Default Has anyone tried Jeweler's Tool yet?

Is it possible to extract a crystal from a pre-slotted named item? And if the item in question id BtC, is the crystal BtC?

Namely (pun intended), I am interested in extracting Heavy Fortification crystal out of Ring of Balance -- Invader tokens BtC turn-in.
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

I saw that too.
    The pre-slotting of eGH items now makes sense.
    Brenna, Tzanna, and Tzinna Wavekin
    The Dancing Rogues of Argonnessen
    Ascent

You may extract them, and they are not bound.

Community Member

Yeah they go straight into the standard inventory though(pulled the fire resist one from axe of axedus last night), can't get them into any of the ingredient type bags that I have. I can see this becoming an issue as I find more of the useful augments.

Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Good design choice.

Quote Originally Posted by AlteredState View Post
    can't get them into any of the ingredient type bags that I have. I can see this becoming an issue as I find more of the useful augments.
    You and every other player. There are numerous threads on this. Apparently, this wasn't implemented the way every other ingredient is. Maybe Turbine didn't think of it? (lol!)
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Quote Originally Posted by danotmano1998 View Post
    You and every other player. There are numerous threads on this. Apparently, this wasn't implemented the way every other ingredient is. Maybe Turbine didn't think of it? (lol!)
    Sounds like they didn't. From the response we got it would seem they didn't realize these would pile up. Once again, a disconnect between the devs and how people play this game. If they had thought of it I'm sure bags would be available in the store right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    +1 good design by design.

question - is the jeweler's tool in the random loot tables? ie can it drop from random lootgen? If it is - will it be bound? If so - how. Mahalo in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Gkar View Post
    Sounds like they didn't. From the response we got it would seem they didn't realize these would pile up.
    I know, that is the part I find to be particularly amusing. Players figured this out in moments.
    This was actually my first question in my mind when I saw they were being released. What bag are they going in?

Then we heard nothing for a while... Then we got the:
    "Oh yes, they don't go into bags at all but I've seen a lot of people asking for one!".

*facepalm moment*

But back on topic.. These Jeweler's Tools.

Where do they come from? Random drop? DDO store only? One use? I don't recall seeing these mentioned in the release notes, I'll go back and look.
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=406864

original Lamannia thread.

But back on topic.. These Jeweler's Tools.

Where do they come from? Random drop? DDO store only? One use? I don't recall seeing these mentioned in the release notes, I'll go back and look.
    Currently only from DDO store - I believe 95 TP each (I probably am wrong about the price) - should be there now.

Founder & Build Synthesis Battlehawke's Avatar

Default wow

What a great concept! I love it! Although, this adds a whole new deminsion to farming.
    Last edited by Battlehawke; 02-21-2013 at 12:40 PM.
    The Best Server: Gallhanda

Looking for a great guild? Check Out Our Guild: http://www.oldtimersguild.com/vb/forum.php

Looking for some good builds to play? https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...for-Characters