Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We are almost ready to debut our new forums! This has been a long time coming and we can't wait for you to check them out. We are replacing our old, very outdated forums with newer forums that will offer new features and a much improved experience for all users.
    Will the new forums have a calendar/event tracker, and if so, will it ever be used for anything?

Stormreach Mentor
    Founder

Default Founder & Stormreach Mentor

I'm a little sad that I will be losing my "Stormreach Mentor" title. I can't imagine that there are many of us who have it.

“If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to be a horrible warning."

Community Member

Thank you so much for the new content creator forum and also for the upvotes for suggestions. I'm also looking forward to the ability to share directly and (not as important to me, but in general) hopefully better formatting for mobile, etc.

Someone up thread said that DDO communicates more on social media, but, as an active Twitter user (my husband does content creation on Youtube and I handle most of the twitter conversation), it's not there. Nor, so far as I can tell, on Facebook. I belong to an active server specific Facebook (Argonnesson) but DDO itself doesn't do much there. Maybe I'm missing it but I'd love to see more on social media.

And for anyone that wants to see DDO advertised more - use social media to help. It's much better advertising if it comes from an individual anyway. And forming small groups (something like subredits ) is a great way to get to know people to join games. There are server specific Facebook accounts but if the same is true on twitter (or elsewhere) I don't know about them.

*note: I'm ignoring that Twitter is trying to kill itself. When something better comes along, just switch the name to the new media in your mind

Community Manager

We are still on track for Wednesday! If you are working up a Profile Banner for yourself, I've discovered that the resolution for the banner is: 1178px x 250px
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Old forum be like:

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe... Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orien... I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Shrouds Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain... Time to die.
    Polska gildia DDO / Polish guild

Polska gildia DDO - Magia i Miecz (200), Argonnessen
    Zapraszamy!

Quote Originally Posted by spifflove View Post
    ???? All you bad boys see you in 3 weeks!
    I've never done anything close to being ban-worthy and have no idea how bans work, but based on some of the previous posts I've seen my guess is banned people just keep coming back with new accounts.
    DC Warlock Reaper Build (U48)
    Max DC Illusionist Reaper Build (U48)

Quote Originally Posted by cdbd3rd View Post
    LOL! The LAST place we want Jerry is dancing willy-nilly through the sketti!
    *giggle*
    1776 Growing Liberty for Centuries 2022

Farewell old forums!

Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links. LONG LIVE STEALTH!
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main) and some others typically parked at some level to help guildies and other players

Will we start out with new Post Counts or can I start my # of posts indicator in the new forums at 11,622?

EDIT: 11,624
    Last edited by Arkat; 05-02-2023 at 01:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    The release notes themselves are essentially the same as was seen on Lamannia most recently.
    This^, in so many words, is how you say time and feedback on Lamannia are wasted.

Smile Goodbye trusty ol' forums!

I bet it will feel strange and take a while to get used to the new forums after looking at these homely pages for over a dozen years, but out with the old and in with the knew, I guess.

At least I will finally get to change my username, which I've wanted to do for the past ten years.

See y'all on the other side!

**Jumps through the magical portal into the unknown**
    Part of the Finnish guild Brotherhood of Blades on Cannith, rolling dice since 2010

Larendelee — Myrakka — Oikeus — Biggbinn — Betonimuuri — Larendell

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post
    Will we start out with new Post Counts or can I start my # of posts indicator in the new forums at 11,622?

EDIT: 11,624
    Since nothing is carrying over, that includes your post count. New forums + New forum account = New Post Count.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

13. 05-02-2023, 02:12 PM

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Since nothing is carrying over, that includes your post count. New forums + New forum account = New Post Count.
    Slightly unfair but understandable

Beware the Sleepeater

Staggering
    Pale Fox

Said the man with 33k+ posts on his name.

Curious if my "Acolyte of Pain" title will carry over...
    (From the '13 contest, https://forums.ddo.com/forums/showth...Design-Contest)
    DDO Player since 2006. Lifetime VIP. Originally from Lhazaar; Now residing on Ghallanda.
    Check my (far from complete) DDO walkthrough videos at Youtube.com/Velluminous

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123