Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    The Hire has to be at BB level or lower btw.

As for Turrets...They count as Misadventure and as someone else has already pointed out Misadventure kills don't count for Rems.
    Point of order: you have to be no more than the adjusted quest level. BB level is always base level +2. However, if you're level 12 running Tempest Spine on hard, you will not be able to produce any remnant drops, though level 11 members of your party will be able to do so.
    Sarlona: Aramzim, Attickus, Behren, Daaghda, Darksyde, Fyggaro, Oldero
    Argonessen: Egyll, Ghrae, Mitrel, Physz, Sanjurow, Schaeleen
    Thelanis: Aarlyss, Eagynn | Ghallanda: Glooming | Khyber: Ghrae

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffWatson View Post
    They changed it so Misadventure kills don't give remnants, which includes summons. Because of Haunted Halls zombies.
    Oh the oh so many things that Turbine fixes by the "easiest possible coding method".

Problem:
    "People bringing in alts after the quest is over and picking up all the remnants"

Solution:
    <What common sense would expect>: Remnants immediately go into your inventory when killing mobs like the scrolls and tokens and fragments already do. (which is what it should have done from the beginning)
    <Turbine's solution>: Put a timer on the remnants to disappear after 3 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by ardknight View Post
    For example, if after you’ve completed a quest you’ve had a total of 10 crowned mobs appear, so you’ve spent the time to kill those mobs/do the quest, and you haven’t cheated or don’t do anything wrong, but only one mob drop any remnants, it leaves me feeling a little cheated.
    This sounds far below what should be happening. Assuming everyone in the party is the correct level, Monster Champions are intended to have a 33% chance to drop chest or remnants (and 66% during Double Remnant events).

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffWatson View Post
    They changed it so Misadventure kills don't give remnants, which includes summons. Because of Haunted Halls zombies.
    This is true, though the primary reason wasn't actually Haunted Hall zombies per se. The main motivating reason for that change was to create chests and remnants where players could more consistently reach them, rather than trying to create "near where the Champion died", which tended more often to be floating in the air, etc. Now remnants and chests are placed near where the killer was - since we know the killer somehow got there in the first place. If the killer isn't a player, it won't create the loot drop (mostly due to technical reasons).
    Last edited by Vargouille; 06-11-2015 at 08:45 AM.

I must be fantastically unlucky with MR drops. I consider them to be as unicorns... I may hear about them, but I never actually see them.
    Exit, pursued by a bear. ~ William Shakespeare (stage direction from The Winter's Tale)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    This sounds far below what should be happening. Assuming everyone in the party is the correct level, Monster Champions are intended to have a 33% chance to drop remnants (and 66% during Double Remnant events).
    It's my experience as well. I only run at level elites in heroic and EE in epics for BB and it's slim pickings, especially in epics (I get roughly double the amount in heroics than I do in epics on a iconic life). I felt like the bonus weekends would be too much to have all the time, 50% better chance of having them drop would feel like the perfect amount.

This sounds far below what should be happening. Assuming everyone in the party is the correct level, Monster Champions are intended to have a 33% chance to drop remnants (and 66% during Double Remnant events).

In my experience this is much much less than 33%. Normal drop rate and bonus days also seem to be around 10% I have noticed on bonus days and in general lately that some individual drops can have a very high number of remnants. I picked up stacks of 69 and 84 on last weekends bonus. I thought the number of remnants droped was what saw a adjustment.
    Percivaul Dusol, BadRandall and Shortpact--The Silver Legion

This sounds far below what should be happening. Assuming everyone in the party is the correct level, Monster Champions are intended to have a 33% chance to drop chest or remnants (and 66% during Double Remnant events).

This is true, though the primary reason wasn't actually Haunted Hall zombies per se. The main motivating reason for that change was to create chests and remnants where players could more consistently reach them, rather than trying to create "near where the Champion died", which tended more often to be floating in the air, etc. Now remnants and chests are placed near where the killer was - since we know the killer somehow got there in the first place. If the killer isn't a player, it won't create the loot drop (mostly due to technical reasons).
    33%

That seems very low to me - altho my experience is that the drop rate is even lower. I'd say one in 5 or 6 would be the normal drop rate, not 1 in 3. All in all, the drop chance it way to low anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    I must be fantastically unlucky with MR drops. I consider them to be as unicorns... I may hear about them, but I never actually see them.
    Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    I don't think you get a choice.. you are Rys's minion..

Ok, wow... Wish I would've caught that memo when(?) it happened. Recently been running a Charmer for ***** & giggles - no wonder I don't see MRs anymore...

Btw, learning this has just sucked a lot of the interesting out of Warlock's Confusion, too...

Edit: Is there a comprehensive list who/what all "Missadventure" encompasses? I'm guessing quest Traps, things like when the Vampire dies at the end of Delera's P4 (and the rest of the room dies), and Summon Spells as well as Charmed/Confused; what about Hirelings? Druid/Arty pets? Flame Turrets (iirc they're considered a summon)? And what else?
    Last edited by PermaBanned; 06-11-2015 at 09:18 AM.
    I would still like to see... Something that tests character versatility and player adaptability rather than character focus strength and quest knowledge.
    I play the quests for the content of the quests not just as an XP/min merry-go-round.
    Actual play experience is worth infinitely more than theorycrafting...

Quote Originally Posted by Jetrule View Post
    In my experience this is much much less than 33%. Normal drop rate and bonus days also seem to be around 10% I have noticed on bonus days and in general lately that some individual drops can have a very high number of remnants. I picked up stacks of 69 and 84 on last weekends bonus. I thought the number of remnants droped was what saw a adjustment.
    Fairly recently (some weeks ago) we did increase the amount of remnants that could be in each drop. That is unrelated to whether or not there is an event running, however. That's just a permanent, ongoing boost.

