Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Default what about lvl capped toons

so what r lvl 20 toons supposed to do?if we cant be over lvl,then our lvl capped toons only have 1 quest and 1 raid we can do for renown.do any of the devs actually play this game?

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyfruit View Post
    Comparing 170k of new renown reports to 3 million prepatch was interesting. Either we were very lucky or epics had a pretty noticable boost in amount of renown earned

They didn't drop coins in december either. I made my lowbies skip Korthos so they'd get me more cakes
    Epics are producing more renown now.

Community Member bradleyforrest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    If you look at some of these quests, take Chamber of Insanity for example which is CR 5 on Normal, your level 9 character is over 4 levels higher. Not much glory in that. Your chances of pulling renown in a chest is not zero, but it's not very high. While you might have scored much better prior to the patch in this situation, it was never intended to work that way.

Now if we had come up with a system that rewarded volume of quests done in 2 hours, I think you'd be more than eligible.
    So, what you're saying is that 20s are barely going to be pulling renown on anything non-epic since there are almost no level 20 quests?

Methinks you need to re-examine this.

Epics are producing more renown now.
    Not everyone wants to play epic.

Quote Originally Posted by dusty991 View Post
    so what r lvl 20 toons supposed to do?if we cant be over lvl,then our lvl capped toons only have 1 quest and 1 raid we can do for renown.do any of the devs actually play this game?
    You can be over level, but for each level over your chances are reduced. Keep in mind that Hard difficulty adds 1 to the level, elite adds 2.

Also, if you're in to that sort of thing, epic dungeons should produce handsomely now.

Quote Originally Posted by bradleyforrest View Post
    So, what you're saying is that 20s are barely going to be pulling renown on anything non-epic since there are almost no level 20 quests?

Methinks you need to re-examine this.
    Naah, they won't. It's turbine's policy now that epic IS the endgame, at least it seems so according to the latest Fernando Paiz interview in the other thread..
    Quote Originally Posted by Philam View Post
    I nominate you as head developer of DDO!
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    That tears it. I need to get a donkey.
    Concentrated power is the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

You can be over level, but for each level over your chances are reduced. Keep in mind that Hard difficulty adds 1 to the level, elite adds 2.

Also, if you're in to that sort of thing, epic dungeons should produce handsomely now.
    You may want to check Khyber..... There is "a lot" of grumbling right now...

The Twilight Avengers are always recruiting - http://twilightavengersofeberron.yuku.com/topic/655

So, what you're saying is that capped characters will have a handful of quests they can run on non-epic difficulty have any real chance of pulling renown. That's just not right. How many quests are there out there, even with the higher difficulty levels that will give a 20 the full chance of gaining renown?

Um, you do realize DDO has a severe problem if you take this philosophy, right?

Notice the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Trillea View Post
    Naah, they won't. It's turbine's policy now that epic IS the endgame, at least it seems so according to the latest Fernando Paiz interview in the other thread..
    I'll be the first one to say that epic isn't for everyone.

I'll also say that we're not done tweaking the system. I'm giving you some insight into how it is working and what the intentions were; I'm not saying it's perfect. We'll be monitoring the rate of renown and making further adjustments. Keep in mind that the system wasn't working as intended prior to the patch and that made it rather difficult to assess.

It was never our intention to make it overly worthwhile for players to farm renown by playing lower level quests. The first order of business was to fix the bugs so that drops occur legitamately. Next we can focus on adjusting the *amount* of renown dropping.

I'll also say that we're not done tweaking the system. I'm giving you some insight into how it is working and what the intentions were; I'm not saying it's perfect. We'll be monitoring the rate of renown and making further adjustments. Keep in mind that the system wasn't working as intended prior to the patch and that made it rather difficult to assess.

It was never our intention to make it overly worthwhile for players to farm renown by playing lower level quests. The first order of business was to fix the bugs so that drops occur legitamately. Next we can focus on adjusting the *amount* of renown dropping.
    Ok, fine, but that still doesn't adress the dearth of high level content for capped toons to run for renown. I mean, a single level makes that big of a difference? At least let us get full pull chance for 3 levels lower so that we can get it from the Shroud on 20s.

Quote Originally Posted by bradleyforrest View Post
    ok, Fine, But That Still Doesn't Adress The Dearth Of High Level Content For Capped Toons To Run For Renown. I Mean, A Single Level Makes That Big Of A Difference? At Least Let Us Get Full Pull Chance For 3 Levels Lower So That We Can Get It From The Shroud On 20s.
    /qfght
    Quote Originally Posted by Philam View Post
    I nominate you as head developer of DDO!
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    That tears it. I need to get a donkey.
    Concentrated power is the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

If you look at some of these quests, take Chamber of Insanity for example which is CR 5 on Normal, your level 9 character is over 4 levels higher. Not much glory in that. Your chances of pulling renown in a chest is not zero, but it's not very high. While you might have scored much better prior to the patch in this situation, it was never intended to work that way.

Now if we had come up with a system that rewarded volume of quests done in 2 hours, I think you'd be more than eligible.
    On a TR toon, wearing more Raid Gear than most see in career, all the quests are realitvily easy. The problem is this rendetion of the character doesn't have any self-contained healing and I am relying on the Hireling... Who Zergs more often than I would like to see, but that's another issue.

The reason I listed everything out and not just the quests at my level was I did pull some Renown out of the lower level quests. Havedasher on elite for example (Level 4) I pulled a 50 Renown Token, yet Delara's (6, 7, 8, 8), and my attempt at Gwylan's Stand (8) NO renown what so ever, that is several hundred mobs and at least 20 chests.

And yes, it was two contracts of Kendra so it could be as much as 4 hours, but I pretty sure it was closer to 2 hours than 3 hours...

I took a toon off a different account who is on her first incarnation (level 6) and got next to squat nothing in four level 6 quests (one 50 Renown Token) however I took her into Tear and before I had to leave I earned like 90 Renown with 1 50 token and 40 in mobs through the underwater room.

So I have to say it appears to me something isn't working correctly.

The Twilight Avengers are always recruiting - http://twilightavengersofeberron.yuku.com/topic/655

Level 4 Character (1 Rogue / 3 Monk)
    Quests Done Daily:

• Storehouse Secret: Normal, Hard, Elite
    • Heyton's Rest: Normal, Hard, Elite
    • Collaborator: Normal, Hard, Elite
    • Cannith Crystal: Normal, Hard
    • The Sunken Sewer: Normal, Hard
    • Missing in Action: Normal, Hard
    • Millers Debt: Solo
    • Kobolds New Ringleader: Normal, Hard
    • Information is Key: Normal, Hard, Elite
    • Haverdasher: Normal, Hard
    • Garrison's Missing Pack: Normal, Hard
    • Durk's Got a Secret: Normal, Hard, Elite
    • Bringing the Light: Normal, Hard, Elite
    • Stopping the Sahuagin, Normal, Hard

Guild renown Pre patch: 1000-2000
    Guild renown Post patch: ~300 (discounting small guild bonus)

I was expecting to easily be earning 3000-4000 a once I saw the effect of the small guild bonus day but instead I'm not even earning 1000.

Since the patch I have yet to see a Guild renown reward as an end quest reward whereas before the patch I would see them from half the quests.

In other news, Small Guild Bonus doesn't seem to be working correctly:

6 Account (level 9) guild +140% Small guild bonus (50 renown was giving +70 for 120 renown)
    2 Account (level 1-3) guild +120% Small guild bonus (50 renown is giving +60 for 110 renown)
    Last edited by Ebondevil; 07-22-2010 at 01:52 PM. Reason: Checked MyDDO for my old guilds Size

Epic renown is better now, though nothing spectacular. Impressives are more frequent. Legendaries are there but not too frequent, which is fine. IMO though, Valor should be the minimum that drops in epic. Heroics are still the most frequent renown in epics (when renown drops).

Kill renown is a lot more frequent too. The randomness on the points though seems weird. For the same kill, some people get 100 renown, some 15, some 5, others none. How does this work?
    Endure... In enduring, grow strong...
    -- Dak'kon, of the People

Sarezar

Quote Originally Posted by GoldyGopher View Post
    On a TR toon, wearing more Raid Gear than most see in career, all the quests are realitvily easy. The problem is this rendetion of the character doesn't have any self-contained healing and I am relying on the Hireling... Who Zergs more often than I would like to see, but that's another issue.

The reason I listed everything out and not just the quests at my level was I did pull some Renown out of the lower level quests. Havedasher on elite for example (Level 4) I pulled a 50 Renown Token, yet Delara's (6, 7, 8, 8), and my attempt at Gwylan's Stand (8) NO renown what so ever, that is several hundred mobs and at least 20 chests.

And yes, it was two contracts of Kendra so it could be as much as 4 hours, but I pretty sure it was closer to 2 hours than 3 hours...

I took a toon off a different account who is on her first incarnation (level 6) and got next to squat nothing in four level 6 quests (one 50 Renown Token) however I took her into Tear and before I had to leave I earned like 90 Renown with 1 50 token and 40 in mobs through the underwater room.

So I have to say it appears to me something isn't working correctly.
    That's always possible and why we appreciate the feedback.

When you run quests at level, you have a 20% chance of finding renown in chests. For every level you're above the quest level, that chance is reduced by 4%. So if you're 3 levels over, you're looking at an 8% chance to find renown.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    /snip
    Since the patch I have yet to see a Guild renown reward as an end quest reward whereas before the patch I would see them from half the quests.
    This^^ running the Bloody Crypt series with the wife and neither of us were offered any renown for End rewards, lvl 5-6 quests with level 6/7 characters.

Could just be unlucky but there does seem to be a common issue running through this thread with end rewards
    Leader of Shrodingers Cat Support Group a Husband and Wife guild on Orien.
    Tolkiens Law: Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.
    Dresdens corollary:
    Screw subtle!

Thumbs down A wild guess...

I guess nobody here want to use capped toons to run quests in Korthos to get favor for their guilds. You know that, I know that, devs maybe know that... And in the same place that epic isn't for everyone, not all the guys play it or like it.

For people, like me, that have capped toons, don't like epic, don't want to play epic, are you telling us, MadFloyd, that we get a big nada for playing high level quests if we play in normal or hard? With my capped toons I use to play Inspired, Amrath, Vale... I don't use to play raids, don't like that play style at all, I prefer quests and that is the only thing I can play due the lack of high level real content (not some 'transform lvl 5 mobs into walls and sent players to hit them' ) and you are, more or less, telling me that I can kiss my capped toons' favor goodbye unless I play the things YOU want us to play? Terrific, and I was thinking guild favor change was to promote NON FARMING and actual playing...

A free advice: Fix the thing (I consider it now broken) to award renown in groups of levels... I mean, pcs between 15 to 20 get favor for running quests in that range, no matter if is a 20 playing a 15 level quest or a level 15 playing a 20 in Armath. That could make the thing more even... I know that a level 20 wizard killing level 5 kobolds in Harbor isn't for heroes and don't make a reputation, but if we HAVEN'T another thing to save or fight, we need to fight something the closer possible, if you know what I'm meaning...

That, or drop the 'Swamp Thing paradise' of Update 6 and give us some level 20 quest line to work with >_<

Si non confectus, non reficiat

Community Member

Nevermind.. Of course you do... LOL
    Last edited by smatt; 07-22-2010 at 03:05 PM.

Two Level 7 (was lv 6) Characters

All The Depths quest: elite till ransacked at level = no renown for end rewards, 4 to 6 from chests.
    Ruined Halls: normal till ransacked = no renown for end rewards or 1 or 2 from chests.
    The Forgotten Caverns: normal, till ransacked = no renown for end rewards or 1 or 2 from chests.

In other news, Small Guild Bonus doesn't seem to be working correctly:

3-5 Account (level 9) guild +140% Small guild bonus (50 renown was giving +70 for 120 renown)
    2 Account (level 1-3) guild +120% Small guild bonus (50 renown is giving +60 for 110 renown)

I notice this to. Except when I drop one account from my guild (lv 10) of 4 down to 3 accts the bonus renown bonus drop down to (50 base + 60 small guild bonus). When I had 4 accts it was 50 base + 70 small guild bonus.
    HEY, I'M TRYING TO SOLVE THAT!
    STOP TOUCHING MY PUZZLE!
    TOUCH MY PUZZLE ONE MORE TIME AND YOU'LL BE SORRY!
    PEOPLE LIKE YOU ARE WHAT'S WRONG WITH THIS GAME -- I QUIT! AND YOU SHALL DIE!

Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast