FF permanently equipped. That said, I don't care if they put these clickies in the game. I won't use them, but so what? Someone might (and it sounds like some will).
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BigErkyKid View Post
    Description: The arcane archer PrE seems to be designed to work only with bows. However, it is possible to attach its effects to other weapons with much greater rate of fire like shurikens (or crossbows).
    Bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Skavenaps View Post

we don't need more variants, just remove forced "arcane" and have the caster augmentation affect all variants instead of screwing over divine casters...
    Argo: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Jotmon (HC 34/45 , RC 42/42 , IC 12/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 116/158)
    Jotlock (HC 38/45 , RC 25/42 , IC 15/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 75/158)
    Whatthetruck (HC 38/45 , RC 42/42 , IC 15/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 111/158)

Overall the appearances of the loot look quite nice. I was a bit disappointed with the scepter though. I heard we'd get some more force items for the sake of Warlock, but I was hoping it would be on gear instead of weapons. There are many ways to get force critical bonuses on weapons, but only one equipment piece (technically two) in the game (Sages Cuffs, lvls 15 and 26). The scepter definitely saves a lot of farming of Thunderholme to get these effects, but if we could get an equipment-based option too, that would be excellent.

Also as a side note, Sightless' deathblock is still bugged to lower a Palemaster's negative energy healing just like previous items with the effect (Epic Eye of the Beholder & Epic Belt of Thoughtful Remembrance). I have a melee-based PM who was considering this item, but 21% less healing is a major turn-off.

-Jayron

Quote Originally Posted by LevelJ View Post
    Also as a side note, Sightless' deathblock is still bugged to lower a Palemaster's negative energy healing just like previous items with the effect (Epic Eye of the Beholder & Epic Belt of Thoughtful Remembrance). I have a melee-based PM who was considering this item, but 21% less healing is a major turn-off.
    As we said back when those items were new, Deathblock reducing the amount of damage (and subsequently, healing) you get from Negative Energy is working as intended.
    We don't only build for the builds that exist.
    We don't only build for the builds that are good right now.

The fact that some changes are necessary is not diminished by the fact that other necessary changes have not happened yet.

Quote Originally Posted by LevelJ View Post
    Overall the appearances of the loot look quite nice. I was a bit disappointed with the scepter though. I heard we'd get some more force items for the sake of Warlock, but I was hoping it would be on gear instead of weapons. There are many ways to get force critical bonuses on weapons, but only one equipment piece (technically two) in the game (Sages Cuffs, lvls 15 and 26). The scepter definitely saves a lot of farming of Thunderholme to get these effects, but if we could get an equipment-based option too, that would be excellent.

-Jayron
    Steelstar replied to this query last year.. basically said the pale master energy absorption screwover was WAI.

Quote Originally Posted by Portalcat View Post
    The deathblock 6 on the epic eye of the beholder really limits it, because the 18% absorption makes it unusable on a pale master. Given that it's an int +11 wizardry 10 item, it seems like it's meant to be useful to int-based casters, but the a huge subset of them can't use this.
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post5415998

not every item needs to work well for every class.
    To paraphrase from earlier:
    There are INT-based casters who are not Pale Masters, and those can definitely use the absorption.
    came up a few times later..
    Then in March
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...58#post5554658

Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    Added to the list of things to look into.

Sev~

since then a lot of players complaining about it to no avail...

edit: and confirmed again by Steelstar above while composing this post..
    Last edited by JOTMON; 07-13-2015 at 01:12 PM.

As we said back when those items were new, Deathblock reducing the amount of damage (and subsequently, healing) you get from Negative Energy is working as intended.
    maybe in future content you can add some negative energy amplification items with positive energy reduction/light reduction that would be of use to PM and screwover positive healing based players instead.
    kid of sucks that all these desirable items only target PM's with the negative side effect..

Hmmm... while I can't really say too much that hasn't already been said against the items we've seen so far in this pack, I find it a pretty strong letdown that there wasn't a continuation of the Shavarath tradition of "set bonus" items and particularly "class-themed secondary set bonuses". Mostly just seems similar to one-off items like we got from the epicified Orchard. Not a bad thing, but I was hoping for a return to form of the original set magic we got from the original ToD.

Also content pack tie'ing together with weapons. Was hoping for mobs with DR/200 Evil+Magic archons, DR/200 Evil+Cold Iron eladrin, along with the normal needs for silver+good for devils and silver+cold iron for demons. Basically I was looking for content that would make me question Thunderforge t2+ trumps-all-content and maybe some new weapons with DR-breaking properties that make sense to use - and swap through for these conditions. Obviously, augments allow you to get around some of these issues.

Where'z my?

GIANT-BLACK-GREAT-AXE: 6[2D8] damage, extended crit range, metalline, epic evil, epic evil burst, limbchopper, bleeding X, targets hit by Giant-Black-Great-Axe cannot receive healing for 10s, healing amp -50. (crazy artwork style - worth the artists time just on the number of mirrors people would buy to always be shown wielding the crazy axe).
    ^- something evil for chopping on all those self healing goody two-shoes-types, of course it eats some of your incoming healing.

Solar Lance: Quarterstaff 7[1D10] damage, crit profile of Sireth, metalline, epic good, epic good blast, armor piercing 25%, % chance to proc earthquake, -2% unrecoverable fortification.
    ^- the beam of light you wield gives astonishing damage, but also gives the enemy a 2% chance to have a successful critical.

Also... I wanted an explorer area in the archon realm we can see from the floating rock... I don't usually like explorers... but outerplanar ones... nom.
    Casual DDOaholic

Thumbs down

Sarcasm on/

Cool beans, becuase PM wizards are so OP right now in EE content its good to see that we have to make sacrifices on best in slot loot

/sarcasm off
    Main toons: IronThatcher (tank & box breaker for inquisitives), Mehhh (ranger)...pion of HS...zug zug
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesrali View Post
    Go munt your grandma while wearing my freeway mitt!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    I am the dumb.

This is a fair point, and after consideration we're probably going to leave it. There's a perception in some cases that an "unfavorable" effect (for instance, the FF Clicky) makes an item worse because it's taking up the space a "favorable" effect could take instead. That's not the case here - If we did anything, we'd be removing it, not replacing it. Since it's unobtrusive to the item itself if you don't want to use the clicky, and some people want it, we'll probably leave it.

Thanks for the feedback so far, everyone.
    I don't mind extra clickies for flavor, I usually run without FF anyway but if I had a clickie i'd use it... maybe.

Another thought ... leave it as a clickie but give it a dual purpose like the cakes from Festivault.. Azure Sky Jelly Cake Jump + Featherfall isn't much different in strength of a level 28 item, but I'd sure use the clickie more...
    Wait, can you hear it? Is it? The worlds smallest vio..nah... nevermind... it can't be, its too small..

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast