Community Member

Default Any good builds for Tiefling Scoundrel PL's?

Any good builds for Tiefling Scoundrel PL's?

Frozen swash bard? Not sure this stuff is any good anymore.

I cannot find anything and not interested in raging with a barb due to spell casting and healing issues while raging.

Anything that will get me zooming to 30 asap to get racials.

I am not staying at cap.

36 pt, 8+ tomes and 6 Racial PL's
    Last edited by ccd1977; 04-27-2023 at 10:05 AM.

To be fair, the swashbuckling barbarian for that handaxe approach doesn't have to rage to get most of the benefits, my own is a 13bard/5barb/2fighter & literally never uses rage but is a very solid performer, though I like him best as a shadarkai because of the chains.

If you're not specifically after the bard past life too then it depends somewhat on what other past lives you haven't maxed yet (since you'll get class ones with the iTR), an EK/PM build could work well for the spell penetration which is always handy, or maybe go with druid, blightcaster is a lot of fun & since it's newer, i'd guess you probably don't have that one maxed yet? Essentially stat it out for those & just suck it up that you're losing out on the pure class capstone.
    I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was, now what's it is weird and scary to me.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyDuck81 View Post
    To be fair, the swashbuckling barbarian for that handaxe approach doesn't have to rage to get most of the benefits, my own is a 13bard/5barb/2fighter & literally never uses rage but is a very solid performer, though I like him best as a shadarkai because of the chains.

If you're not specifically after the bard past life too then it depends somewhat on what other past lives you haven't maxed yet (since you'll get class ones with the iTR), an EK/PM build could work well for the spell penetration which is always handy, or maybe go with druid, blightcaster is a lot of fun & since it's newer, i'd guess you probably don't have that one maxed yet? Essentially stat it out for those & just suck it up that you're losing out on the pure class capstone.
    I am fine going pure bard. I used to run a frozen bard 4 years ago before I took a break. Loved it. Got all my PDK lives on it but is a frozen bard any good anymore? So much has changed and I no longer have that build to reference.

Quote Originally Posted by ccd1977 View Post
    I am fine going pure bard. I used to run a frozen bard 4 years ago before I took a break. Loved it. Got all my PDK lives on it but is a frozen bard any good anymore? So much has changed and I no longer have that build to reference.
    It's certainly not less effective - if anything they've had a decent buff with the new imbue system & the addition of a competence bonus to HPs in a number of tier 5 enhancements.
    I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was, now what's it is weird and scary to me.