Thread: qstaff clickies

Community Member

Default qstaff clickies

From Lama release notes:
    All spells cast from two-handed staves now use the wielder's caster level as well as calculate their DC's using the wielder's casting ability score, if they are better than the staff's default values.
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=206066

a) What happens for multiclass characters with two (or more) different caster levels?
    b) What happens if a cleric uses a magic missile clickie? Is cleric's caster level used?

Wow. I had skipped right over that in the release notes.

I don't know the answer to your question, but mine is: Does that mean that we'll have 25 functional uses of Hold Monster from the Staff of Arcane Power?
    Cynder - 17(TR) Wizard | Airborne - 12(TR) Ranger | Scruffy - 17/3 Barbarian/Fighter | Rapscalian - 6(TR) Artificer | Revive - 11 Cleric

Quote Originally Posted by cru121
    a) What happens for multiclass characters with two (or more) different caster levels?
    On my 9 Ranger/7 Bard the Staff of Arcane Power defaulted to using its base Caster Level of 12 instead of my Character Level of 16. This means it is choosing among either my Ranger or Bard levels for Staff Casting.

On the other hand, my 20 Sorcerer with a Staff of Arcane Power had it going at Caster Level 20. This included dealing more damage from the Staff Cone of Cold (caps at CL 15) and spell penetration checks (had a 28 on Spell Penetration, base caster level 20, +4 from 2 Wizard Past Lives, +3 from Greater Spell Penetration VIII, and +1 from Sorcerer Improved Spell Penetration I).

Quote Originally Posted by jhorn02
    Does that mean that we'll have 25 functional uses of Hold Monster from the Staff of Arcane Power?
    Appears so. I was able to get critters in the Vale held for roughly 30-60 seconds per use. Before the change they would usually break after 3-12 seconds (due to having will saves around 5 and the staff having a DC of 15).
    Server - Thelanis
    Diaries of a True Reincarnate (Wizard, Sorcerer, Melee, Divine, Artificer, Druid)

Its great that staffs are getting a boost and all, but just so people know, this changes does NOT effect damage clickies. Just crafted a superior impact V staff to test it; nop still only lasts 3 mins

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Delightful View Post
    Its great that staffs are getting a boost and all, but just so people know, this changes does NOT effect damage clickies. Just crafted a superior impact V staff to test it; nop still only lasts 3 mins
    Good to know. I think this is because they're listed as a set amount and not based on a sliding scale based on level. It's just a fixed length buff.