The drop rate is fine (though I like the bonus double rates better) but it would be better if the amounts were more consistent.
    Have spend most of my time in the TR train between 1-20 since remnants came out and I think I have about 7k now.

My (2) biggest complaints are that you have to stop to pick them up and confirm you want them, and that they the won't all stack in my bag so now I have to keep the overflow in my bank.
    Occasionally they still spawn where you can't pick them up or you have to wait for an enemy to dissipate before you can pick it up. Also, the 3 minutes timer needs to be extended so I don't have to stop during a battle to pick up some coins.

I think I am getting less than 33%, but now that I know the # I can keep track for a few quests and see.
    DC Warlock Reaper Build (U48)
    Max DC Illusionist Reaper Build (U48)

Default Remnants go directly to bag?

Varg,

Any chance that we will see remnants go directly to red bag like we see with twelve fragments?
    Main toons: IronThatcher (tank & box breaker for inquisitives), Mehhh (ranger)...pion of HS...zug zug
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesrali View Post
    Go munt your grandma while wearing my freeway mitt!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    I am the dumb.

Staggering
    Pale Fox

Same here, with event the drop rate is one in ten and even lower when events are off.
    What I've also noticed that even when I'm soloing a quest (no pet, hire, summon or any controlled puppets) I still see a lot of Miss Adventure kills.
    Most probably different guards from items that I'm wearing or something.
    Less probable but it could also be area of effect spells that are centered on me, like an aura.

And chests still spawn in unreachable places, like inside the floor.

Say, wouldn't it be nice if the chest spawned of the champions crown and dropped to the ground?

I know it's been said 1000 times, but auto pickup please. I think I've collected like 10 since day 1. If it's even 10, I doubt it is. Combat moves too fast to stand around after an enemy goes down and wait for them to dissolve, etc. If they dropped for every crown guy it would be easier to remember, but I can't let my play grind to a halt on the off chance that something targettable might or might not be on the ground for that enemy I killed 10 seconds ago and have already forgotten about.

And stop confirming if I want them when I only have a hireling cleric in party.

In fact, make this a game option that can be the equivalent "remember this choice for future" and never ask again unless it is reset in the options.

I don't ever want to share them with someone else, and I hate having to click on on that confirmation in the heat of battle.

But again, more elegant solution is to just drop them in inventory automatically.

Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    Edit: Is there a comprehensive list who/what all "Missadventure" encompasses? I'm guessing quest Traps, things like when the Vampire dies at the end of Delera's P4 (and the rest of the room dies), and Summon Spells as well as Charmed/Confused; what about Hirelings? Druid/Arty pets? Flame Turrets (iirc they're considered a summon)? And what else?
    "Misadventure" seems to imply the result was an accident, or at least unintentional (eg. throwing a fireball at the mob and a few crates get smashed also). Flame turrets are no accident. May be change it to just "Adventure"?
    Thelanis - Pattus M'Bummus, Phezzig, Madhava Manny, Broddi Grumblebeard, Ravensburger

Quote Originally Posted by ardknight View Post
    In the 9 years I’ve been playing DDO I’ve never once thought about leaving a letter of complaint until now.

Normally I’m very happy to tow the lines, pay my DDO dues by running quests over, and over again, to get the gear I want, it’s the nature of the beast and we accept this because that’s the way things are.

However, getting really fed up with the remnant drop rate. For example, if after you’ve completed a quest you’ve had a total of 10 crowned mobs appear, so you’ve spent the time to kill those mobs/do the quest, and you haven’t cheated or don’t do anything wrong, but only one mob drop any remnants, it leaves me feeling a little cheated.

Now if this was an isolated incident I wouldn’t have even thought about this post, but it’s not - come on DDO really... stop messing a long standing dedicated player about.
    Wait, you're getting remnants at least once per quest? Wow, what are you doing differently then me? I've gotten a grand total of 1 remnant drop, and that was on Lam so doesn't really count. And I've fought entire groups of champions. Heck, running some quests on elite I've seen the quest's boss and all his helpers as champions. No remnant drops, no collectables either. Although collectables do drop fairly often.
    Finding ones past, present, and future in the threads of destiny.

Quote Originally Posted by arminius View Post
    I know it's been said 1000 times, but auto pickup please. I think I've collected like 10 since day 1. If it's even 10, I doubt it is. Combat moves too fast to stand around after an enemy goes down and wait for them to dissolve, etc. If they dropped for every crown guy it would be easier to remember, but I can't let my play grind to a halt on the off chance that something targettable might or might not be on the ground for that enemy I killed 10 seconds ago and have already forgotten about.
    q-e is your friend. I can usually scoop them without slowing down.
    Sarlona: Aramzim, Attickus, Behren, Daaghda, Darksyde, Fyggaro, Oldero
    Argonessen: Egyll, Ghrae, Mitrel, Physz, Sanjurow, Schaeleen
    Thelanis: Aarlyss, Eagynn | Ghallanda: Glooming | Khyber: Ghrae

doesn't seem to be 1/3. I rarely see chests anymore from orange names. 1/10 maybe but i'll count.
    Member of "Guild of the Black Dragons" & "Swords of the Light" on Sarlona. Proud "Last" member of Caffeine - we aint stragicially savy.
    Kilthar-Tharr-Delkanthalus-Carissa-Mirasina-Ktara-Imara-Thistle-Tharissa-Robothar-Minithar-Miriella-Tharnessa-Tharisa

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast