Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Question Have heroic commendations drop rates increased?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Eladrin
    Commendation drop rates on Normal and Hard were also increased, but not to 100%
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did this change actually made it to live? I have ran the CitW raid 13 times since u16, (10 hard, 3 normal) and only dropped a single commendation. I also didn't notice an increase in total commendation drops for the party.

What have others observed during their runs? Should i file a bug report for this issue?
    Ghallanda Server - Razaghan [Melee FvS 12 / Ranger 6 / Mnk 2] - Ignicia [Sorc 18 / Pal 2]

I've seen many more Comms drop in CitW since U16. In EH diff, around 3 drop in the first chest to the left almost every time. So basically 1 in 4 raid participants get a Comm in EH diff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The release notes themselves are essentially the same as was seen on Lamannia most recently.
    This^, in so many words, is how you say time and feedback on Lamannia are wasted.

Hero
    Reaperbait

I pulled 3 in four runs in the last two days.
    The Fockers of Argo
    LOOON (Rogue); Reaperbait (Warlock); Eatuhdiq (Sorc); Fuglymofo (Barbarian)
    Buttscracher (Arty), Hobaggin (Druid)

Pulled 2 in one chest for the random encounter stop the flenser in the road to netherese wilderness area.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by sdrocky View Post
    Pulled 2 in one chest for the random encounter stop the flenser in the road to netherese wilderness area.
    The OP is talking about Heroic Commendations which drop in Caught in the Web and are used to upgrade the weapons from that Raid, not the PDK, Villager etc Commendations.

2014 DDO Players Council
    Community Member

It doesn't feel like it on EN and EH.

I am fortunate enough to be in some of the very few groups that get to run it on EE (Only 2x for me personally so far) and can confirm that the change definitely made it to EE. It still doesn't 'feel' like it for EH but then maybe all the groups I'm in have just had unlucky rolls and I haven't been recording exact stats.
    ~ Crimson Eagles of Khyber ~
    ~ Melianny ~ Melizzic ~ Melton ~ Meliambit ~ Mellant ~ Melimenace ~ Melangst ~

Community Member

I pulled two in my last run on normal difficulty.

They announced that comms would drop more often and it really does seem to be the case... in my experience, anyway.
    ~ *Nikibrik* - The Arbiter of Life & Death | Brogburt - The Warlord | Capricio - The Lore-keeper | Rubrik - The Grove Protector | Kallistie - The Arch Necromancer | Thorbim - The Outlaw ~
    Thelanis ~ <Dwarven Weapons and Tactics>

Community Member

My experience has been similar to the OP's - 9 or 10 runs since the update, on a mix of norm and hard, and have pulled zero comms. Had one pre-update.

But was on a norm run tonight in which another guy pulled two. Three dropped total, two went to one raider.
    Seems like the low drop rate could easily end up with some people on the rough side of the distribution curve.

Wish it were more like the ToD trophy system, with more comms required to upgrade, but a more guaranteed progress structure. As is, not sure how many more I'll run before I just give up on the raid.

Community Member

Before u16, 30ish runs (20 or so normal, rest hard) 2 comms total.
    After u16, 15ish runs, (10 normal, 5 hard) 0 comms.

Good times, just keep moving that carrot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jujube85 View Post
    After u16, 15ish runs, (10 normal, 5 hard) 0 comms.

Good times, just keep moving that carrot.
    Since U16, about 10 runs, 5 commendations.

I got two in a normal run last night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    Some people brag about how fast they finished the game. I cant think of a stupider thing to brag about. Or in this game, going from level 1 to level 30 in two days, or however long it takes. I can't even begin to imagine what drives a person to think that is fun. You are ignoring all of the content and options and going for sheer speed. It is like going to a museum and bragging about how fast you made it through. Or bragging about how fast you finished a good steak.

45 runs total, 15 runs after update mix of EN and EH. Total commendations: 6

Just about giving up and taking a long break. RNG sucks but eh what's new.

I have found the same. Not much luck on the comms. Then I looked again to see what my upgrades would be for pinion.. +8, not bad for 3 comms. Shrieking to wailing. +1d6 sonic damage for 7 comms. Ummm, no thanks on that tier 3. Considering the low drop rate I am seeing, it would have to go to pandimonium before I start that gind.

Community Member

14 runs now on eHard with no commendation drops for me... this is getting lame

Devs, how about a shroud-like reward every 2 or 3 completions that will include a commendation? And a pack of commendations (5 or so) on the 20th reward list?

I was planning to build a red dragonscale (need 1 com), fully upgrade Cleaver (already T1 so 5+7 = 12 coms), fully upgrade Breach (15 coms), fully upgrade Sireth (15 coms). A total of 43 coms. Yeah right ... -:P
    Ghallanda Server - Razaghan [Melee FvS 12 / Ranger 6 / Mnk 2] - Ignicia [Sorc 18 / Pal 2]

Community Member

On runs 15 and 16 (both on eHard) I got 1 commendation each run. Still, I feel there should be a more consistent way to obtain commendations. They should be somehow be included in reward lists.

Hero

The U16 drop rate is still anemic. 15 EH and 4 EN runs: 8 commendations total. Zero desire to run another 20 completions with that drop rate. At the very least, 15 commendations should be in every 20th list.
    Khyber: Ying-1, Kobeyashi, Nichevo-1 | 75 million Reaper XP

Based on what most of what you guys have typed, I see absolutely nothing wrong with the drop rate. Seems quite generous actually.

At the very least, 15 commendations should be in every 20th list.
    15 comms for your 20th completion? Seriously? I hope the gave never becomes that stupid.
    scrollfu! meowfu! +4fu! firstyfu!
    Maarl de Gutter (ret.) ~ Gnaaarl de Mutter (ret.) ~ Nineinch Rails (ret.)
    Intragreenis Druid - Human FvS [x2] Evoker ~ Guttural de Chanter - Elf Wiz [x4] PM
    Potpourri de Foo Foo - WF Wiz [Sx3][FvSx3][Wx3] Shiradi

Hero
    Reaperbait

Quote Originally Posted by Carpone View Post
    At the very least, 15 commendations should be in every 20th list.
    hahahahahahahaha I find this funny, because you HAVE to be joking, right?
    The Fockers of Argo
    LOOON (Rogue); Reaperbait (Warlock); Eatuhdiq (Sorc); Fuglymofo (Barbarian)
    Buttscracher (Arty), Hobaggin (Druid)

Quote Originally Posted by MeliCat View Post
    It doesn't feel like it on EN and EH.

I am fortunate enough to be in some of the very few groups that get to run it on EE (Only 2x for me personally so far) and can confirm that the change definitely made it to EE. It still doesn't 'feel' like it for EH but then maybe all the groups I'm in have just had unlucky rolls and I haven't been recording exact stats.
    I could swear I remember a dev post that said it was only increased a little for EN and a little more for EH, but the most for EE. I cant seem to find it, of course.
    The problem is never how to get new, innovative thoughts into your mind, but how to get old ones out. Every mind is a building filled with archaic furniture. Clean out a corner of your mind and creativity will instantly fill it.
    Dee Hock

Quote Originally Posted by AZgreentea View Post
    I could swear I remember a dev post that said it was only increased a little for EN and a little more for EH, but the most for EE. I cant seem to find it, of course.
    Epic Normal commendation drop chance:
    15% per player for a commendation in the first chest.
    15% per player for a commendation in the second chest.

Epic Hard commendation drop chance:
    30% per player for a commendation in the first chest.
    30% per player for a commendation in the second chest.

Epic Elite commendation drop chance:
    100% per player for a commendation in the first chest.
    100% per player for a commendation in the second chest.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast