Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Irked View Post
    That is very true, the option to clutter your screen with a massivly oversized graphic, and to trash all the hard work you have put into your characters for the last few years is completly optional. I mean really just because i already rerolled my fav character 7 times to get the build just right, hell why not do it again, I mean at least this time i cant eat the tomes at creation like i did all the others, thats just great. So to sum it up, as i understand half if not more of the eq i have been saving for the last 3 years will be destroyed. The terribly few precious tomes i have found will be destroyed. All the favor my guild spent countless hours on trying to acquire is gone. And i get to rerun korthos and ww 2x more then i had to last time. Oh this sounds great, i cant imagine why anyone wouldnt want to do this.
    Then don't do it... Sheesh...

Also keeping all your raid gear is a pretty big deal... Not really trashing "all the hard work"... You rerolled 7 times before and had to regain raid gear... What's wrong with 1 (or 2) more rerolls where you get to keep all that gear?
    Last edited by Thrudh; 10-09-2009 at 09:18 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    Some people brag about how fast they finished the game. I cant think of a stupider thing to brag about. Or in this game, going from level 1 to level 30 in two days, or however long it takes. I can't even begin to imagine what drives a person to think that is fun. You are ignoring all of the content and options and going for sheer speed. It is like going to a museum and bragging about how fast you made it through. Or bragging about how fast you finished a good steak.

Thrudh:
    DDOwiki.com, #1 source for DDO information.

Quote Originally Posted by Borror0 View Post
    Thrudh:

sorry
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013
    Some people brag about how fast they finished the game. I cant think of a stupider thing to brag about. Or in this game, going from level 1 to level 30 in two days, or however long it takes. I can't even begin to imagine what drives a person to think that is fun. You are ignoring all of the content and options and going for sheer speed. It is like going to a museum and bragging about how fast you made it through. Or bragging about how fast you finished a good steak.

When you true reincarnate, you'll end up with a new feat called "Past Life: Cleric", or the like. Those act as prerequisites for other (new) feats such as "Initiate of the Faith".

Past Life: Initiate of the Faith
    Prereq: Past Life: Cleric
    Benefit: You recall more about your past life as a cleric. You have +2 to your Heal skill, and can produce a Healing Word effect three times per rest. Positive energy is channeled to heal light wounds of your target or damage undead for 1d4 hit points plus an additional 1d4 per two caster levels. Undead who make a successful Will save reduce the damage by half.

the option to clutter your screen with a massivly oversized graphic
    I think many people are seriously overestimating how much larger true reincarnated characters are. No HalflingGodzillas rampaging across House Jorasco, sorry. A double reincarnated human is still shorter than a Warforged.

Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    When you true reincarnate, you'll end up with a new feat called "Past Life: Cleric", or the like. Those act as prerequisites for other (new) feats such as "Initiate of the Faith".

Benefit: You recall more about your past life as a cleric. You have +2 to your Heal skill, and can produce a Healing Word effect three times per rest. Positive energy is channeled to heal light wounds of your target or damage undead for 1d4 hit points plus an additional 1d4 per two caster levels. Undead who make a successful Will save reduce the damage by half.

I think many people are seriously overestimating how much larger true reincarnated characters are. No HalflingGodzillas rampaging across House Jorasco, sorry. A double reincarnated human is still shorter than a Warforged.

Thanks for the feedback. That spins a new light on things, and also raises the question about multiclass toons as well. Dominate class determines?

Sounds much more like a small flavor feat than one to uberize a build that runs just one short of its goal.

As for the size thing, WHAT, me wanna see Halfling Barbarian HULKS with Green Skins stomping around House J mashing the butterflies into paste.... grrrrr
    Sarlona - The Ko Brotherhood :Jareko-Elf Ranger12Rogue8+4E; Hennako-Human Cleric22; Rukio-Human Paladin18; Taellya-Halfling Rogue16; Zenako-Dwarf Fighter10Cleric1; Daniko-Drow Bard20; Kerriganko-Human Cleric18; Buket-WF Fighter6; Xenophilia-Human Wiz20; Zenakotwo-Dwarf Cleric16; Yadnomko-Halfling Ftr12; Gabiko-Human Bard15; lots more

Interesting... when can we see them all? Also how are multi-classed characters handled? If I'm a sorc/paladin, do I get the Past Life:Sorc AND Past Life:Paladin feats?

I don't think I like the fact that you have to SPEND a feat to get these new effects... Shouldn't these new abilities be enhancements instead?

Also, the feat you describe above mentions caster level. So this would be pretty worthless to a cleric who respecced into a paladin? Shouldn't that be character level? (These look like dragonmark level effects to me). Because a cleric who respecs back into a cleric doesn't really need this extra healing power...
    Last edited by Thrudh; 10-09-2009 at 09:29 AM.

So your ok with paying 40$ to buy something you already spent years working hard to get? Wow are you hireing cause i think i need your job. Sorry to say some of us just keeping up on the vip status is more then some of us should technically spend in a month. I and many others are not ok with just trashing what we worked hard for an chance to play the exact same content over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over (that was 20) just for a slim chance to replace 1 tome. Tomes dont exactly fall on every 20th run, actually with the exception of the shroud its very rare to see a +tome on a 20th increment at least from my experiences. And the exception being the shroud most ppl want the cleansing essences more then the tomes by that point. So by all means keep saying fork over your check to turbine do it you know you want to, it will not be ok for the the general majority. Not to mention those of us that ate +int tomes back when there was no lvl req, so not only does my eq have to be destroyed so i have room to carry low lvl ****, and all my tomes i spent long long time grinding and trading for, but im actually ganna have less skill points on the rebuild for a +2 bonus to my stats? This is a joke right? Sorry to say it was hard to bring myself back after all the previous failed promises to bring new content, now to be told the next new thing is the old stuff again, im ready to find a new company to give my money to.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenako View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. That spins a new light on things, and also raises the question about multiclass toons as well. Dominate class determines?
    Correct, you gain the Past Life of your dominant class. If you True Reincarnate again, you keep your old Past Life feat from your first incarnation, and add a second from your dominant class from this life (if it was different).

Here's the current list of Past Life feats:

Past Life: Berserker's Fury
    You recall more about your past life as a barbarian. You have +2 to your Intimidate skill and can enter a barbarian rage once per rest. Activate this barbarian ability to enter a bloodthirsty frenzy, granting you a +4 bonus to Strength and Constitution, a +2 Morale bonus to Will saves, and a -2 penalty to AC. When the rage ends, however, you will lose the hit points granted to you by increased Constitution and become fatigued. Your rage will last for 30 seconds.

Past Life: Bardic Dilettante
    You recall more about your past life as a bard. You have +1 to all Charisma based skills and can Inspire Courage three times per rest. Activate this bard ability to rally your companions, giving them a +1 morale bonus to saves against fear effects and a +1 morale bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls before enhancements.

You recall more about your past life as a cleric. You have +2 to your Heal skill, and can produce a Healing Word effect three times per rest. Positive energy is channeled to heal light wounds of your target or damage undead for 1d4 hit points plus an additional 1d4 per two caster levels. Undead who make a successful Will save reduce the damage by half.

Past Life: Acolyte of Divine Secrets
    You recall more about your past life as a favored soul. You have +2 to your Diplomacy skill and can call down the wrath of your former deity, producing an Avenging Light effect five times per rest. Activate this favored soul ability to cause a searing orb of radiant light to smite your target, dealing 1d8 hit points of light damage plus an additional 1d8 per three caster levels. A successful Fortitude save reduces the damage by half.

Past Life: Student of the Sword
    You recall more about your past life as a fighter. You have +2 to your Intimidate skill and can remember your martial prowess three times per rest, increasing your base attack bonus to your level and granting +4 to hit.

Past Life: Disciple of the Fist
    You recall more about your past life as a monk. You have +2 to your Concentration skill and can enter an evasive trance once per rest, granting the evasion feat for a short period of time.
    Note: You must meet normal evasion requirements for this one. No medium or heavy armor, no heavy encumbrance.

Past Life: Soldier of the Faith
    You recall more about your past life as a paladin. You have +2 to your Heal skill, and can recall your bravery three times per rest, casting the Lionheart spell on yourself or an ally. Activate this paladin ability to imbue yourself or a single ally with great bravery, making them immune to fear.

Past Life: Warrior of the Wild
    You recall more about your past life as a ranger. You have +2 to your Spot skill and can produce a Ram's Might effect once per rest. Activate this ranger ability to cause your hands increase in size, granting a +2 size bonus to Strength and damage.

