Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DareDelvis View Post
    Does running a loot gem increase the chance for named loot in heroic quests?

Does it bump a normal run to elite level named loot (that one I doubt)?
    Jewels of Fortune and other loot boosts increase the level of a chest, which determines what level of random treasure will generate inside.

Jewels of Fortune and other loot boosts do not affect named treasure.

"Named" treasure is any treasure that has a special, bonus chance to appear in a specific treasure chest. It doesn't care about the chest or quest level, only that you're opening the right chest.

Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    "Named" treasure is any treasure that has a special, bonus chance to appear in a specific treasure chest. It doesn't care about the chest or quest level, only that you're opening the right chest.
    Well with introduction of hard- and elite- versions of items I guess it care for quest level

Quote Originally Posted by Derailment View Post
    Well with introduction of hard- and elite- versions of items I guess it care for quest level
    No. It cares about difficulty, not level. =)

Level is a number.
    For purposes of treasure, level is what is increased by a Jewel of Fortune or other loot boost.
    Named items are not affected by loot boosts, because the treasure system used to distribute named items in chests does not check for the quest's level, it looks for the difficulty: Casual, Normal, Hard, Elite, Epic Casual, Epic Normal, Epic Hard, or Epic Elite.
    Last edited by Feather_of_Sun; 04-09-2013 at 10:00 AM.

"Ooops!"....
    Member and owner of "The Mad Midgets" of Khyber.
    Characters; Skrangle, Eileenia, Thyrantraxus, Clonkstar, Eilert, Nidvisa, Sellyse, Lobotobias, Crimsoneye, Whimpsy, Meeep, Maszter, Andromansis etc

Quote Originally Posted by Seikojin View Post
    I find it hilarious that all my points are based on every piece of evidence at hand, and you offered nothing.
    Of course I didn't, I'm lazy But if you insist (Gkar answered already)

1. Say an item on a cr16 chest (lvl 16 quest) has a .001 percent chance to drop, and you have some loot bonuses. It may increase it up to .003.
    Gem doesn't increase named loot chance. For random items, it uses higher loot table but that doesnt mean chance increased.

2. On a boosted table (lvl 16 boosted to lvl18); the same item may be in a larger pool of rewards, so its .001 chance may get worse as you roll to compete with tomes; becoming more like .0005.
    First, while new items added, lower level items are removed, so it's not given pool is larger. Second, named items doesn't compete with tomes. Third, tomes have fixed chance so chance doesn't change when jumping on loot table.

3. Lag is more prevelant on the back end and causes huge problems with everything under the hood. So I wouldn't be surprised if your touch to the chest actually led to 3 rolls for loot; 2 of which never made it to you.
    Usually games aren't coded like this, there will be 1 roll and result is saved on server. But even if there are 3 rolls, this is irrelevant because they are not depending on each other, in other words, it doesn't matter if you roll 1 time or roll 100 times and discard 99 results, keeping last one.

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gkar View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Seikojin
    I find it hilarious that all my points are based on every piece of evidence at hand, and you offered nothing.

Your points were not based on evidence, its based on confusion on your part. Here, let's take a look...

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Seikojin
    A few things to keep in mind:
    1. Say an item on a cr16 chest (lvl 16 quest) has a .001 percent chance to drop, and you have some loot bonuses. It may increase it up to .003.

No, that's not how loot bonuses work. A +1 loot bonus, for example, raises the chest from CR16 to CR17, it does not make your chances better at rolling on the CR 16 chest.

Quote:
    2. On a boosted table (lvl 16 boosted to lvl18); the same item may be in a larger pool of rewards, so its .001 chance may get worse as you roll to compete with tomes; becoming more like .0005.

While it is true that as you move up loot tables some stuff drops off, other stuff becomes easier to get. Thus, a loot bonus or "boosted table" (both of which are the same thing) may increase or decrease the chance of getting a specific lootgen item. It of course has NO impact what so ever on named loot since the chance of named loot is not impacted by loot boosts of any kind.

Quote:
    3. Lag is more prevelant on the back end and causes huge problems with everything under the hood. So I wouldn't be surprised if your touch to the chest actually led to 3 rolls for loot; 2 of which never made it to you.

Now that's a great fail of understanding. "Back end lag" doesn't mean anything since there is a back end at both your end and Turbine's end. However, assuming you mean Turbine, if it is Turbine induced lag the data will reach your computer. We all know that as a fact from the "giant lag monster stops everyone from moving and then are are all suddenly dead as it catches up with us".
    I wasn't referring to named loot. Loot in general. It is pretty well known about named loot not having an increased drop rate due to boosting. However, point 2, boosting the chest to where more items are available for roll, automatically decreases the chance of getting a named item.

And I also wasn't meaning boosting a CR16/lvl16 chest would make it easier to get stuff from the cr16/lvl16 table. I was meaning that a cr17/lvl17 chest may have a particular item listed more times; thus making it easier to get.

When I say back end lag, I mean on turbines side. The amount of data handling and overall transmission of end result data from the clients to turbine is insigificant compared to the volumes of data being crunched on the server side of the game.

And because of this, the client is asking, in rapid fashion, for data. And the server, while it is doing the best it can, is constantly losing data, or trying to get that data, and losing it or forgetting where it was stored. Eventually it gets data to give tot he client, but sometimes it is not the exact match of the data being requested.

As bad as that may sound, it is very commonplace in just about every large scale, database based, client <-> server infrastructure. And that is why things are disparingly different between internal test, lamannia, and live. There are no tools that can congest the infrastructure like the live environment.

And because of this, the client is asking, in rapid fashion, for data. And the server, while it is doing the best it can, is constantly losing data, or trying to get that data, and losing it or forgetting where it was stored. Eventually it gets data to give tot he client, but sometimes it is not the exact match of the data being requested.
    This would make great movie. Man I feel compassion to server after reading that. Never experienced that in my life.

Staggering
    Pale Fox

This would make great movie. Man I feel compassion to server after reading that. Never experienced that in my life.

Ha, you must be wifeless. ;-)

Actually, you do experience it. All the time. With the subject of loot; this back end lag is most likely what causes;
    1. slow loot populating
    2. repeated loot
    3. being able to loot twice
    4. increased numbers of X item
    5. decreased chances of Y item
    6. Lack of some named items
    7. 'low' drop rates.

Testing with Lamannia; various quests and raids with a group shows these kinds of results on the live servers.

Quote Originally Posted by LightBear View Post
    Ha, you must be wifeless. ;-)
    Why, my Wi-Fi working excellent *innocent look*

Actually, you do experience it. All the time.
    No no, you misunderstand. I never experienced sentiments to a server before.

Why, my Wi-Fi working excellent *innocent look*

No no, you misunderstand. I never experienced sentiments to a server before.
    Ahh, lol!

Jewels of Fortune and other loot boosts increase the level of a chest, which determines what level of random treasure will generate inside.

Jewels of Fortune and other loot boosts do not affect named treasure.

Thanks for the very prompt reply, FoS!
    Fellowship of the Bling Ghallanda
    Main: Shado
    Tier 1 Alts: DareDelvis; Ottis; Tortelvis
    Tier 2 Alts and Banks: JoeBiten; Hary Darkness; BurnyCynders; Ashhole; Mournfist; Maimonides; DareDelviss; Aeteentee; DareSoulvis; Rambam; Jawill; DoubleDee; Myzadventure; Krav Maga; Snakecobra; and others

Community Member

I wasn't referring to named loot. Loot in general. It is pretty well known about named loot not having an increased drop rate due to boosting. However, point 2, boosting the chest to where more items are available for roll, automatically decreases the chance of getting a named item.
    You might have a point here, if it weren't for the fact that named item rolls are handled completely separate from random loot, and are added to the chest in addition to whatever random loot you got. Thus, the amount of possible results for random loot in a chest has absolutely no bearing on whether or not you get a named item.

Community Member

boosting the chest to where more items are available for roll, automatically decreases the chance of getting a named item.
    This is incorrect. named loot is a seperate roll that is not effected by loot gems, loot boosts, chest blessing.

The chance to get a roll on the special loot table(tomes,store items, ect) will remain the same even if you use a loot gem/et al.

Some quests have chests that have scripted loot tables, these chests are also uneffected by loot gems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitesco View Post
    Because of experience, +1 DC to tactics, +10 HP, 5% healing amp or something else? Past lives are weak and should be the last thing you pursue if you care at all about real power.

15. 04-08-2013, 06:21 PM

There is indeed one quest currently in the game where a Jewel of Fortune can, in some circumstances, prevent you from getting treasure. If affected by this, the chest will be completely empty for you- nothing at all will appear in it.

This can only happen in "The Reaver's Fate", which is the Heroic-tier raid in Gianthold. This does not happen in the Epic Gianthold raid, or any other quests in the game.

This issue is fixed in the next upcoming patch to DDO, Update 18.
    Just ran Reavers.

First run the boss bugged out and stood there looking at us while time ran down.

Second try the boss did the same and we recalled and reset (we think it was a turret that bugged him.)

Last run we completed and found everyone but four people in party got no loot (out of 11).

I'm glad this is being fixed.

But hey, I know it's embarrassing for the company and all but maybe when you know about a bug maybe give a heads up in the log in screen or put a sign on the door or something.

I know that was pretty disappointing for people to spend so much time just to be felled by bug after bug.

Especially with the fact that people spent TP for a gem that whiled away as we tried to get the raid to work only to have the gem be their undoing.
    BONGO FURY - Ghallanda - Thingfish - Wizard, Diuni - Ninja, Gheale - Angel, Dullknife - Tank, Noodlefish - Gimp, Jaquaby - Treacherous and other gimps.

You officially owned a dev XD
    How to revamp past life reward system <--- working again
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We absolutely planned for Fighter to still have Haste Boost. It's absolutely a bug. Any similar issues that look "wrong" to any player should be bugged.
    Developers should fix this <--- 2020 edition!

Community Member

And I also wasn't meaning boosting a CR16/lvl16 chest would make it easier to get stuff from the cr16/lvl16 table. I was meaning that a cr17/lvl17 chest may have a particular item listed more times; thus making it easier to get.
    Give an example of exactly what you mean by "a particular item listed more times".

When you say that, people think you are talking about a list of named items. Which is of course not possible since named items have nothing to do with chest level.

So, what are you talking about and be specific and provide some evidence to support your assertion that this is in fact how the loot tables are structured.

Quote Originally Posted by 7-day_Trial_Monkey View Post
    Give an example of exactly what you mean by "a particular item listed more times".

When you say that, people think you are talking about a list of named items. Which is of course not possible since named items have nothing to do with chest level.

So, what are you talking about and be specific and provide some evidence to support your assertion that this is in fact how the loot tables are structured.
    Like a item lvl 75 scimitar will be on one table once, but on another table twice, as other, less relative items are dropped off.

None of the tables will be like pen and paper charts are shown. They would be number by number, and a much larger list; because depth is not a friend of speed when it comes to fetching results.

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

All other bugs we were aware of that affected raid treasure were due to old anti-exploit scripting on raid chests, and this issue has already been resolved as of Update 17, Patch 1.

If you have specific information on any other currently "bugged" raids, please help out by submitting a detailed bug report with the name of the quest and the difficulty you played it on when you encountered the problem.
    Bug reported:
    Just ran Ascension Chamber (Abbot Raid) on elite on live on Orien. One party member DC'd mid end fight and reconnected after the Black Abbot died. We waited for him to fully reconnect (and even made sure he was the one to open the raid end chest to confirm he was fully loaded in before it was opened). He received no loot in the chest and his name was not available to pass items to.

Asking in chat, others on the server reported getting the same problem.

Note to others that run into this problem: he submitted a bug report and then a help ticket about the issue, and asked for and received a Raid Bypass Timer for the trouble. So at least he can run it again right away.
    Author of Info Blue UI Skin (Really wish Turbine would update the skinning interface and enable all the new UI parts.)
    If you don't have an SSD, you should be using DDOPreload (fixes the slow first login issue)

Quote Originally Posted by Backley View Post
    Bug reported:
    Just ran Ascension Chamber (Abbot Raid) on elite on live on Orien. One party member DC'd mid end fight and reconnected after the Black Abbot died. We waited for him to fully reconnect (and even made sure he was the one to open the raid end chest to confirm he was fully loaded in before it was opened). He received no loot in the chest and his name was not available to pass items to.

Asking in chat, others on the server reported getting the same problem.

Note to others that run into this problem: he submitted a bug report and then a help ticket about the issue, and asked for and received a Raid Bypass Timer for the trouble. So at least he can run it again right away.
    This is a mechanic specific to raid chests that was added long ago. It's to prevent people from stepping in after a raid is complete and looting the chest. I do wish they would make DCd people count though.
    Glenalth Woodwalke ■ Preston the Ranger ■ Brisqoe the Dentist ■ Prescription Liberator
    AoK @ Argonnessen

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast