Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Community Member

Default The way of the Doo Doo

Quote Originally Posted by KrisuvialArcana View Post
    Total bummer. We can't log in either. I saw in some other threads about crashing in the load screens. Just recently I was getting some strange blink delay between clicking on a character to log in. Not sure what it means other than it is probably relevant to something.

Anyway, I wanted to say thanks for the update on the progress. As much as the whinging and moaning about when DDO is down for even a few of us (we're all so few though...). I think maybe we have collectively forgotten how skeletal the DDO crew is anymore, which is another can of sad worms about things we can't change from ...higher management. Maybe the Vaunt devices are real...
    Starting to have flash back's of BSGO. We all know how that ended.

Community Member

Community Member

Hi,

I've had issues with logging in ever since the Wednesday update. The game rarely got further than the character select screen. But efforts to fix it have just made things worse. At this point, I'm stymied by the "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application." message.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game--on a different hard drive. I've installed via Steam.

I've deleted and replaced all the C++ deliverables files.
    I've deleted and replaced all the d3dx9.dll files in both the System32 and SysWOW64 folders.
    I've updated the .NET framework.
    I've run the DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer, update, and the vcredist_x86, vcredist_x64, and Directx_Jun2020_redist applications.
    I've done a chkdsk on my hard drive.

I'm running Windows 11. I have DirectX 12 installed. Graphics card is Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630. I've been playing since January and until now crashes were very rare.

I'm at my wit's end. This weekend I expected to finish my 3rd life and reincarnate as a new race, and this has been immensely frustrating. Any suggestions welcome.

Community Member

As I've been unable to get the game up and running on my desktop, I have now installed on my laptop for the first time.

The game launches, but when I select the character I want to play, I get "Could not initialize Direct3D. Please ensure that DirectX 9.0c [Dec 2005] or higher is installed," and it crashes.

But that the installation specifically says that it is installing this!

I gotta say, I don't know how many new players this game gets per month, but I can't imagine many new people, facing this kind of experience, wouldn't just move on to a different game.

Community Member

Exclamation is this fixed??

i havent tried to get on in a couple days, but i just tried and it is bringing up the program files and asking where it should boot from? help? i have never had this happen and i dont know what to select/do. i run 64 bit but the issue is with 32, but yet mine seems to have it. to be clear i can sign on, select world and then it opens program files and asks where to boot from. Any help would be appreciated, keep in mind im not super savy so i hope an update will fix. so is this issue fixed and its just me??

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123