Past Life: Sneak of Shadows
    You recall more about your past life as a rogue. You have +1 to all skills and three times per rest you can skulk with the skill of your past life, gaining bonuses equal to your level to your hide and move silently skills, a +1 bonus to sneak attack damage for every two character levels, and a +1 bonus to hit with sneak attacks for every four levels..

Past Life: Arcane Prodigy
    You recall more about your past life as a sorcerer. Your maximum spell points are increased by 10 at first level, and 5 spell points for each additional level and can produce random elemental damage spells ten times per rest.

Past Life: Arcane Initiate
    You recall more about your past life as a wizard. You have +2 to your Concentration skill and can cast the magic missile spell ten times per rest, creating a missile of magical energy that darts forth and unerringly strikes its target inflicting 1d4+1 force damage. For every 2 caster levels beyond first you gain an additional missile, maximum 10 missiles.

Edit:
    Also, the feat you describe above mentions caster level.
    Caster Level is considered to be equal to your character level.

Quote Originally Posted by Irked View Post
    I and many others are not ok with just trashing what we worked hard for an chance to play the exact same content over and over
    YOU. DON'T. HAVE. TO.

If you rerolled your character 7 times, it's probably close to perfect... The feats don't look game-breaking (from the one example we've seen so far), so all you're missing is 2 build points...

There is no way I'm going to redo my near-perfect characters and grind through everything again.... because the benefits are small and the costs are large.

Now, my older characters.... those who need different class breakdowns, those I'll probably do... because the benefits are worth the costs.. Losing three +3 tomes is worth re-doing my barbarian/fighter/ranger who was built long before PrEs came out.

Interesting. Will have to see how long some effects last, but it looks like you could end up building a caster with evasion with the right past history. At least short term evasion.
    Sarlona - The Ko Brotherhood :Jareko-Elf Ranger12Rogue8+4E; Hennako-Human Cleric22; Rukio-Human Paladin18; Taellya-Halfling Rogue16; Zenako-Dwarf Fighter10Cleric1; Daniko-Drow Bard20; Kerriganko-Human Cleric18; Buket-WF Fighter6; Xenophilia-Human Wiz20; Zenakotwo-Dwarf Cleric16; Yadnomko-Halfling Ftr12; Gabiko-Human Bard15; lots more

LOL

Wow that list needs a lot of work.
    So if I once was a Paladin I can make folks Immune to Fear (something I can do with a cheap Remove Fear pot) and I have +2 to my Heal (Oh joy! Heal)?

But if I was a Rogue I have +1 to all skills, a cool superhide stealth ability, and an ever-increasing bonus to-hit and damage.

I guess crime does pay, eh?

yea your right, its optional and sadly underpowered by the looks of it. those cute little feats are not worth 2 years of failed tome grinding for me.

Quote Originally Posted by eonfreon View Post
    LOL

So if I once was a Paladin I can make folks Immune to Fear (something I can do with a cheap Remove Fear pot) and I have +2 to my Heal (Oh joy! Heal)?

But if I was a Rogue I have +1 to all skills, a cool superhide stealth ability, and an ever-increasing bonus to-hit and damage.

....sneak in....about time....sneaks away......

Ok.. Holy cow to you *****y people.. Unlimited has been out for a month now, they are already releasing new stuff on lamannia.. let me reiterate.. They ALREADY have new stuff for us to preview after only ONE MONTH... jeebus freakin criminy, is that not fast enough for you?! Get over your ***** fest!!!!! Don't use the new stuff if you don't want to! I for one am drooling at the thought of remaking my failed wiz/ftr as a favored soul with the new past life feats, whatever they are for wizard/fighter.

drrroooolllls.... alright I'm making a sorc -> wizard -> sorc and I will be happy....

that is all

Correct, you gain the Past Life of your dominant class. If you True Reincarnate again, you keep your old Past Life feat from your first incarnation, and add a second from your dominant class from this life (if it was different).

You recall more about your past life as a barbarian. You have +2 to your Intimidate skill and can enter a barbarian rage once per rest. Activate this barbarian ability to enter a bloodthirsty frenzy, granting you a +4 bonus to Strength and Constitution, a +2 Morale bonus to Will saves, and a -2 penalty to AC. When the rage ends, however, you will lose the hit points granted to you by increased Constitution and become fatigued. Your rage will last for 30 seconds.

You recall more about your past life as a bard. You have +1 to all Charisma based skills and can Inspire Courage three times per rest. Activate this bard ability to rally your companions, giving them a +1 morale bonus to saves against fear effects and a +1 morale bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls before enhancements.

You recall more about your past life as a cleric. You have +2 to your Heal skill, and can produce a Healing Word effect three times per rest. Positive energy is channeled to heal light wounds of your target or damage undead for 1d4 hit points plus an additional 1d4 per two caster levels. Undead who make a successful Will save reduce the damage by half.

You recall more about your past life as a favored soul. You have +2 to your Diplomacy skill and can call down the wrath of your former deity, producing an Avenging Light effect five times per rest. Activate this favored soul ability to cause a searing orb of radiant light to smite your target, dealing 1d8 hit points of light damage plus an additional 1d8 per three caster levels. A successful Fortitude save reduces the damage by half.

You recall more about your past life as a fighter. You have +2 to your Intimidate skill and can remember your martial prowess three times per rest, increasing your base attack bonus to your level and granting +4 to hit.

You recall more about your past life as a monk. You have +2 to your Concentration skill and can enter an evasive trance once per rest, granting the evasion feat for a short period of time.
    Note: You must meet normal evasion requirements for this one. No medium or heavy armor, no heavy encumbrance.

You recall more about your past life as a paladin. You have +2 to your Heal skill, and can recall your bravery three times per rest, casting the Lionheart spell on yourself or an ally. Activate this paladin ability to imbue yourself or a single ally with great bravery, making them immune to fear.

You recall more about your past life as a ranger. You have +2 to your Spot skill and can produce a Ram's Might effect once per rest. Activate this ranger ability to cause your hands increase in size, granting a +2 size bonus to Strength and damage.

You recall more about your past life as a rogue. You have +1 to all skills and three times per rest you can skulk with the skill of your past life, gaining bonuses equal to your level to your hide and move silently skills, a +1 bonus to sneak attack damage for every two character levels, and a +1 bonus to hit with sneak attacks for every four levels..

You recall more about your past life as a sorcerer. Your maximum spell points are increased by 10 at first level, and 5 spell points for each additional level and can produce random elemental damage spells ten times per rest.

You recall more about your past life as a wizard. You have +2 to your Concentration skill and can cast the magic missile spell ten times per rest, creating a missile of magical energy that darts forth and unerringly strikes its target inflicting 1d4+1 force damage. For every 2 caster levels beyond first you gain an additional missile, maximum 10 missiles.

Edit:

Yikes... thanks for the list...

So these feats are free? Before it sounded like you had to spend a feat to get these abilities...

I forsee some crazy crazy builds coming out... where people build a first character planning to trash it twice, just to get these feats for the final character...

How long does the monk evasion and the fighter one last?

Does the Ram's Might last 1 minute/level? 20 minutes of free Ram's Might on any character seems a bit much...

That sorc SP one would be pretty sweet for certain builds too...

Community Member juniorpfactors's Avatar

Edit:

is there someone out there who would start over a solid built toon to add any of the above, a quick glance shows a bunch of seriously underpowered nonscience, the casters stuff is something i guess....but to loose all your tomes, raid gears and flagged characters to rerun the same content, who is seeing value here?
    jrp
    Last edited by juniorpfactors; 10-09-2009 at 09:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by eonfreon View Post
    LOL

They are probably trying to make up for the rogue capstone. lol
    there's one thing you never put in a trap if you're smart. If you value your continued existence. If you have any plans on seeing tomorrow then there's one thing you never, ever put in a trap.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    So these feats are free? Before it sounded like you had to spend a feat to get these abilities...
    "Past Life: <class>" is free.
    "Past Life: <more interesting name with abilities that has the above feat as a prereq>" costs a feat slot.

May be worth it to get some healing ability, or a superior version of Mental Toughness, or ...

Quote Originally Posted by juniorpfactors View Post
    is there someone out there who would start over a solid built toon to add any of the above, a quick glance shows a bunch of seriously underpowered nonscience, the casters stuff is something i guess....but to loose all your tomes, raid gears and flagged characters to rerun the same content, who is seeing value here? ex: soc with 4-5 greensteels and a skivver and such raid items, hmm let me True resurrect for......??

jrp
    Not many would be doing it JUST for these feats (although some might). IT would be the entire combination of effects of the True Rein that makes or breaks the decision.

Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast