Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Community Manager

Default The Mimic Hunt has arrived!

Now through March 8th! Click here for our guide!
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Is there any chance that you would allow to use the old Anniversary Cards with the new Cruncher? I was gone for about a year I didn't turn in any Anniversary Cards at that time as I thought I could do that later, so I now have a bag full of them. I tried the Hall of Heroes Cruncher with a few Anniversary Cards and got "Eldritch Card Cruncher failure" :|
    "Not Proficient - You're not proficient with your character"

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Am I right to assume that this is instead of a weekend bonus?

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

Here is the wiki http://ddowiki.com/page/Mimic_Hunt so update accordingly if the rewards and turns ins have changed

Talking LOL! Sounds like fun!

I'm looking forward to seeing this! See you in the game!

Community Member

Hey Cordovan,

Is the Mimic Hunt what you folks have planned for the Anniversary Celebration this year?

Or is something else in the works?

Thanks
    Founding Member and Current Leader of Sword And Siren on Cannith
    Main Toons: Cerafim | GrumpyKuss | Thextor | Khrysti | RocHound | Artychoke | Buggzapper

Veni, Vidi, Velcro: I came, I saw, I got stuck

Community Member

Is this a Mabar event replacement and so can I throw all the stuff I farmed away because it's useless? Well I would but it might be in my inaccessible bank thing.
    He left the name, at which the world grew pale.

I've been for few hours alrdy killing mimics, still no mimic frenzy occured on Argo.

What's the treshold ? Is there a way to check the global counter like we had in other events ?
    Polska gildia DDO / Polish guild

Polska gildia DDO - Magia i Miecz (200), Argonnessen
    Zapraszamy!

Default srsly?? why?

with all the bugs and glitches in the game making some of the game awkward and frustrating why are you releasing new special event content.

there was already a huge uproar with champs and how their implementation was handled and now the devs with their infinite wisdom deliver us a pointless event that will once again clutter us all up.. and with these new bagables and the broken bag bank...............

so you guys busted marbar.. i doubt the fix was to costly, if that was/is the case how can the devs deliver to us more festivals?? they cost $$ to code also.

i would rather have a few QUALITY EVENTS that a ton of garb pumped down our throats in the hopes we fall for a zynga marketing ploy to spend more $$$$$.\
    fix the busted things and maybe do a lil more feed back gathering from the membership. im positive if we were polled this event would be something completely different.
    Quote Originally Posted by ianliam View Post
    ( That Awkward moment when you get in the van and realize there's no candy )

Community Member

Default Another epic turbine fail

So this is the replacement for Mabar, that's all fine and dandy but what about all the Mabar stuff we didnt get to turn in because you pulled the plug before the event was scheduled to be over??
    Would it have been too much effort on your part to somehow come up with a way to let us trade our Mabar stuff for mimic stuff......... just to stop us from feeling like we've been stiffed again?... or isnt our time as valuable as your time is.

How quickly those who depend on us for their livelihood begin to look down at the unwashed masses and deem them unimportant

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by gravisrs View Post
    I've been for few hours alrdy killing mimics, still no mimic frenzy occured on Argo.

What's the treshold ? Is there a way to check the global counter like we had in other events ?
    We don't have a global counter in the same vein as Crystal Cove, but do have world broadcasts that are made as the server gets close to the Mimic Frenzy.

Quote Originally Posted by donblas View Post
    Is this a Mabar event replacement and so can I throw all the stuff I farmed away because it's useless? Well I would but it might be in my inaccessible bank thing.
    I would not recommend getting rid of any old event ingredients, but do not know our future plans for old Mabar ingredients. When we know more, we will let people know.

Quote Originally Posted by WanderingGrump View Post
    Hey Cordovan,

Is the Mimic Hunt what you folks have planned for the Anniversary Celebration this year?

Or is something else in the works?

Thanks
    Update 25 is coming out after the formal anniversary date, but the Mimic Hunt is this weekend's bonus. The event continues through March 8th, and we will have an additional bonus next weekend as well.

