Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    This is a poor but passable approach to fixing the problem.

The real issue is that you keep upping the helpless damage boost % which makes it easier for casters to make mobs helpless and then evaporate them with all the boosts.

A much better solution would be scale back the helpless damage boosts for casters only while increasing the boosts for melee.

Someone on the dev team should keep track of stat inflation of all these boosts and use more reasonable increments rather than boosting one type of damage (helpless damage) to unacceptable levels and then fixing it by effectively applying a total damage nerf to all type of damage.

Helpless damage inflation is the primary reason casters are clearing mobs too quick and that could have been fixed without a blanket damage reduction. It also boxes in casters to using these damage boosts as you are effectively factoring them in to balance for all damage which is not a good approach in my opinion.
    Thats fine but the other elephant in the room is immunity bypass. That completely imbalances caster classes which make any blanket adjustment more difficult for casters without it.

If they are not removing it they should add it to Draconic.

Quote Originally Posted by SpardaX View Post
    Maybe im just being dense today, but I still don't really understand what you're saying. Your issue is that the change is labeled incorrectly?

Call it a "gameplay change that only effects loot" instead?
    Most individual Resistance, Insight, and Quality bonuses to Reflex, Fortitude, and Will Saving Throws on items have been increased by 1, putting them slightly above the values on Resistance items.
    If you increase Resistance, Insight and Quality bonuses on items by one how does that put those increases slightly ahead of values on Resistance items. Your putting the bonus on an item now that item is above itself? There is something missing in that sentence.

The Twilight Avengers are always recruiting - http://twilightavengersofeberron.yuku.com/topic/655

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by GoldyGopher View Post
    If you increase Resistance, Insight and Quality bonuses on items by one how does that put those increases slightly ahead of values on Resistance items. Your putting the bonus on an item now that item is above itself? There is something missing in that sentence.
    There is a common item enchantment called "Resistance +X", which gives a +X resistance bonus to all three saving throws. That enchantment what the second "Resistance" is referring to.
    Last edited by GeoffWatson; 04-23-2023 at 06:31 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by GoldyGopher View Post
    Bonuses to a specific save will be slightly more than the "all in one" bonus you get from the Resistance affix

Quote Originally Posted by EinarMal View Post
    Thats fine but the other elephant in the room is immunity bypass. That completely imbalances caster classes which make any blanket adjustment more difficult for casters without it.

If they are not removing it they should add it to Draconic.
    Ditto on the immunity bypasses.

Also, is anyone actually feeling a DPS diff on higher reapers on Lam? I'm not really feeling anything on my Ice Druid or did they not implement the spell debuff changes on Lam?

Community Member

So the bear druid stuttering was a client issue and not my hardware. Nice to see it fixed, playing bear was unbearable.

Smile

O cool, they're at least addressing the bugs with shot drop for ranged. Maybe IPS fix?

And Wererats are finally IG. Ver naice.
    NONVIOLENCE IS MY NAME. LORE IS MY GAME!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123