Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This quest was nicely done. very simple till the end tho. make it harder up until the end. soloing on my healing cleric, i couldnt take down the end guy. not even close lol. i'll have to move some spells around and experiment a bit. i agree with dark, this is what an end fight should be modeled after. at least i hope he's as difficult in a group setting as he was solo.

R
    ---------------------
    Faskin-Lorich-Lorichae-Lorichei-Loriches-Lorichh-Lorichha-Lorichie-Lorichies-Lorichiette-Lorichisoul-Lorricch-Lorrich

Quote Originally Posted by hydra_ex
    Has anyone tested his DR type yet? I'd assume its crystal. Can anyone confirm?
    My Muck's Doom (which has the Crystal Property now) did not bypass his DR.
    Server - Thelanis
    Diaries of a True Reincarnate (Wizard, Sorcerer, Melee, Divine, Artificer, Druid)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrCow View Post
    My Muck's Doom (which has the Crystal Property now) did not bypass his DR.
    Maybe he works like a devil boss, and requires Crystal + Good...!

You'll have to reincarnate as a paladin and use Muck Doom again.

Default Terror?

IIRC- Terror (the great sword out of the mind sunder) is a crystal great sword in the description.

For those curious, the Devourer of Dreams has SR 39 on normal (as it was mentioned his SR is high).

Quote Originally Posted by Angelus_dead
    Maybe he works like a devil boss, and requires Crystal + Good...!

You'll have to reincarnate as a paladin and use Muck Doom again.
    Nah, you mentioned it, so I'll leave that in your hands. I'll even send the Muck's Doom your way if ya get a paladin up there.
    Last edited by MrCow; 12-06-2009 at 05:09 AM.
    Server - Thelanis
    Diaries of a True Reincarnate (Wizard, Sorcerer, Melee, Divine, Artificer, Druid)

Quote Originally Posted by MrCow View Post
    For those curious, the Devourer of Dreams has SR 39 on normal (as it was mentioned his SR is high).

Nah, you mentioned it, so I'll leave that in your hands. I'll even send the Muck's Doom your way if ya get a paladin up there.
    Thanks, I knew it was over 34, but could not see any of my successes due to a limited amount of data on that still visiable. (I did not have any channel set up just to track that...like I do with some other things.)

Muckbane did not bypass either (tried that last night for a bit, nothing but yellow numbers) which reinforces the Crystal + Good aspect.

The Nightmare Skull swarms definitely make the last part a more dynamic challenge. If they were not there, it would be a trivial exercise with any sort of good dps type beating him down, with someone occasionally healing them. (Low CHA/WIS types will be having issues...a Good Paly might not need much help...) Those swarms however are an issue. In our trio last night, the ranger was able to kite them around for good periods of time. It seems that if you Kill them, you get a short interval of none of them, but then they come back. They remind me of the Air Elementals in Reaver. From a game perspective, you are almost helpless when inside one (both as a character and player). If it is swirling around the guy(s) fighting the end boss that is an issue, since it creates a weird anti friendly healing aura about them.

Given that we had two level 17s and one underequipped lvl 20 barb in a level 20 quest, not bad, but it was pushing our resources. If we three had had our live versions of our characters in here, I do not think it would have been much of an issue. (Better DPS, better feats and enhancements, better gear, and casting abilities.)
    Sarlona - The Ko Brotherhood :Jareko-Elf Ranger12Rogue8+4E; Hennako-Human Cleric22; Rukio-Human Paladin18; Taellya-Halfling Rogue16; Zenako-Dwarf Fighter10Cleric1; Daniko-Drow Bard20; Kerriganko-Human Cleric18; Buket-WF Fighter6; Xenophilia-Human Wiz20; Zenakotwo-Dwarf Cleric16; Yadnomko-Halfling Ftr12; Gabiko-Human Bard15; lots more

I assume we need to make glass weapons, but not sure how they are done. I suspect the glass bypasses the end guy's DR or regen (not sure which). He can be beat with lots of DPS, full party would help, but I was able to do it while duoing with a barbarian.
    DDOcast - A weekly podcast about DDO!
    Characters: Sarlona: Mockduck (Cleric): Beefheart (Fighter): Mockduk (Ranger/Rogue): Monkduck (Monk): Veiovis (Fvs/Rog) Guild: Mockduck (Rogue) Cannith: Mockduck (Fvs/Rogue) Twitter Facebook

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12