If you are interested, I will be hanging out on our livestream for most of the workday tomorrow over at Twitch.tv/DDOstream, questing, doing a few giveaways, chatting with folks, having people stop by to say hello, etc.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Default mimic repellent

How about champion repellent- solves the problem of people not liking champions.
    (Combat): You are hit by your knockdown.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Do slaryer areas count not seeing them in sands

Community Member

Default Lame...

Ok, so I went out and ground this event a little bit on purpose, and my overall reaction is...LAME. I don't like it for the following reasons:

1. This is supposed to replace Mabar. Mabar was for Halloween. Setting aside the fact that it's the wrong time of year, this feels nothing like Halloween. The Mabar event was all skeletons, pumpkins, vampires, zombies, etc, etc. It cried Halloween. That's a big part of what made it fun.
    2. This is why I loved Mabar (setting aside lag issues): There was only a tiny bit of luck involved. Most of it was work. If you went out and did your farming, you were ASSURED to get the item that you were after. That's what you need when it comes to an event that's TIMED. Randomization is fine for stuff that's going year round because players can run whatever 20 times, take a break for six months, go back, whatever, but when it comes to a limited-time event where players have to go out and kill stuff to get the event trade-in stuff...this is awful. I could go out and grind, grind, grind until I get 100 of those silly cards and NEVER get what I need because it's completely chance, and good luck trying to trade with people for cards that can get you the +5 tome or other actually worthwhile items.

You wouldn't randomize CC rewards, would you? No, because people would hate it if they did all that work only to get useless **** at the end. Well, this is the same deal. Players who really want this stuff HATE that they could work for hours and hours to get what they want and then have it all be wasted because the event ends, and the random generator never spit out the right cards.

Let players choose the cards they want, and make the higher ones cost more motes. That would get a lot more people excited and participating.

PS: (Later edit). I remembered Risia. 1) Risia recipes are auctionable, but 2) The effects from Risia are found on random loot-gen items. Being able to put them on an item of your choice is nice, but you're not SOL on getting that effect if you miss Risia because you can find those effects all over the place. That's not the case here. Ok, now I'm done.
    Last edited by Kristii; 02-26-2015 at 03:24 PM.

While I appreciate the event (it cost us nothing, other than the opportunity cost of Mabar), I do not like the random nature of the drops, and wish the motes/cards could be more farmable/predictable.

Community Member

Unhappy yuck

more ingredients. please stop

more random rewards. please stop

more unknown card crunching results. please stop

i do not like more ingredient clutter for random rewards that are combined in unknown combinations. what part of this was supposed to be fun?

please stop calling these events our "weekend bonus"

Default Yet another fail

Let me summarize the happenings of only THIS week
    * server shut down
    * Fighter vanguard crippled -> server shut down again
    * Bag deposit box closed with no withraw option -> Thousands of players are let down without warning, with unknown ETA on a fix (yes, I know the reason, still would it harm that much if you had told us a few days early ?)
    * then this ... event intruduced, which is :
    - not tested on Lamannia for more than 24 hours (or even less)
    - no **** was given regarding player feedback
    - *copy-paste all the negatives here which have been already posted I wish not to repeat them, all of them are true*

** bonus : now you're offering us to buy 12+3 month VIP. LoL. Why ? Do we really look that dumb ?

To be informative : 6 hours of playing, mostly EE content and a sum of 6 notes dropped. Not even enough for 1 card. You call this an eventt ?
    -- CANNITH --
    -- Officer of Csodaszarvas --
    Hulligan / Hegyomlas / Ithril

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by attacktrice View Post
    Do slaryer areas count not seeing them in sands
    Dose ransack included in them

Quote Originally Posted by Powerhungry View Post
    How about champion repellent- solves the problem of people not liking champions.
    Its already implemented:
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

Maybe they should do like some of the old Final Fantasy games. You could earn or craft an item that reduced/eliminated the number of monsters that you came across while in the world. Make it an item that can be farmed only on elite status or made from the mysterious remnants
    Cannith - Falconsbane(8 - 3rd life), NeedOil (14), NeedMead, Needfood, hobbitarcher(5)
    Sarlona - Zebidiahh (19.8), Anotherpers(20), Smurgh(16), Falconsbane(14), Needoil(15)
    The first rule of the trashcan guild is expect to die...
    There is no second rule.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast