Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Do these Amenity Deeds show up only in End Reward lists for certain Quest level? or Difficulties? And are they only for the plat Amenities or the AS amenities also? Do we know this yet?

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by DANTEIL View Post
    Do these Amenity Deeds show up only in End Reward lists for certain Quest level? or Difficulties? And are they only for the plat Amenities or the AS amenities also? Do we know this yet?
    I'm curious if this will allow you to use an amenity that is higher level than you can buy yet.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    I'm curious if this will allow you to use an amenity that is higher level than you can buy yet.
    Likely store, but not apply.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    Deeds are inventory items that can be used by anyone in a guild to add the corresponding amenity to the guild's inventory. This won't make it automatically show up on the airship, as an officer would still need to actually place the amenity on a hookpoint.

If you use a deed for an amenity your guild already has, the deed won't be consumed and remains in your inventory.
    Are they going to be bound in any way?
    We want more Monster Manuals.

Quote Originally Posted by Ovrad View Post
    Are they going to be bound in any way?
    I guess not, else they wouldn't be tradable. Even if bound to account, you can't send such character' item to another character on the same server under the same account via the mail system (example any deconstructed or crafted item), so if the system is "consistent" these deeds shouldn't be bound in any way.
    Last edited by HawkFest; 07-08-2014 at 12:03 PM.

Community Member

Default exactly that was the issue, yeah

Quote Originally Posted by Pandir View Post
    Hmm am I assuming correctly that if you used the amenities on a different guild ship than yours it would use your own guild level for the duration ? Or is there a deeper meaning to this ?
    Yes, that was exactly the issue. Imagine how bad it was for unguilded characters, as they lost the buffs almost immediately! Also fixing the bug where some effects were dispelled by beholders.

Deeds are inventory items that can be used by anyone in a guild to add the corresponding amenity to the guild's inventory. This won't make it automatically show up on the airship, as an officer would still need to actually place the amenity on a hookpoint.

If you use a deed for an amenity your guild already has, the deed won't be consumed and remains in your inventory.
    Will there be deeds for upgraded tiers of certain Amenities? For example, Will there be deeds for all upgrades of Grand Reliquary, or any of the others that need to be upgraded? If so, will you need a deed for each upgrade, or if you have the highest tier upgrade deed, can you use that to have the fully upgraded version, even if you only have tier 1?
    Last edited by rosedarkthorn; 07-08-2014 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rosedarkthorn View Post
    Will there be deeds for upgraded tiers of certain Amenities? For example, Will there be deeds for all upgrades of Grand Reliquary, or any of the others that need to be upgraded? If so, will you need a deed for each upgrade, or if you have the highest tier upgrade deed, can you use that to have the fully upgraded version, even if you only have tier 1?
    It looks like they are tied with the level of the Guild/airship, not the PC character tiers who's receiving the deed if that's what you meant. It's the effects that are tied with the character's level obtaining the buff aftter activating the guyzmo already installed on the ship.

Two quotes from DDO's Wiki:
    • New Airship Amenities were supposed to be dropping in chests. However, upon initial release of U22, it is bugged and only available as a purchase. To compensate this fact, they delayed their plan of making pre-U22 amenities unavailable for foreseeable future.
    • New guild storage is also bugged.
    They don't say they can be obtained as end rewards though. If someone actually got one of these as a reweard, please manifest yourself...
    Last edited by HawkFest; 07-08-2014 at 04:15 PM.

Community Member

Or possibly upgraded by finding multiple copies of the same deed (i.e a generic experiance shrine deed that will either grant the shrine if none is present or upgrade a shrine that isn't fully upgraded by one tier if one is present). Personally, I would prefer this to having to find a specific upgrade level deed, but can understand why Turbine might like it better the other way.

The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council
    2017-2021 PC Member

Quote Originally Posted by HawkFest View Post
    It looks like they are tied with the level of the Guild/airship, not the PC character tiers who's receiving the deed if that's what you meant. It's the effects that are tied with the character's level obtaining the buff aftter activating the guyzmo already installed on the ship..
    But some of the amenities themselves are tiered - specifically, the XP shrines and the resist shrines (the higher levels give a flat-rate absorption as well as the character-level-driven resist), and I think that's what he was asking about - will Shrine of Experience V be dropping, and if so, are we going to be needing to acquire I-IV first, or can we just get the V and use it?

MY question is, will the legacy buffs continue to be able to be purchased?
    "Ignorance killed the cat, sir; curiosity was framed."
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

Community Member

Default good point raised on the upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by LrdSlvrhnd View Post
    But some of the amenities themselves are tiered - specifically, the XP shrines and the resist shrines (the higher levels give a flat-rate absorption as well as the character-level-driven resist), and I think that's what he was asking about - will Shrine of Experience V be dropping, and if so, are we going to be needing to acquire I-IV first, or can we just get the V and use it?

good point being raised on how upgrades are going to work with these deeds. I guess it would mean specific deeds for the upgrades? Are you guys going to tell us where what deeds drop or do we figure that out on our own (just hope we won't be getting a missing priest torch situation).

As far as it is relevant, in the build up on Lamannia the legacy buffs can still be purchased.

Community Member

I'd like to know that too actually but i expect them to work like upgrade tomes in that regard.

The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council
    2017-2021 PC Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pandir View Post
    I'd like to know that too actually but i expect them to work like upgrade tomes in that regard.
    Me too... I really hope not, though. I'd hate to get, say, Shrine of Experience IV, and not be able to use it because I haven't picked up I, II, or III yet. That's maybe alright for largr guilds with dozens or even hundreds of people running stuff, but my small guild with only three active players simply won't get the chances to get stuff.

I hope it's either more like regular tomes where you can just emplace a Shrine of Experience IV at any time, or generic ("This Shrine of Experience Deed can be used to give your guild a 1% Shrine of Experience or, if you already have a Shrine of Experience, improve your current one by an additional 1%, up to 5%") I'd prefer the straight emplacement, I'd settle for the generic 1% upgrade, I'd purely hate the 1%/1-2%/2-3%/3-4%/4-5% path that requires everything.
    "Ignorance killed the cat, sir; curiosity was framed."
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

You guys are way more optimistic than I am.

My assumption is that airship amenities, at least the "astral shard only" ones, will drop in quests at essentially the same rate as ioun stones.

I don't expect to ever pull a single shard-only amenity on any character, much like I've never once pulled an ioun stone outside of DD chain rewards.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by HawkFest View Post
    It looks like they are tied with the level of the Guild/airship, not the PC character tiers who's receiving the deed if that's what you meant. It's the effects that are tied with the character's level obtaining the buff aftter activating the guyzmo already installed on the ship.

Two quotes from DDO's Wiki:
    • New Airship Amenities were supposed to be dropping in chests. However, upon initial release of U22, it is bugged and only available as a purchase. To compensate this fact, they delayed their plan of making pre-U22 amenities unavailable for foreseeable future.
    • New guild storage is also bugged.
    They don't say they can be obtained as end rewards though. If someone actually got one of these as a reweard, please manifest yourself...

I'm going to assume by this post you didn't read the entire thread. Here is your fail cookie.

As per the Lammania patch notes for the upcoming 22.2 update:

Airship Amenity Deeds can now appear in quest arc End Reward lists.

Quote Originally Posted by DANTEIL View Post
    These specifically include deeds that are normally purchasable with Astral Shards.

You'll need to get each tier along the way (whether through deeds or purchase).

We currently expect cargo hold contracts to continue to be available until Update 23 at least.

Quote Originally Posted by SgtSarros View Post
    Airship Amenity Deeds can now appear in quest arc End Reward lists.
    Correct.

We currently expect cargo hold contracts to continue to be available until Update 23 at least.

Correct.
    Why are they going away? People love them
    good at business

These specifically include deeds that are normally purchasable with Astral Shards.

You'll need to get each tier along the way (whether through deeds or purchase).

Correct.

Are there any plans when cargo hold contracts are no longer available to populate to cargohold?

Also any plans to populate the deck? I miss my banker/mailbox/tavern/& auctioneer on the top deck.
    Main toons: IronThatcher (tank & box breaker for inquisitives), Mehhh (ranger)...pion of HS...zug zug
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesrali View Post
    Go munt your grandma while wearing my freeway mitt!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    I am the dumb.

When you do remove cargo hold buffs, please consider leaving the convenience amenities (ah, tavern, bank, mail) for purchase in the cargo hold. The cargo hold is the only place you can restore your clickies (like the PLIS, which can take up to four recharges to get back to 50) while you're checking the ah, reading mail, and messing with your bank.

The new amenities, even when they're fixed to have a real tavern area, won't allow you to do this unless the tavern area they throw out is huge.

Alternately, have the new-style tavern amenities grant tavern area status to the entire floor of the ship it's on. That way I can recharge my PLIS while hanging out in the orien express area. (Or whatever it's called.)

Note: This behavior of doing other stuff while recharging clickies was available on the old-style ships. It would be a shame if the new-style ships were such a marked downgrade in quality of life.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by jakeelala View Post
    Why are they going away? People love them
    Honestly, I will be glad to see them go. The sooner the better. I love not having to deal with those stupid rental contracts.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast