Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cyr View Post
    Having mods which do less dps for more difficult content is a sure way to make those mods not valued. That was always the problem with DC based damage mods. You either pump the DC to a huge level and make it basically a 95% proc rate or you have a junk mod. Either way it makes more sense to drop the DC nonsense on weapon.
    I agree. DC's on weapons is just silly. The devs have complete control over how often they hit in all content by just making it on hit, on crit, 19-20, vorpal or a small %. I'd rather have meteoric be a 2% proc that hits all the time than a 5% proc with a 50 DC at level 30. Sure, it's less useful in lower level content, but in lower content, you wouldn't "need" the effect really anyway.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

I don't really care about loot, so I don't really understand all the hubaloo. That said I do appreciate you guys being more communicative and I really hope it continues. With any luck it'll quell some of the nastier forumites.
    Last edited by enochiancub; 11-09-2013 at 12:36 PM.

Main: 18 Artificer, Thelanis

Community Member

Hullabaloo!

Hubaloo sounds like some sort of centralised temporary toilet.

Sorry. Please continue.

Today, I've added the following into our internal development build. This is the build that will eventually become Update 21. Depending on circumstances and approvals, some of this may be able to be pulled into a patch before Update 21.

The Burst prefixes will come back. I've seen a lot of people asking for them. While they're not as powerful as the "Flaming II" you could get instead of Flaming Burst, but they are very close and not everything needs to be exactly equal... it does help to have some variety.
    • Flaming Burst
    • Shocking Burst
    • Icy Burst
    • Acid Burst

New weapon AoE damage prefixes that can appear on Epic-level loot.
    The below list of prefixes appear rarely in addition to one of the normal things you'd get as a prefix on your item. They match roughly in theme- as an example, Tempestuous could come with either Shocking or Shrieking paired with it.
    Some of these are old names, but they do new things.
    • Infernal - 2% Chance On Hit: A blast of flame ignites your target, dealing 4 to 16 damage per Minimum Level of this item to all nearby enemies.
    • Meteoric (Can only be found in the highest level treasure) - 2% Chance On Hit: A falling star strikes your target, dealing 3 to 18 Fire Damage and 1 to 6 Bludgeoning Damage per Minimum Level of this item to all nearby enemies. Affected foes must also make a DC (20+Item Level) Reflex Saving Throw or be knocked prone.
    • Glacial - 2% Chance On Hit: A burst of glacial frost chills your target, dealing 7 to 14 Cold Damage per Minimum Level of this item to all nearby enemies.
    • Erosive - 2% Chance On Hit: A blast of acid corrodes your target, dealing 3 to 18 Acid Damage per Minimum Level of this item to all nearby enemies.
    • Tempestuous - 2% Chance On Hit: A bolt of lightning strikes your target, dealing 1 to 20 Electric Damage per Minimum Level of this item to all nearby enemies.
    • Righteous - 2% Chance On Hit: A blast of holy energy strikes your target, dealing 3 to 12 Good Damage per Minimum Level of this item to all nearby non-good enemies.
    • Kinetic - 2% Chance On Hit: A burst of magical force strikes your target, dealing 3 to 12 Force Damage per Minimum Level of this item to all nearby enemies.

4 new weapon suffixes: (Bringing the amount of suffixes at each given Enhancement Value to between 12 and 14)
    • Humanoid Bane (Combination of Human Bane, Elf Bane, Dwarf Bane, Halfling Bane, Orc Bane, Goblinoid Bane, Monstrous Humanoid Bane, Reptillian Humanoid Bane, and Giant Bane.
    • Natural Bane (Combination of Animal Bane, Vermin Bane, Plant Bane, Magical Beast Bane, and Fey Bane)
    • Feeding (On Vorpal Hit: Target incurs 1 negative level, you gain Temporary HP)
    • Draining (On Vorpal Hit: Target incurs 1 negative level, you gain Temporary Spell Points)

This is just a start. There's a lot more I'd like to do.
    Armor, shield, and accessories will get new things as well, as will spellcasting weapons.

Community Member

Awesome start! Thanks man!

Community Member

Lookin' good!

I could totally see myself going for a Feeding weapon. That's a nice combination of effects right there.

in the words of the late great B.I.G "Gimme the loot".
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

You are the one choosing not to play alts.

Casual player now investing way less than I used to into the game, playing 1-3 months at a time and still want nothing to do with Reaper. #improvepuggrouping#alldifficultiesmatter

Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Today, I've added the following into our internal development build. This is the build that will eventually become Update 21. Depending on circumstances and approvals, some of this may be able to be pulled into a patch before Update 21.

The Burst prefixes will come back. I've seen a lot of people asking for them. While they're not as powerful as the "Flaming II" you could get instead of Flaming Burst, but they are very close and not everything needs to be exactly equal... it does help to have some variety.
    • Flaming Burst
    • Shocking Burst
    • Icy Burst
    • Acid Burst

The below list of prefixes appear rarely in addition to one of the normal things you'd get as a prefix on your item. They match roughly in theme- as an example, Tempestuous could come with either Shocking or Shrieking paired with it.
    • Infernal - 2% Chance On Hit: A blast of flame ignites your target, dealing 4 to 16 damage per Minimum Level of this item to all nearby enemies.
    • Meteoric (Can only be found in the highest level treasure) - 2% Chance On Hit: A falling star strikes your target, dealing 3 to 18 Fire Damage and 1 to 6 Bludgeoning Damage per Minimum Level of this item to all nearby enemies. Affected foes must also make a DC (20+Item Level) Reflex Saving Throw or be knocked prone.
    • Glacial - 2% Chance On Hit: A burst of glacial frost chills your target, dealing 7 to 14 Cold Damage per Minimum Level of this item to all nearby enemies.
    • Erosive - 2% Chance On Hit: A blast of acid corrodes your target, dealing 3 to 18 Acid Damage per Minimum Level of this item to all nearby enemies.
    • Tempestuous - 2% Chance On Hit: A bolt of lightning strikes your target, dealing 1 to 20 Electric Damage per Minimum Level of this item to all nearby enemies.
    • Righteous - 2% Chance On Hit: A blast of holy energy strikes your target, dealing 3 to 12 Good Damage per Minimum Level of this item to all nearby non-good enemies.
    • Kinetic - 2% Chance On Hit: A burst of magical force strikes your target, dealing 3 to 12 Force Damage per Minimum Level of this item to all nearby enemies.
    Is, eg. Meteoric, coming with Blazing, Greater Incineration, Flaming Blast as well? Or is it just that Meteoric thing that you listed?

So, example: will a Meteoric Holy Khopesh of Humanoid Bane be:

1)
    Meteoric
    Blazing
    Greater Incineration
    Flaming Blast
    Holy
    Humanoid bane

or will it just be:

2)
    Meteoric
    Holy
    Humanoid Bane

?
    Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    I don't think you get a choice.. you are Rys's minion..

Community Member

4 new weapon suffixes: (Bringing the amount of suffixes at each given Enhancement Value to between 12 and 14)
    • Humanoid Bane (Combination of Human Bane, Elf Bane, Dwarf Bane, Halfling Bane, Orc Bane, Goblinoid Bane, Monstrous Humanoid Bane, Reptillian Humanoid Bane, and Giant Bane.
    • Natural Bane (Combination of Animal Bane, Vermin Bane, Plant Bane, Magical Beast Bane, and Fey Bane)
    • Feeding (On Vorpal Hit: Target incurs 1 negative level, you gain Temporary HP)
    • Draining (On Vorpal Hit: Target incurs 1 negative level, you gain Temporary Spell Points)
    Looks great! How about also adding Magical Creature Bane, combining Elemental Bane, Construct Bane, and Magical Beast Bane?

Or alternatively, Unnatural Bane, combining Aberrations, Constructs and Oozes?

Then perhaps Magical Creature Bane could combine Elemental Bane, Magical Beast Bane and Evil Outsider Bane.
    Last edited by Fnordian; 11-09-2013 at 07:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    Is, eg. Meteoric, coming with Blazing, Greater Incineration, Flaming Blast as well? Or is it just that Meteoric thing that you listed?

So, example: will a Meteoric Holy Khopesh of Humanoid Bane be:

1)
    Meteoric
    Blazing
    Greater Incineration
    Flaming Blast
    Holy
    Humanoid bane

or will it just be:

2)
    Meteoric
    Holy
    Humanoid Bane

?
    From what I'm getting out of it, Meteoric would be closer to your second example. However each new prefix would match up with something that is in flavor. Meteoric would likely be paired with Flaming and not holy. This is my take on it. While it's a nice little bonus, it's still just a nice little bonus on "ghostbaned" loot. Now in combination with some other new abilities, there might be some promise here.

To Feather of Sun, you mention that Meteoric would only be available on "the highest level loot". Would you care to elaborate on what you mean by that? EE Stormhorns on an ultra rare (only happened once and was bugged anyway) +3 loot weekend with a +2 gem, chest blesser and treasure map (level 36)? That's what max level means to me. Or do you mean level 31 which would appear to be the max current loot level?

Also, the "burst" effects are popular with players due to the +2 enhancement value. Flaming is +1, Flaming Burst is +2. Blazing under the MotU system was a +4 if I remember correctly and wasn't considered "worth it" by players, not because it wasn't more powerful, but because it wasn't really worth the +4 enhancement value.
    Last edited by redspecter23; 11-09-2013 at 07:24 PM.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Quote Originally Posted by Fnordian View Post
    Looks great! How about also adding Magical Creature Bane, combining Elemental Bane, Construct Bane, and Magical Beast Bane?
    yes this. need elemental bane and everbright. they aint dropping in game. oh, also need to address incorporeal like ghostly skeletons and dream scourges in IQ.
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

Casual player now investing way less than I used to into the game, playing 1-3 months at a time and still want nothing to do with Reaper. #improvepuggrouping#alldifficultiesmatter

Quote Originally Posted by Clatterfist View Post
    Hullabaloo!

Hubaloo sounds like some sort of centralised temporary toilet.

Sorry. Please continue.
    Sorry, English isn't my first, second or even third language so I make mistakes on slang.

Main: 18 Artificer, Thelanis

Quote Originally Posted by redspecter23 View Post
    Meteoric would likely be paired with Flaming and not holy. This is my take on it. While it's a nice little bonus, it's still just a nice little bonus on "ghostbaned" loot. Now in combination with some other new abilities, there might be some promise here.
    It'd be paired with Flaming VIII, which by itself is an average damage of 20 per hit.

For comparison, the old Flaming Burst, Holy, Flaming Blast, and Incineration all together are worse than Flaming VIII by itself.

To Feather of Sun, you mention that Meteoric would only be available on "the highest level loot". Would you care to elaborate on what you mean by that?
    Level 28 items.

Also, the "burst" effects are popular with players due to the +2 enhancement value. Flaming is +1, Flaming Burst is +2.
    Correct. What you get currently on Live at +2 prefix value instead of Flaming Burst is Flaming II.
    Flaming II is 2-8 damage on hit. It's better under nearly all circumstances.

That said, I don't mind putting the bursts back in, it adds variety to that level range of treasure!

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    oh, also need to address incorporeal like ghostly skeletons and dream scourges in IQ.
    If you actually used a Ghost Touch weapon for Dream Scourges before, you could just use a Ghostbane one for it now. It does the same thing.
    It sets "Ghost Touch = TRUE" on your weapon.

Or are you trying to troll me? If so, good job.
    Last edited by Feather_of_Sun; 11-09-2013 at 08:17 PM.

whilst you're working on weapons etc.

Please fix a couple of things breaking Celestia's :

The Warpriest Favored weapons enhancements need to be changed to +1 to hit and damage and +3 usp when your favored weapon is equipped.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...-Celestias-%28

edit* The new Epic destiny arcane pastlife granting +1 enhancement toggle will break it too
    Last edited by fTdOmen; 11-09-2013 at 08:16 PM.

Community Member

Oozebane should always have included Everbright, btw.

Hero of the People Golddragon87's Avatar

• Flaming Burst
    • Shocking Burst
    • Icy Burst
    • Acid Burst

This is just a start. There's a lot more I'd like to do.
    Armor, shield, and accessories will get new things as well, as will spellcasting weapons.
    My only issue with some of these is they re-use old enhancement names for new effects. Righteous and I believe Kinetic I have seen before. Is there any way they can have different names then our legacy gear? Preferably I would still like to see those legacy enhancements dropping as well. I rather liked the old Righteous. I do understand synonyms have to be getting pretty scarce right now so sorry if my request is unreasonable. Temporary hit points are great but can we get an updated epic version of Vampirism? Has always been my favorite enhancement even though I have never found a viable way to use it.
    Knowledge is power.
    Power corrupts.
    Study hard.
    Be evil.

Proud resident of Sarlona. Player of "Gilgimesh the Steel Demon".

Looking solid, feather.

Quote Originally Posted by Frotz View Post
    Oozebane should always have included Everbright, btw.
    Ooo, I'd love to see ooze bane and everbright wrapped up into a single suffix.

If you actually used a Ghost Touch weapon for Dream Scourges before, you could just use a Ghostbane one for it now. It does the same thing.
    It sets "Ghost Touch = TRUE" on your weapon.

Or are you trying to troll me? If so, good job.
    I was actually being serious, but I feel like a newb now because I just confirmed this. belay my last
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

Community Member

Oozebane bundled with Everbright would be awesome.

And hey, if you're gonna bring back Elemental Burst, why not make it a suffix and give it extra levels that do the more exotic "fun" stuff, so that it can be combined with the practical but basic prefix to create a true themed weapon? For example...

For Air/Earth/Fire/Water Bursts beyond I, stuff like:
    ...weapon procs Vulnerable / Improved Destruction / Burning / Lethargy on (hit, crit, vorpal, whatever)
    ...weapon casts Electric Loop / Acid Arrow / Scorch / Snowball Swarm on (condition)
    ...weapon vorpals creatures of the opposing elemental subtype on vorpal
    ...weapon dispels target's Blur and Displacement / Stoneskin / Fire Shield (Cold) / Fire Shield (Hot) on (condition)

and then we could make or find Flaming Longswords +X of Fire Burst that might have properties like +3d4 Fire damage, +3 enhancement bonus, deals an additional +2D10 fire damage on crit and casts a level X Scorch on Vorpal; and that would be like a +8 or +9 weapon.

Very nice, Thank you Feather.

One concern I have though is with the following:

Epic Ward (on Epic Hard / Epic Elite) causes a mob to regen negative levels and stat damage (which they're 90% resistant to in the first place) every 3 seconds. If the suffix is only 1 neg level, instead of 1d3 or 1d4, 99.999999999999999% (may be a small bit of hyperbole) the mob will regen that neg before you will vorpal again.

So, obviously, the solution is to just get rid of Epic Ward (PLEEEEEZ!). CR 70 Mobs with 130,000 HP don't need blanket immunities that prevent non-max-DPS classes to get them On-The-Die again.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast