Default Class dominance for TR if 10/10 split?

So, i'm rolling my sorc over to wiz and then TR'n to wiz again.

I can do a second +5 tomorrow and he will be 10/10. I did levels 1-5 as wiz last time. If I do 6-10 this time, his first 10 will be wiz. This should push his icon to wizard and not sorc.

Is this correct?

If I TR him at that point will I get the Wiz past life? (Or, do I need to do another +1 LR to get 11 levels of wiz?)

Thanks.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by redoubt View Post

I can do a second +5 tomorrow and he will be 10/10. I did levels 1-5 as wiz last time. If I do 6-10 this time, his first 10 will be wiz. This should push his icon to wizard and not sorc.

Is this correct?

If I TR him at that point will I get the Wiz past life? (Or, do I need to do another +1 LR to get 11 levels of wiz?)

Thanks.

you need 12 lvls of a class to get its past life.

Sorc comes before Wiz alphabetically, so 'e'll be a Sorc.

The only exceptions to this are the classes that were added later, ie FVS, Monk and Druid.
    Goe ahed... korekt mah spelin'.

Community Member

I m not sure to fully understand what u mean.
    But rule for split 10/10 class and then TR is that the alphabetical order will show ur icon and this icon will give u ur past life feat.
    10paladin/10wizzard wil give paladin icon and past life paladin if u TR, because P is before W in alphabetical order.
    One exception to the rules is monk. 10monk/Xclass10 will always give u the Xclass past life.
    The one very important things to remember is that at level20 when u will finish ur 10/10 split u will need a relog before show the true dominent icon of ur 10/10 split, so if u TR on the way without relog u could have very bad surprise.
    (sry if it s not clear english not my main language)

Edit: i supose that fvs is like monk and is a an exception, like all new class added seems to dont respect alphabetical order, but need to be confirm afaik. and what a 10monk/10fvs would give? fvs past life cause f before m even if fater z for other class?...
    Last edited by Camarde; 04-24-2011 at 11:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Camarde View Post
    I m not sure to fully understand what u mean.
    But rule for split 10/10 class and then TR is that the alphabetical order will show ur icon and this icon will give u ur past life feat.
    10paladin/10wizzard wil give paladin icon and past life paladin if u TR, because P is before W in alphabetical order.
    One exception to the rules is monk. 10monk/Xclass10 will always give u the Xclass past life.
    The one very important things to remember is that at level20 when u will finish ur 10/10 split u will need a relog before show the true dominent icon of ur 10/10 split, so if u TR on the way without relog u could have very bad surprise.
    (sry if it s not clear english not my main language)
    seems like he was a 20 sorc and wants the wizard past life when he TR's. so he used 2 +5 hearts of wood to make himself a 10/10 split. unfortunately when you have equal levels of two classes it will take the alphabetically first one for the past life which means sorc for you. gonna have to at least lesser to a 9/11 split for it to work.
    Proud member of Renowned, Thelanis server.

Its alphabetical when split 10/10.....
    s comes b4 w

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by protokon View Post
    seems Like He Was A 20 Sorc And Wants The Wizard Past Life When He Tr's. So He Used 2 +5 Hearts Of Wood To Make Himself A 10/10 Split. Unfortunately When You Have Equal Levels Of Two Classes It Will Take The Alphabetically First One For The Past Life Which Means Sorc For You. Gonna Have To At Least Lesser To A 9/11 Split For It To Work.
    Y.

Community Member fluffybunnywilson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mons View Post
    Its alphabetical when split 10/10.....
    s comes b4 w
    Mons is correct, but please remember that "Monk" and "Favored Soul" come *after* Wizard in the DDO alphabet.

Community Member

Is this correct?

Thanks.
    before you do the TR, try running some high lvl content as a 10/10 split then post your findings in this thread:

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=314123

some poor newbie is contemplating a 10/10 split and 2 helpful forumites are egging him on. would be nice to see what a real 10/10 split can actually do at end game. and if you cant do it for the newbies, then do it for science!
    www.legendsguild.eu A light RP guild that's moved from Keeper in Europe to Thelanis
    Play DDO in 3D, for fweeeee! how to use coloured 3D glasses with DDO.
    East? West? Which way's that? Putting East and West back on the (mini)map
    Tired of chasing blue dots? Find a speed or striding item, vets are hooked on them and you will be too!

Thank you for the replies.

Its going to take an extra week, but it keeps me from messing it up.

Is this correct?

Thanks.
    Dominance goes (from more dominant to least dominant):
    Barbarian
    Bard
    Cleric
    Fighter
    Paladin
    Ranger
    Rogue
    Sorcerer
    Wizard
    Monk
    Favored Soul
    Unnamed Class coming in 2011

Think of it like the devs gave each class an ID number alphabetically when the game came out (9 original classes), and new classes are given ID numbers that follow regardless of alphabetical order.
    Star Firefall
    20 Rogue Assasin
    Currently on life 42 of 42 (Final Life!)