Community Manager

Default New Forums Arrive May 3rd! Registration Information For Wednesday Here!

The new forums for Dungeons & Dragons Online arrive on May 3rd! This message will let you know what you need to do. Please read our other article here for further information about the new DDO Forums.

We expect the new forums to be available sometime in the late morning Eastern time of May 3rd, depending on work taking place that morning to make the forums visible and open. When the new forums are visible, you should be able to register a new forum account using the game account credentials you currently use to log into the game.

Once logged in, you will be asked to select a Forum Display Name. You can change your name in the future, once per week, so you can change it in a week if you wish. Once registered, you will be logged into the new DDO Forums. If you are not automatically redirected, you should be logged in here: https://forums.ddo.com/index.php

If you encounter any issues or have any concerns we can address, send a ticket to Community/Forum Support here: https://help.standingstonegames.com/...s/requests/new Make sure to provide your Forum Display Name if applicable!

We will not permit people to deliberately take someone else's forum name, and if you do you can expect to get re-named by us with or without notice, and face additional moderation if your name stealing is deliberate. In most cases it will be clear, and for other name disputes we will sort it out in the coming days.

Thank you! Remember the existing forums will remain visible but locked to log in here: http://forums-old.ddo.com/ You should feel free to copy over any old threads you wish to see placed into the new forums. Have fun!
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post
    Will we start out with new Post Counts or can I start my # of posts indicator in the new forums at 11,622?
    11,624 now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The release notes themselves are essentially the same as was seen on Lamannia most recently.
    This^, in so many words, is how you say time and feedback on Lamannia are wasted.

Community Member

Default Why?

The new forums for Dungeons & Dragons Online arrive on May 3rd! This message will let you know what you need to do. Please read our other article here for further information about the new DDO Forums.

We expect the new forums to be available sometime in the late morning Eastern time of May 3rd, depending on work taking place that morning to make the forums visible and open. When the new forums are visible, you should be able to register a new forum account using the game account credentials you currently use to log into the game.

Once logged in, you will be asked to select a Forum Display Name. You can change your name in the future, once per week, so you can change it in a week if you wish. Once registered, you will be logged into the new DDO Forums. If you are not automatically redirected, you should be logged in here: https://forums.ddo.com/index.php

If you encounter any issues or have any concerns we can address, send a ticket to Community/Forum Support here: https://help.standingstonegames.com/...s/requests/new Make sure to provide your Forum Display Name if applicable!

We will not permit people to deliberately take someone else's forum name, and if you do you can expect to get re-named by us with or without notice, and face additional moderation if your name stealing is deliberate. In most cases it will be clear, and for other name disputes we will sort it out in the coming days.

Thank you! Remember the existing forums will remain visible but locked to log in here: http://forums-old.ddo.com/ You should feel free to copy over any old threads you wish to see placed into the new forums. Have fun!
    Why?

http://forums-old.ddo.com/ You should feel free to copy over any old threads you wish to see placed into the new forums. Have fun!
    Do you mean remake old threads/restart old threads or just start new thread and link the old thread?

Question: I have a custom Avatar from? I don't remember, I remember submitting the img of my main but I don't remember what precipitated it... Movember maybe? Anyways, will we be able to get those custom Avatars on the new forum?

What about Hall of Fame threads? Maybe a Stickied thread with a list of links to the Original Hall of Fame threads might be a good idea... there's only a couple of pages of them.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Do you mean remake old threads/restart old threads or just start new thread and link the old thread?

Question: I have a custom Avatar from? I don't remember, I remember submitting the img of my main but I don't remember what precipitated it... Movember maybe? Anyways, will we be able to get those custom Avatars on the new forum?

What about Hall of Fame threads? Maybe a Stickied thread with a list of links to the Original Hall of Fame threads might be a good idea... there's only a couple of pages of them.
    You can do either, but the best info should probably get its own thread in the new forums.

You will be able to select your own avatar. PM me on the new forums sometime soon and I can see if I can dig up your old avatar.

Hall of Fame threads will stay with the old forums. We'll create a new Hall of Fame over time for the new forums.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Default Bye to old friendly conversations

I take it that all our PMs will also be gone, so I had to check in and read them one last time.

I will miss all the previous Dev names who conversed since 2006 in a kind manner and not blindly ban people without proof. Thanks to those who ran with us for years.
    Oh, that's easy. I didn't farm them. I just cheated. -Meghan
    Quote Originally Posted by 404error View Post
    lol, I didnt give it a QA pass.

Changing display names every week.

Mixed feelings about that one. We get to know one another mainly by our forum handles, and seems like anyone wanting to change their name constantly is likely gonna be someone who likes starting chaos. /opinion.

IIWII.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    Collectibles

I wonder if the new forum names will accept full unicode characters.
    1776 Growing Liberty for Centuries 2022

Once logged in, you will be asked to select a Forum Display Name. You can change your name in the future, once per week, so you can change it in a week if you wish.
    Posting on a forum means people get to know who you are by your displayed forum name. Some names gain credibility, others raise red flags over time.

Being able to change your name at will once per week means there is much less accountability and thus makes it more like that those you like that sort of thing can and will be posting in unwanted way.

I consider that a very bad idea. Please reconsider.
    Member of Spellswords on Ghallanda

You will be able to select your own avatar. PM me on the new forums sometime soon and I can see if I can dig up your old avatar.
    What about the forum titles? I got this one from Movember years ago.

Lightbulb

I logged In and idid not ask any thing just went to same old form

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Helmet View Post
    I take it that all our PMs will also be gone, so I had to check in and read them one last time.

I will miss all the previous Dev names who conversed since 2006 in a kind manner and not blindly ban people without proof. Thanks to those who ran with us for years.

None did this as I recall - especially present moderators I am told.
    Gordion ~ Jaheira ~ Piccolo
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------