Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oxarhamar View Post
    They did not take a straight forward Grindy event and turn it into what we have now.

They created a new event & substituted loot from an old event which has nothing to do with the event at all with the caveat of possible new rewards next time.

If the mimic event had its own unique rewards it would have been much more positively received even with the problems it has. Players wouldn't care as much about a new grind to earn new stuff.
    True.

I think a lot of players on this forum are incredibly selfish. There's a lot of new players that have never had the chance to experience the Mabar event, and this loot substitution I think is a good way to allow the newbs to get some of that gear, as the last Mabar event was cancelled.

So for the Mabar vet, I will say to you "consider that this event is not necessarily for you" and move on.

...J
    Thelanis: HoeLee, Rasminder, Cerinah, Arlinah, Shrenn, Rowkhan, Paladonis - Jakburton's Porkchop Express

Sarlona: Aingell of Death, KimberLee, Soullaris the Divine, Bendyr - The Order of Cygnus

Quote Originally Posted by JamnJD View Post
    True.

I think a lot of players on this forum are incredibly selfish. There's a lot of new players that have never had the chance to experience the Mabar event, and this loot substitution I think is a good way to allow the newbs to get some of that gear, as the last Mabar event was cancelled.

So for the Mabar vet, I will say to you "consider that this event is not necessarily for you" and move on.

...J
    hmm, and what do u think lot of vets will do with cards they dont need? i ll toss mine to guildies who needs them, and imho we ll see people in harbor n market giving them away.

And u really think anniversary celebration is for new players and shouldnt be also for players who are playing this game for several years? Then maybe i got wrong meaning of the word anniversary

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gauthaag View Post
    hmm, and what do u think lot of vets will do with cards they dont need? i ll toss mine to guildies who needs them, and imho we ll see people in harbor n market giving them away.

And u really think anniversary celebration is for new players and shouldnt be also for players who are playing this game for several years? Then maybe i got wrong meaning of the word anniversary
    Fantastic!

Let the newbs have their gear. The rest of us have had plenty of events in the past, anniversary and otherwise.

Think of the poor newbs! (I include casual vets in this category, as in vets that just haven't been able to put in the time)

Who knows, maybe even a few will actually stick around, and you'll have someone to play with *IF* there's another anniversary.

...J
    Thelanis: HoeLee, Rasminder, Cerinah, Arlinah, Shrenn, Rowkhan, Paladonis - Jakburton's Porkchop Express

Sarlona: Aingell of Death, KimberLee, Soullaris the Divine, Bendyr - The Order of Cygnus

Community Manager

When a character enters the world (server) for the first time since the Mimic Hunt has been activated, there is a bit of a pause, then our event system provides the following message to them in their chat panel:

(Dungeon Master): Mimics are breeding out of control. Hunt the Mimics.

However, there is no further World Broadcast to indicate when a Mimic Frenzy has begun. This is not working as intended. We have some ability to tweak the numbers, but the current Mimic Frenzy is unlocked when 2,000 mimics have been defeated on a server, except for Wayfinder, where the number has been reduced to 1,000.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    When a character enters the world (server) for the first time since the Mimic Hunt has been activated, there is a bit of a pause, then our event system provides the following message to them in their chat panel:

However, there is no further World Broadcast to indicate when a Mimic Frenzy has begun. This is not working as intended. We have some ability to tweak the numbers, but the current Mimic Frenzy is unlocked when 2,000 mimics have been defeated on a server, except for Wayfinder, where the number has been reduced to 1,000.
    When I logged in to the sever for the first time after the event went live, I was greeted by crippling lag like none I've experienced on log in before.

I was logged in fully loaded into the world yet could not move & could not use chat for a few minutes. When the lag seamed like it was over I could move, I opened my silver daily roll which took exceedingly long, rolled & closed the daily dice window. About 2 minutes later when I had started questing the sound effect for the daily roll chest opening & rolling played.

Never did the event message display during that play session or any play session after.

**It is my thinking that this lag was the message attempting to display but, failing.

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

Thanks for the info!

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Talon_Dragonsbane View Post
    Devs please consider posting a kill count (like a countdown) somewhere so that players know how much is left before the frenzy. Also please lower Wayfinder kill count since the population on that server is significantly lower.

Thanks in advance for the consideration
    They did for wayfinder. In the other mimic topic Cordovan said the kill count is 2k mimics per frenzy everywhere save wayfinder. They have that down to 1000.

Thanks for the update and information!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123