Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    The Hatchery
    2014 & 2016 DDO Players Council

This is a very nasty price setting for the smaller guilds.
    DDO: If a problem cannot be solved by the application of DPS, you're not applying enough.

Community Member

Does anyone know if older shrines will still be available? I have heard different things.

Quote Originally Posted by Katie_Seaglen View Post
    Does anyone know if older shrines will still be available? I have heard different things.
    The old amenities will remain available with the launch of Update 22. They'll stop being available eventually, but that won't happen before all new amenities are dropping in loot or available for plat.

Community Member rikkitikkitarvi's Avatar

Question

Do you have to purchase the Dojo, Armory, Archery, and tactical before you can by Proving Ground?

Each one bought separately would be 510K PP total, where as the Proving ground is 170K PP. It is considerably cheaper to by the large combined one as long as you don't have to by the individual ones first.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Amenities not dropping in chests until patch is a bug, not a conspiracy theory.
    Who said anything about conspiracy theories?

THE FACT is that we now see the RIDICULOUS PRICING for AS amenities and at the same time you specifically state that they will not be appearing in chest when U22 goes live. That is not a theory of any sort it is cold hard facts plain and simple, whether it is a bug or not we will never truly know since we will only get some ******** corporate answer like the above. Let's just say that your answer is perfectly prediciatable and what we, the players, have come to expect from Turbine.

I was looking forward to U22 in a big way with the new airships and stuff but so much of it all seems so backwards it's beyond a joke.

Stoner81.

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stoner81 View Post
    Who said anything about conspiracy theories?

THE FACT is that we now see the RIDICULOUS PRICING for AS amenities and at the same time you specifically state that they will not be appearing in chest when U22 goes live. That is not a theory of any sort it is cold hard facts plain and simple, whether it is a bug or not we will never truly know since we will only get some ******** corporate answer like the above. Let's just say that your answer is perfectly prediciatable and what we, the players, have come to expect from Turbine.

I was looking forward to U22 in a big way with the new airships and stuff but so much of it all seems so backwards it's beyond a joke.

Stoner81.
    You don't see these things on live, so they are not set in stone, so complaining about it only detracts the opening of test servers.

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rikkitikkitarvi View Post
    Do you have to purchase the Dojo, Armory, Archery, and tactical before you can by Proving Ground?

Each one bought separately would be 510K PP total, where as the Proving ground is 170K PP. It is considerably cheaper to by the large combined one as long as you don't have to by the individual ones first.
    What are the level requirements? For a lot of old guilds, it will be an obvious buy the combo amenity to save space. However, younger, smaller and therefore lower levelled guilds have to get the other ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Seikojin View Post
    You don't see these things on live, so they are not set in stone, so complaining about it only detracts the opening of test servers.
    Yea, 4.2k covs for epic heart was not set in stone either, good thing they lowered it.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    still not convinced that this is a bug
    me neither. It's rather like the ships and its amenities are the new cash cow and a small bug, that is announced but unfortunately can't be fixed any time soon, will increase the sales dramatically... The prices also explain why ships were announced so heavily, putting so much effort into design... While... people asked for bug fixing and more epic content.

I'm tired of Turbine grabbing deeper and deeper into the player's pockets. How about releasing more and better content instead?
    Last edited by Derana; 06-06-2014 at 06:17 PM.

Completionists: Heroic 42/42, Epic 36/36, "Iconic" 15/15

well - this probably means that the update is now (or very soon (Monday)) Code Locked and on track to deploy the 16th of June.

With that being said - would be nice if the Dev's gave us a list of what where etc. (What will drop where) so we as a community can start planning. We love to plan. Heck we plan to plan to have a plan before we start having a plan! ;p

Even if that list is subject to change (it always will be).

And yes, 4200 CoV's ...

On the topic of CoV's - just have them drop in place of fragments of the twelve (not tokens) - and autogrant them and quest completion like challenge mats. Simple. Efficient. Can't cheat. Guild renown gets back on track.

Quote Originally Posted by Seikojin View Post
    What happens on Lamma goes live generally speaking (CoV's as others have mentioned), as for complaining... **** straight I will complain! The current costs are a god **** joke and a slap in the face to the players as far as I'm concerned, the whole thing stinks worse than a rotting skunk left out in the sun for 3 weeks. It is a hell of a lot of shards which is all fine and dandy for large guilds with lots of players but for smaller guilds it's a mountain that can never be conquered without spending a small fortune on TP to then convert in to AS.

If they changed it so that the 5% XP shrine cost AS (say 395 or something higher, just pulling random numbers) and did similar things with the others then that I would understand and get behind since Turbine are in it to make money, of that I have no issue in of itself. What I take issue with is the fact (unless things change which is doubtful to say the least) that this is a blatant cash grab by shafting anybody and everybody they can! Seriously nearly 9,000 AS for all the AS buffs get a frickin' grip Turbine!

Stoner81.

It can be difficult to compare buying vs. renting.

Over a two year period 1500 AS is about 15 AS/week for the XP. In a 15 person guild that's 1 AS per week per person.

If the convenience of the new xp shrine isn't worth it you always have the option of stocking up on plat 5% xp shrines while you wait for one to drop. Even though it's the most expensive buff it will probably be the first thing I buy assuming the timer bug is worked out before they go live.
    DC Warlock Reaper Build (U48)
    Max DC Illusionist Reaper Build (U48)

Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post

Over a two year period 1500 AS is about 15 AS/week for the XP. In a 15 person guild that's 1 AS per week per person.

If the convenience of the new xp shrine isn't worth it you always have the option of stocking up on plat 5% xp shrines while you wait for one to drop. Even though it's the most expensive buff it will probably be the first thing I buy assuming the timer bug is worked out before they go live.
    Which would be the plan, if this lovely "bug" wasn't appearing just at the right time for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    I don't think you get a choice.. you are Rys's minion..

Default Who's driving this flying umbrella?

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Amenities not dropping in chests until patch is a bug, not a conspiracy theory.
    you guys are full of ship... (See what I did there!!! )

This goes back to the old arguments that you have been full of epic fail on time and time again in the past.

Offer wall not being malware... oh wait it was.
    Shard auction not being a money grab... what’s that a 30% cut for turbine for every transaction?
    DDO store never offering things that cannot drop in game... what’s that they do, all the time? (EVEN IN THIS CASE)

you guys are either growing increasingly more incompetent or believe we are growing more complacent or stupid... not sure which one it is but for the love of god please stop with the lies, it is starting to feel like the government is running this game.
    Darkrune TRx2 lvl 20 FvS, Darkdivinity lvl 20 cleric, Darkaxe lvl 20 fighter, Darktune TRx1 lvl 4bard, Darkbow lvl 20 AA Ranger, Darksoldier TRx1 lvl 20 Barb, Darkspells TRx2 lvl 20 Wizard, Darkbattle TRx1 lvl 20 artificer, Darktemper lvl 17 Ranger, Darkfists TRx1 lvl 20 Monk, Darkherald lvl 5 paladin Guild Leader of No Politics Thelanis Server

Problem is right now all amenities you can buy with pp, when they remove old amenities, you will have to pay AS for xp buff, why not leave it at pp?

Wait for it to drop?
    Just like tomes of fate are dropping by thousands in chests.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    Wait for it to drop?
    Just like tomes of fate are dropping by thousands in chests.
    Don't forget +6 tomes in EE raids. Thousands of them!
    Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    I don't think you get a choice.. you are Rys's minion..

Since in our guild we're 2 and half.. I think we'll never be able to get to 5% exp..

I have to admit it.. I was strangely so happy about this new ariship's stuff.. then I logged into lama the other day and I had a "nerdrage" attack.. This seems so unfair to me..

Turbine really know how to make player leave :/ - or live without stuff they had for years..

The Hatchery
    2014 & 2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by blackdae View Post
    Since in our guild we're 2 and half.. I think we'll never be able to get to 5% exp..

I have to admit it.. I was strangely so happy about this new ariship's stuff.. then I logged into lama the other day and I had a "nerdrage" attack.. This seems so unfair to me..

Turbine really know how to make player leave :/ - or live without stuff they had for years..
    The prices are exceedingly nasty for smaller guilds, we'll have to pay AS for what we could get with plat before... and the drops will be fixed at some point in the future (TBD DNT), with drop rates that noone knows what will be (are we talking +6 tome-rare, or where are we?).

I love the new buff system, but the prices are very much over the top.
    DDO: If a problem cannot be solved by the application of DPS, you're not applying enough.

Quote Originally Posted by blackdae View Post
    They really do.

This whole update is: "HAHAHAHAHA we're going to take away what you do have, and make you pay LOTS of real money to get it back"

BURN on all of us for still playing...

I quit, for a long time, due to Turbines mismanagement of this game; came back and thought, hey, this might be a neat update, finally some more guild changes.

BURN on me for believing they weren't just pulling a fast one.

Turbine really DOES know how to make people stop playing their game.

It is hard to deal with this companies money-grubbing, anti-fun ways.

Maybe I'll quit for another year...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast