Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Quiver

Hi.

I worked with Genasi to design the upgrades for the Abbot and Reaver's Fate loot. Though not all of my ideas went through in their original form, as this was a team effort, the upgrade to the Quiver of Alacrity is exactly how I intended it to be.

I know full well that it has no minimum level, and has never had one.

We're not planning on changing it, nor has the subject ever even come up.

The entire point of it is that the upgraded version of this item is a fantastic convenience to a TR who has put the work in to get and upgrade the quiver.

So for Celestia's sake, you can all stop the wild rumor-mongering now.

If you see something in patch notes, it's official. If you don't, it's likely not true.

Hoorays!

Also...

Quote Originally Posted by feather_of_sun View Post
    for celestia's sake
    Glenalth Woodwalke ■ Preston the Ranger ■ Brisqoe the Dentist ■ Prescription Liberator
    AoK @ Argonnessen

Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Hi.

I worked with Genasi to design the upgrades for the Abbot and Reaver's Fate loot. Though not all of my ideas went through in their original form, as this was a team effort, the upgrade to the Quiver of Alacrity is exactly how I intended it to be.

The entire point of it is that the upgraded version of this item is a fantastic convenience to a TR who has put the work in to get and upgrade the quiver.

If you see something in patch notes, it's official. If you don't, it's likely not true.

saving this post for the future

it's hard to know if something is intended because as we are told time and again if it's too good to be true it probably is.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Fernando has yet to even suggest a nerf of anything.
    Oh and by the way (referring to your sig), we aren't nerfing the Torc.

Ah, I love it when a plan comes together.
    Sweep Pick or Die!
    Quote Originally Posted by JollySwagMan View Post
    But in terms of actual quest ideas, perhaps something where Halflings ride around on Warforged in battle-backpacks with shoulder-mounted repeating crossbows.

Hi.

My problem with the sort of upgrade as was made there is that it takes a somewhat hard to get item for a niche character (archers, crossbowmen), and tacks on an ability everyone wants, so suddenly the original intended "audience" has to roll against everyone for the loot for which they would have previously been competing against maybe 1 or 2 other people.

We see similar problems on the Kyosho's and Encrusted ToD rings: their bonuses are very attractive to any melee, so everyone rolls on them, while most of the other rings get rolled on only by the intended class most of the time.

If the intent is to make the stuff generally attractive, that's fine, but doing so has some disappointing consequences.
    Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!

Hi.

I guess I will quit drinking the kool-aid that guildies offer.
    Flabby-Flaber-Flabo-Heifer-Oinks

BEAGLES

Quote Originally Posted by sephiroth1084 View Post
    My problem with the sort of upgrade as was made there is that it takes a somewhat hard to get item for a niche character (archers, crossbowmen), and tacks on an ability everyone wants, so suddenly the original intended "audience" has to roll against everyone for the loot for which they would have previously been competing against maybe 1 or 2 other people.

We see similar problems on the Kyosho's and Encrusted ToD rings: their bonuses are very attractive to any melee, so everyone rolls on them, while most of the other rings get rolled on only by the intended class most of the time.

If the intent is to make the stuff generally attractive, that's fine, but doing so has some disappointing consequences.
    I feel this way about a lot of things. ToD rings are a good example. However, I think the quiver of Alacrity is the *best* example, since it was originally *only* useful to ranged characters (and still plenty hard to get), and now it is that much more unlikely for Ranged characters (Y'know, the only people who benefit from the base item in any way) to aquire one.

Not so bad in a raid where it comes up on most 20th lists (now at least that 20th lists work).

Plus ranged alacrity is outclassed by Haste which every character will have active a good 90% of the time from level 10 onward.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

If ranged alacrity were actually useful, I'd have more sympathy for the poor pew pews that now have to compete with everyone else for the quivers.

Hi.

Feather_of_Sun is best pony, seriously. Everything that comes out of your mouth/keyboard is gold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We are not working with the aliens to send messages that are picked up by your microwaved meatloaf dinner. At least I don't think so...
    Proud member of Tyrs Paladium

Community Member

And there it is..... The weekend DOoOOOoOooOooooOoooooooom is over

Hero

Hi.

Awesome, thank you!
    Khyber: Ying-1, Kobeyashi, Nichevo-1 | 75 million Reaper XP

I wonder what i can say in guild chat next week that gona get all the forums up in arms again... muhahahha

So what you are telling me is...we are not nerfing Flabby?

/ragequit

Default Um

Quote Originally Posted by Xyfiel View Post
    So what you are telling me is...we are not nerfing Flabby?

/ragequit

you ever hit jello with a nerfbat before?

Tbh they should just release the seeker tap of spell sight again. It would be amazing to see how fast threads saying the abbot quiver is op would vanish
    i am Overeem

Hi.

Huh.

I can't say that I am impressed with that logic. It's better then convience for a TR. It is actually best in slot period. So it is both best in slot and ML 1.
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

Sheesh there are far more important things to worry about on this planet than if a make-belive item in a make believe world is worthy of "nerfing" or not. Especially this item.

Mellkor Wizard, Culpepper Cleric, Coyle Warlock, Anarion Mechanic Archer, Ungoliant, Assassin, Tulkas Astaldo Vanguard Pally,
    ***Argonnessen***
    ~~Ascent~~

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyr View Post
    Huh.

I can't say that I am impressed with that logic. It's better then convience for a TR. It is actually best in slot period. So it is both best in slot and ML 1.
    Quiver of Alacrity isn't best in slot for anyone. This is.

Quote Originally Posted by Vint View Post
    So Turbine honestly thought that no ML rings were not OP when they released the pack? You dont think that they allowed this to spur the sales of the pack?

I know Turbine has to make money, but to call it a nerdrage thread is a little to far. Turbine knew that the no ML was OP, they just decided to let it go until they sold x amount of the pack.
    Preaching to the choir, heh. And yes, previous conjecture has ended up in nerdrage threads. Up until recently in this thread there was no confirmation one way or the other, which many will conjecture that it is WAI. They were right, this time, but there have been many times over the years where the conjecture that something is WAI is incorrect, and when it gets nerfed, people nerdrage about it.

This is why people get upset about it. If they were to put a ML on the quiver, I would not have taken it as my 20th end reward. So I could have another pair of gloves, and I would have my seal to upgrade something else.
    It would still be the best item you can get in that slot, even if it were ML 20.

As stated in an earlier post, I was misinformed about the change. If they are concerned more about getting my tp and RL cash, let me pay 1500 tp to keep my quiver the way it is. I find that when people are willing to spend RL cash nothing is OP and everything is WAI to a high bidder.
    Yeap, and knowing this, they should sell the upgrade shards in the store, heh. Remember though, the P2W has to progress slowly enough for people to welcome it when the next stage arrives.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013 (when concurrency was ~4x what it is today)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast