Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

is mabar back?

Quote Originally Posted by Kylstrem View Post
    The first taste is free...ummm, errrrr... spending countless mind numbing hours farming motes and maybe possibly getting the two IX cards (or a IX and X) to get the free tome.
    It's always worth pointing out that this mind numbing exercise is entirely voluntary. It makes no sense to complain about it and then go back and do it some more. Just do something else instead.

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by TrinityTurtle View Post
    Possibly could have something to do with incentive to actually play the game. You can get one free +5 tome per life for six lives by doing every quest in the game on elite minus four or so which can be on hard (more if you do challenges), no challenges needed. Devs get a lot of complaints to incentivice content. There is an incentive.
    I would say if your doing that it way it should be the maximum tome +6 that would be a real incentive and not to easy and I would say it would have to be all quests challenges don't count at all and I would say 10% could be done on hard.

Beware the Sleepeater

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Blackheartox View Post
    Because you could get 3-4 /some maybe got more but friend got 3 +5 tomes on 1 char as tr/etr would reset the flag status.
    This way you can get only 1 and its a smart move from turbine / you coudl get more with timer resets tho.
    I think he got one then iconic trd and got one then iconics again and got his third.
    Im not sure if etr resets as well
    I can't imagine that the percentage of players who did this could be very high. I vote for this:

Quote Originally Posted by TrinityTurtle View Post
    Possibly could have something to do with incentive to actually play the game. You can get one free +5 tome per life for six lives by doing every quest in the game on elite minus four or so which can be on hard (more if you do challenges), no challenges needed. Devs get a lot of complaints to incentivice content. There is an incentive.

Community Manager

This is not accurate. The +5 Ability Tome from the Mimic Hunt is Bound to Character on Acquire, and each character can get a +5 tome from the event once per Heroic life.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    ...Um, why?

Any Dev out there feeling informative?
    (Or does anyone have a link to where they were?)
    I still have not seen anything definitive either way regarding tomes being one per character or one per account. Even the wiki is unclear:

Quote Originally Posted by Faltout View Post
    Thanks to Faltout for tracking that link down.

It would be great to have a Dev comment on any potential restrictions here, otherwise it is up to the collective brain of the player base to find the answer. Just not sure if I want to grind out another 2000 motes to see if there is a restriction or not.

We have a good thread going here with a fine variety of speculation and insinuation, if someone has any concrete information in this regard it would be very appreciated.
    Start cross server trading and profit!
    Characters: Grandern Marn / Yazmirr Grezztl / Vexir Bristleblade / Zappinaizah Subatrumpf Server: Orien Guild: Faca na Caveira
    New to the Orien server? Type "/joinchannel Titan" into the chat window and join some lively DDO discussion! Happy to help out with any questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    This is not accurate. The +5 Ability Tome from the Mimic Hunt is Bound to Character on Acquire, and each character can get a +5 tome from the event once per Heroic life.
    Is this separate from the old mabar tome limit of one per character?
    Member of "Guild of the Black Dragons" & "Swords of the Light" on Sarlona. Proud "Last" member of Caffeine - we aint stragicially savy.
    Kilthar-Tharr-Delkanthalus-Carissa-Mirasina-Ktara-Imara-Thistle-Tharissa-Robothar-Minithar-Miriella-Tharnessa-Tharisa

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Thar View Post
    Is this separate from the old mabar tome limit of one per character?
    No, nothing has changed in regard to the usage or bind status of the +5 tome as compared to the Mabar festival, other than the means to acquire it.
    Join us on Twitch!

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

Moral of the story. Dont believe everything you read on a wiki....

Its still highly unlikely that folks will even get the proper cards to make a single +5 tome... but at least Jerry cleared up this confusion.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

No, nothing has changed in regard to the usage or bind status of the +5 tome as compared to the Mabar festival, other than the means to acquire it.
    For clarification, does this mean that a character which got one of the tomes from the last Mabar event can use one from the mimic event provided they have done a heroic reincarnation at least once since then?

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by FestusHood View Post
    For clarification, does this mean that a character which got one of the tomes from the last Mabar event can use one from the mimic event provided they have done a heroic reincarnation at least once since then?
    Yes. By "heroic reincarnation" we are talking about a Heroic True Reincarnation, as opposed to a Lesser Reincarnation.
    Join us on Twitch!

Community Member

Oh noes. I gave away a pair of 9s last night. I thought I could only get one per server. Not to fear, I will get more.

So if you are not planning on TR'ing and have a tome from Mabar (and hence probably have all the gear from past mabars if you got the tome) then there is no reason for you to run the new event. not good planning. should be something for everyone (no cosmetic pets dont' count, they cause lag... haha).
    Member of "Guild of the Black Dragons" & "Swords of the Light" on Sarlona. Proud "Last" member of Caffeine - we aint stragicially savy.
    Kilthar-Tharr-Delkanthalus-Carissa-Mirasina-Ktara-Imara-Thistle-Tharissa-Robothar-Minithar-Miriella-Tharnessa-Tharisa

Yes. By "heroic reincarnation" we are talking about a Heroic True Reincarnation, as opposed to a Lesser Reincarnation.
    So, I'm guess Epic Reincarnation doesn't count but Iconic does counts?
    We want more Monster Manuals.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    Moral of the story. Dont believe everything you read on a wiki....

Its still highly unlikely that folks will even get the proper cards to make a single +5 tome... but at least Jerry cleared up this confusion.
    I tracked down the source of confusion:
    When Cru121 added the card combinations, he said in the comment: "From the vault". So I guess don't believe everything you read in the vault.
    09 10 +5 Ability Tome (possibly works ONCE PER ACCOUNT(SERVER?), maybe previously acquired Mabar +5 Tome counts)
    My main server is Khyber. Have toons in almost every server for favor purposes. The Faltouts

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Ovrad View Post
    So, I'm guess Epic Reincarnation doesn't count but Iconic does counts?
    I have not tested the Iconic Reincarnation, but will try to get an answer to that.
    Join us on Twitch!

Community Manager

ALSO: The tome restriction is separate on Mabar and the Mimic Hunt, so if you've already received a +5 Ability Tome from Mabar, you can get one per character life in the Mimic Hunt as well.
    Join us on Twitch!

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    Moral of the story. Dont believe everything you read on a wiki...
    /sigh... ^This^
    But given that the combo table is accurate (at least, I haven't heard otherwaise yet), I had no reason to believe the "*One per Account" was false info.

Thanx Codrovan for clearing it up!
    I would still like to see... Something that tests character versatility and player adaptability rather than character focus strength and quest knowledge.
    I play the quests for the content of the quests not just as an XP/min merry-go-round.
    Actual play experience is worth infinitely more than theorycrafting...

ALSO: The tome restriction is separate on Mabar and the Mimic Hunt, so if you've already received a +5 Ability Tome from Mabar, you can get one per character life in the Mimic Hunt as well.
    Are you completely positive of this? I ask because it's telling me I already claimed my once per ACCOUNT tome from the Mimic Hunt. Atleast it did the other day when I tried to crunch another set of cards for the tomes. When I login later today, I'll screenshot it and bug report it I guess then.

Thanks for the good word Cordovan!
    Start cross server trading and profit!
    Characters: Grandern Marn / Yazmirr Grezztl / Vexir Bristleblade / Zappinaizah Subatrumpf Server: Orien Guild: Faca na Caveira
    New to the Orien server? Type "/joinchannel Titan" into the chat window and join some lively DDO discussion! Happy to help out with any questions.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast