Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Why certains random weapons can't go into Eveningstar Midwinter recipe?

Talking about Tael bordered weapons. E.g. My +6 scepter of Evocation mastery can't have a Glaciation recipe added to it in Eveningstar.

Why? Is it normal?

EDIT: Not sure about the other random weapons, couldn't try.

Community Member

We're not allowed to make our own nice things, that's why.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by FrancisP.Fancypants View Post
    Are you sure its not because it would rain Turtles when they try to fix something?
    Taenebrae, Daemonsoul, Daemoneyes and Daemonheart of Argonessen
    Glitzakram - Trade Thread

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by FrancisP.Fancypants View Post
    sadpanda

Feather said that Risia-upgraded glaciation weapons should work in the altar, but...http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p...6&postcount=21
    "Freedom is the sovereign right of every American!"
    -Liberty Prime™

There are certain prefixes and suffixes that make random loot a "Named" item, such as the Evocation Mastery you mentioned. The same pre/suffixes are what make the items BtC on equip.

Edit: Just to be clear, this is a guesstimate. ^_^
    I play this game. It is fun.
    Morlen - Vigo - Siliana - Ragz - Jeeyou Knit - EnZeroZeroBe - Joeb - Kiandra - Tenju - Freakadroid - Asteri
    Server: Ghallanda - Member: ToHitArmorClassZero

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SHOCK_and_AWE View Post
    Feather said that Risia-upgraded glaciation weapons should work in the altar, but...http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p...6&postcount=21
    So, that is lame.

Is there a fix coming to it and will they just let it slide like this I wonder?

Quote Originally Posted by Morlen View Post
    There are certain prefixes and suffixes that make random loot a "Named" item, such as the Evocation Mastery you mentioned. The same pre/suffixes are what make the items BtC on equip.

Hmm...just tested this with a +2 Greataxe. I put 30 glaciation on it from Risia, but the Midwinter festival still won't accept it. I don't want to waste the motes to upgrade it to 78 glaciation as of yet just to test whether it would work then, however.
    "Freedom is the sovereign right of every American!"
    -Liberty Prime™

Quote Originally Posted by Morlen View Post

Just tested with a +3 impulse morningstar of greater kinetic lore, ML 16, unbound, and...

This trader doesnt want your blah blah blah.

And tested some named armor, the barter box accept them, but you dont see any option for crafting/upgrade.

Another interesting thing, I tried to upgrade a festival frost from last time to icy burst this time and it made me start over from frost touch. Not terrible because have plenty of 3 & 4's, but not everyone does.
    -KHYBER- Current Mains: Dios D'Muerte - Barb>FvS>Bard>Wiz>Art / Deeos D'Muerte - 20 Ninja(TR2) / Draugar D'Muerte - 20 Ninja (TR1) .Deyna D'Muerte - 20 Assassin x3 (TR2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    ..Got a lunch break? A smoke break? You too can conspire with bacon

Quote Originally Posted by Tid12 View Post
    So, that is lame.

Is there a fix coming to it and will they just let it slide like this I wonder?
    I just dont understand the people in the forums any more. There is a thread about how epic toons cant solo shred the hound and yet people are calling for a *fix* to weapon add ons that do this.

The *fix* is that it raises the ML so you can shred all of the low level stuff. IE- twink gear for TR's making the game go too fast.

Which do you want? The uber twink gear or 4 year old lv 16 games to be a challenge? The state of the game says you cant have both.

Looking into it, the Ice Games recipes work on weapons, and the Eveningstar Midwinter Festival recipes just work on armor, robes, outfits, and shields. This is by design- they offer upgrades to different types of items.

Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Looking into it, the Ice Games recipes work on weapons, and the Eveningstar Midwinter Festival recipes just work on armor, robes, outfits, and shields. This is by design- they offer upgrades to different types of items.
    Thank you

Community Member

Right, but you said before that you can upgrade Risia Glaciation weapons to a higher spell power(84-120) with the Midwinter recipies, but the altar isn't accepting the weapons. Is this being looked into? Will it be fixed before the festival ends?
    ME BARB, ME SMA-ok I stand here with pretty blue lines around me. ok I take damage. ok bye.

Quote Originally Posted by HalfORCastrator View Post
    Right, but you said before that you can upgrade Risia 78 weapons to a higher spell power(84-120) with the Midwinter recipies, but the altar isn't accepting the weapons. Is this being looked into? Will it be fixed before the festival ends?
    I said I believed that to be the case, but I was unfortunately incorrect. I apologize for the accidental misinformation.
    It's not a bug. The Midwinter recipes are intended to only work on armor, outfits, robes, and shields.

Quote Originally Posted by HalfORCastrator View Post
    Right, but you said before that you can upgrade Risia Glaciation weapons to a higher spell power(84-120) with the Midwinter recipies, but the altar isn't accepting the weapons. Is this being looked into? Will it be fixed before the festival ends?
    "... increases ML..." cant go past lv 25 so.... no.

the Eveningstar Midwinter Festival recipes just work on armor, robes, outfits, and shields.
    In other words: screw you warforged, nobody likes you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ovrad View Post
    Hasn't that always been the case?
    Knorgh (triple triple completionist) Currently 12 Wizard/6 Ranger/2 Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Ovrad View Post
    They should work on docents too. If they don't, that would be a bug.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xynot2 View Post
    "... increases ML..." cant go past lv 25 so.... no.
    No, increases the ML of the item to the effect of spell power. You can have a Combustion scepter ml20 90sp scepter and put a 90 festival glaciation and it won't affect the ml. If you try to put a 96+ recipe on that same scepter it will increase the ml. So 120 scepter+120 festival glaciation should be ml25, and should work.

edit:
    I said I believed that to be the case, but I was unfortunately incorrect. I apologize for the accidental misinformation.
    It's not a bug. The Midwinter recipes are intended to only work on armor, outfits, robes, and shields.
    Nevermind...
    Last edited by HalfORCastrator; 01-08-2013 at 12:13 PM.
    ME BARB, ME SMA-ok I stand here with pretty blue lines around me. ok I take damage. ok bye.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast