Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default Introducing The Risia Ice Games!

We’re pleased to introduce the Risia Ice Games! Available to players of all levels, test your skills on our series of slippery slopes, or just relax with friends as you glide across the ice. To get in on the action, visit the following regions:

The Harbor
    • An ice skating rink is available at the base of the Lighthouse!
    • The ice jump begins at the top of the Harbor cliff behind the Harbormaster’s House!

House Phiarlan
    • An icy half-pipe is available at the back of the Bogwater Tavern!

Collect the floating white, blue, and purple ice coins and trade them with the powerful wizard, Jack Frostbite, for wondrous icy gifts, crafting recipe cards, and frosty ingredients for the Risian Eldritch Device at the Lighthouse! Jack can be found at the Bogwater half-pipe or by the Lighthouse ice rink helping to keep the ice cold! If you find your winter sporting skills lacking, you can still earn ice coins by doing some good old fashion clobbering! Hunt down fire creatures in quests, adventure areas, and raids, who can also drop the ice coins!

Need more speed to reach the extra valuable ice coins? Tired of falling down and being laughed at by your friends in the rink? Ice skates are available for rent in exchange for ice tokens. The skates will prevent you from falling on the ice, and also give you some extra speed. Look for the rental NPC at the ice rink!

Also be sure to check the DDO Store for fun wintery items!

Remember: The Risia Ice Games are available Thursdays through Sundays in February!
    Last edited by Tolero; 02-08-2010 at 09:19 AM.

2015 DDO Players Council Ironforge_Clan's Avatar

Sorry T and the rest of the staff but I don't really care when so many things that should be fixed, upgraded, etc just aren't being done. You want to code fluff then deal with issues like armor skin changes, guild housing, etc.
    Axebiter, Cujo, Runeforge, Runefury, Runegoth, Runehealer, Runehamer, Runehorde, Runenight, Runesongs, Runezephyr
    And the forgotten: Runeaura, Runedevourer, Herstinkie, Runewolf,
    Caught somewhere between casual player and power gamer.

Cool Sounds fun...

On the contrary, I can't wait to get home and shred it up a bit for some icey loots. I am pleased your staff has taken the time to add something likes this in. You should do more of it. Oh, yeah and more world event encounters..
    I am certain that all of you at Turbine are working furiously to make the changes we seek. So , in the mean time...go shred it up and grab some coins!!!
    Dravun , Yocoba, Daivik, and so many more.
    Proud to serve the Imperial Assassins!
    Do not drink the awesome-sauce......One must BE the awesome-sauce.

I would say first and foremost, put in a search feature for the Auction House, then add all the fluff you want.
    When I told them I wanted to be a comedian, they all laughed at me, but I showed them. I became a comedian, no one is laughing now.

Community Member

Ironforge, that post was the equivalent of walking up to a little baby developer and popping the big red balloon they were holding. Maybe it's because it hasn't been cold enough here for ice skating yet, but I appreciate the little distractions from the big bugs.

would have rather had half-orcs

Quote Originally Posted by Ritesign View Post
    Ironforge, that post was the equivalent of walking up to a little baby developer and popping the big red balloon they were holding. Maybe it's because it hasn't been cold enough here for ice skating yet, but I appreciate the little distractions from the big bugs.
    No that was me saying in the nicest way possible to avoid infraction points that I'm not pleased. You want distractions go watch reality TV. I would like the multitude of player issues/complaints that we have voiced since launch addressed.
    Axebiter, Cujo, Runeforge, Runefury, Runegoth, Runehealer, Runehamer, Runehorde, Runenight, Runesongs, Runezephyr

Hatchery Founder
    2014 DDO Players Council

I, myself, will thoroughly enjoy the Risia Ice games. Now if I can just figure out how to use that silly half-pipe.
    RedShirt / Roleplayer of Giant Slayers, Inc. on Thelanis, formerly Tharashk.
    Member of the DDO Player Council

Coldin-Artificer; Lynton-Bard; Alydyn-Swashbuckler;
    Takai-
    Monk; Rosein-Paladin; Ellyiana-Cleric; Aurixs-Sorcerer

it was figured out on the Lama forums...
    Thelanis - Proud Officer of DWAT
    Merkury - McKormic - Nykole - Merkormic - Mckorc - Gemineye - Magisterr - Metaphysics

Quote Originally Posted by kingfisher View Post
    would have rather had half-orcs

Anyone think of a better farming quest that the level 6 house k with the meps and respawnimg fire eles?

I ask because I hate farming, but have six weapons I want to add the icey burst to.....need 1800 of these as fast as possible (ps, buying on Cannith in min stacks of 50. Hehe.)

Vorps and wops and the like....I have a min level 2 no rr +1 true law pure good great axe that with icey burst would compliment the malestom nicely. Heck, may need more than 1800.....
    Last edited by Varr; 02-03-2010 at 10:39 AM.
    Varr's all over. Cannith Varr getting the love currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    crafting recipe cards,...
    Finally. I always thought these should be available in game either as drops or turn in rewards (instead of on 3rd party websites). These should be available for all crafting mechanisms.
    Ghallanda: Neatoelf15wiz/1rgr, Neetoelf17wiz, NeatoManhuman13rog/6pal/1mnk, NeatoHombrehuman12ftr/6pal/2rog, Kneetoedwarf17clr, Kneedoughdrow18clr/2mnk

Minimize expectations and you'll never be disappointed

Quote Originally Posted by Varr View Post
    Anyone think of a better farming quest that the level 6 house k with the meps and respawnimg fire eles?
    That quest got me 20 coins in a few minutes...couldnt think of a better place to farm
    Thelanis - Proud Officer of DWAT
    Merkury - McKormic - Nykole - Merkormic - Mckorc - Gemineye - Magisterr - Metaphysics

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ironforge_Clan View Post
    No that was me saying in the nicest way possible to avoid infraction points that I'm not pleased. You want distractions go watch reality TV. I would like the multitude of player issues/complaints that we have voiced since launch addressed.
    I'm sure you are probably aware of this, or maybe you aren't.

New content = graphical team to make stuff pretty, and quest designers who use a ddo toolkit to create dungeons.

Bugs = going through lines of code.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedwin View Post
    I'm sure you are probably aware of this, or maybe you aren't.

New content = graphical team to make stuff pretty, and quest designers who use a ddo toolkit to create dungeons.

Bugs = going through lines of code.
    Your point? I'm not just asking for the bugs to be fixed which I admit they have done in some cases but haven't in others. They can change our hair color and styles (which to my knowledge was never asked for) but they can't do that with our armors? If they want to add pretty stuff give us guild/player housing. Don't presume that I'm just asking for the code to be fixed. I'll take fluff but make sure it is the stuff that the players have been asking/begging for not something like this. To me, and it is just my opinion, this is wasted resources and time that could have been better spent doing something else.

Community Member UnderwearModel's Avatar

Default Oh My

Hmmmm, yes, I will spend a couple minutes at it.

But this seems to have less value than PVP for me. And I have not EVER done PVP.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    Monster AI tends to be a limitation of the engine - smart AIs cause more server lag. Boy am I going to get quoted on that or what.
    I survived the scary events in 2009, 2010, and 2011. 2011 did not reward those that played by the rules.

Arrow

In game activities are always appreciated. Should be fun!

~
    If we shrank our solar system to the size of a Quarter, and lay it at your feet, the Milky Way galaxy would still be larger than North America. ~NASA Perspective anyone?

Sorry T and the rest of the staff but I don't really care when so many things that should be fixed, upgraded, etc just aren't being done. You want to code fluff then deal with issues like armor skin changes, guild housing, etc.

first off what you listed as issues, arent issues, they are wants and secondly how do you know things that are in need of fixing arent being worked on?
    Sarlona--Radiation, Liquidation

Quote Originally Posted by gemineye View Post
    That quest got me 20 coins in a few minutes...couldnt think of a better place to farm

Did they fall one for all, or first come first served.

Ie get three or so casters rotating map killing respawns as fast as they can pop, pilling up coins to pick up.......or just solo?
    Varr's all over. Cannith Varr getting the love currently.

Community Member

Your point?
    My point being, the people who make new content are in a different department than the ones who fix bugs.

It's like yelling at the marketing department about a bug... the most they could do is put a banner on it.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast