Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Hero
    2015 Movember Hero

Quote Originally Posted by SirShen View Post
    When you drink a mimic store potion you NEED to show some form of an icon in my buffs, we are going to pay money for these and as it stands i cant tell if i have drunk a potion or not.

Also if someone has the anti-mimic buff and they are in a group does that mean that you get no mimic because if so thats going to make alot of players solo.
    I can't tell if there is an icon in the buff bar at the top (it's too full), but if you hit F1 and then press 'z' you'll see whether you have it or not. It's the standard exclamation icon with the text "You smell delicious ...to a mimic."

It'd be nice if the mimic bait stood out some other way. Didn't the buffs from Cove and Mabar potions show up just below the buff bar?

EDIT: ninja'd by a dev
    Last edited by Marupal; 01-21-2015 at 04:31 PM.

Hero
    2015 Movember Hero

Quote Originally Posted by NoWorries View Post
    The Mimic Bait is not currently working. ...
    If that's the case, I'm liking how often the mimics are showing up. Was concerned they were going to be rarer.

Quote Originally Posted by Grosbeak07 View Post
    Basically any chest in a dungeon can be a mimic (even non-loot ones and champion chests). Mimics drop motes, which you need 10 of, to turn in for a card in the Hall of Heroes, 2 cards combined = item.

I didn't use the bait, but it wasn't that hard to get 10 motes for a card. You can also run things over level and get them (I farmed low level stuff like Havadasher etc. with a level 28 and they still spawned and dropped motes).

But once again we have ingredients and cards, won't be long after this goes live before you can buy thousands of motes on the ASAH, if the past is any indication.
    Are these new Motes or can we use motes for the graveyard event if we still have em?
    Wait, can you hear it? Is it? The worlds smallest vio..nah... nevermind... it can't be, its too small..

The Mimic Bait is not currently working. We are aware of that and are working on a fix internally. When it does work, there is in fact an icon that will appear while it is active.Both the Mimic Bait and Mimic Repellent only apply to the person who has them active. The effects do not carry over to other members of a group.
    Thank you for the heads up!

Quote Originally Posted by Zzevel View Post
    Are these new Motes or can we use motes for the graveyard event if we still have em?
    new motes - and so far cannot use motes of night for anything except virtual TP (that's toilet paper)

I would like to see the mimics drop motes based on CR. The mimics appearing in epic content are way higher CR than the ones appearing in low level content but all of the mimics only give 1 mote no matter how high their cr is. Currently its way better to farm low level quests with more chests for motes then to run epic content for motes. Maybe make the epic mimics drop 5 motes or 2d6 motes instead of just 1. It needs something to make looting epic chests worth it compared to low level chests.
    Server: Orien
    Guild: Over Raided
    Toons: Phasma - Swashbuckler ; Ceroni - Acrobat ; Selina Air Savant ; Cachin - Artificer

Hero
    2015 Movember Hero

Quote Originally Posted by UurlockYgmeov View Post
    new motes - and so far cannot use motes of night for anything except virtual TP (that's toilet paper)
    There was some talk in the Producer's letter about a possible event for halloween this year. I'm not tossing my Mabar stuff yet.

Default Drop Rate is Poor

Okay after three hours of playing on Lamannia with a test character and hitting approximately 250 chests I have collected 5 motes.

Yes siree that is 2%, that cannot be working as intended.

Level 7 character - ransacked Havadasher, Irestone Inlet, Miller's Debt and Kobold's New Ringleader plus many other quests.

Does Quest/Chest Ransack play into whether or not we get a mimic?

The Twilight Avengers are always recruiting - http://twilightavengersofeberron.yuku.com/topic/655

Quote Originally Posted by Marupal View Post
    There was some talk in the Producer's letter about a possible event for halloween this year. I'm not tossing my Mabar stuff yet.
    neither am I - am a known packrat..

agree on the # of motes scaling to meet CR.

Also - mimic bait - per chest... or another that raises the chance that lasts for an hour and pauses in public --- and have jewels of fortune also act as mimic bait (increases % of mimic appearing)

Community Member

The Mimic Bait is not currently working. We are aware of that and are working on a fix internally. When it does work, there is in fact an icon that will appear while it is active.Both the Mimic Bait and Mimic Repellent only apply to the person who has them active. The effects do not carry over to other members of a group.
    lol. well...guess i cant "enjoy" the event then. explains why i cant seem to get a chest to turn into a mimic after the first 2 that did. ran irestone inlet til im ransacked. just first 2 chests in first run mimced...after that...nothing...so i got a whopping 2 motes.

First,
    no notes? Common man!

Second,
    watched the preview video (something about Xnumber of mimics killed server wide = "all chests are mimics for 15 minutes". This will cause the same nonsense lag issues we have experienced with Crystal Cove & Mabar opening. If the initial server wide change to spawn mimics 100% of the time does not bog us down it will be the mass number of players Zerg farming lowbie quests with many chests over and over opening instances at a rapid pace that lags the servers down.

Why do we keep getting these lame lag creation events. Do the developers not learn from these timed opening of instance events where the server is flooded with activity upon the "open phase"

Third, more cards? You can't be serious are all the duping exploit loopholes cleared up?

Quote Originally Posted by UurlockYgmeov View Post
    think he is talking about these - from the DDO Store:

Not ANOTHER currency - I thought Astral Shards were the new currency - and have been trading on the black market (ASAH) hard core to gather enough.

No, this is from LotRO not DDO this has happened before.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxarhamar View Post

Third, more cards? You can't be serious are all the duping exploit loopholes cleared up?
    I'm betting/guessing that they finally started affixing a code into the items internally. If someone makes a copy of the item, the game will detect the duplication and either delete the offending item - or better yet, delete the offending account.

At least, that's how I'd dream it up if I was asleep.

Updating my Llama to go Mimic hunting has become a temptation.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    Collectibles

Community Member

the mimic chest in the test dojo is it suppose to give motes?

regards Davy
    Last edited by dcbbeets; 01-22-2015 at 10:28 AM.

World Designer

Quote Originally Posted by GoldyGopher View Post
    Okay after three hours of playing on Lamannia with a test character and hitting approximately 250 chests I have collected 5 motes. Yes siree that is 2%, that cannot be working as intended.
    You did get a bit unlucky there.

The chance of getting a mimic out of a chest increases and decreases depending on your success. Finding one lowers your chance for the next time, not finding one raises it.

Other things that help find mimics/collect motes are that everyone gets a token from a mimic. So grouping can benefit players greatly, especially when someone has mimic bait (once it is working properly). Also, once enough mimics are killed by the server, the chance for getting a mimic goes up to 100% for a period of time, which should give a good influx of motes.

any word on what you get from turn-ins?

Default Mimic event

Ran four quests 20 chest got 4 motes not sure if it is worth it also a continues lag defently it was not worth it did not matter what quest i was in lagged in all four.

Both the Mimic Bait and Mimic Repellent only apply to the person who has them active. The effects do not carry over to other members of a group.
    So grouping can benefit players greatly, especially when someone has mimic bait (once it is working properly).
    So these two quotes seem contradictory.

World Designer

Quote Originally Posted by DANTEIL View Post
    So these two quotes seem contradictory.
    The effect of mimic bait/repellent does not apply to other members of a group.

When a mimic shows up and is killed, all members of a group get a mote. So if 1 group member is using bait and is the person who opens the chest. A mimic will spawn and all group members will end up with a token.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

The effect of mimic bait/repellent does not apply to other members of a group.

When a mimic shows up and is killed, all members of a group get a mote. So if 1 group member is using bait and is the person who opens the chest. A mimic will spawn and all group members will end up with a token.
    This sounds like a recipe for all sorts of griefing and arguing in PUGs about who opens a chest.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast