Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Member thomascoolone64's Avatar

Default Can us Melee's get some Love in high reaper?

Were struggling even in the survivability dept. too much into HP instead of DPS so we can survive imo, maybe

1) boosting Dodge bonuses

2) Less concealment penalty

3) Alittle more Melee Power + Stat to damage bonuses
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post

"Ignore the text in the Lamannia launcher claiming to be from Middle Earth. Wat?"

The main problem with melee survivability in high R is aoe attacks that can one-shot melees even with a tank fully holding aggro.

Dodge is quite a broken mechanic in reaper right now. They have to be super careful with it.

I would suggest adding something like +100 prr clickies and +100 mrr clickies that don't recharge and usable only in reaper mode (reaper trees, but I think those are going away). Fixing the enemy damage would be better, but that sounds like a tremendous effort that is unlikely to happen.

melee dps is fine and doesn't need a boost - the main problem is that it is 0 while dead.
    DC Warlock Reaper Build (U48)
    Max DC Illusionist Reaper Build (U48)

Community Member thomascoolone64's Avatar

How bout some Doublestrike and helplessness bonus? Thatd help just.add it to the Melee reaper tree! Itd be nice
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post

"Ignore the text in the Lamannia launcher claiming to be from Middle Earth. Wat?"

Quote Originally Posted by thomascoolone64 View Post
    How bout some Doublestrike and helplessness bonus? Thatd help just.add it to the Melee reaper tree! Itd be nice
    Melees should have higher helplessness bonuses and caster helplessness bonuses should be reduced.
    DC Warlock Reaper Build (U48)
    Max DC Illusionist Reaper Build (U48)

Not so much only the deficiencies of melee in high reaper, but the conversation needs to include the imbalance of ranged spell/physical attacks with the functionality of being able to move and jump out of harms reach.

80% 3 second reduction in move speed and jump ability when spellcasting and using ranged attacks. Combat casting and shot on the run to reduce the modifier to 30%.

Bring back the value of gaining and keeping agro at the front line.

Moreover, add some reasonable prr/mrr bonuses in enhancement and epic destinies that favor melee.
    The Nak Abides - Argo - Ascent
    Ganak Goblinjuicer ~ Xanak the Irregular

Community Member

Have you tried just running with a tank? Reaper should be about GROUP mechanics. Not everyone can do every role.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    Melees should have higher helplessness bonuses and caster helplessness bonuses should be reduced.
    How far apart are the two Helplessness bonus?

Melee = %
    Caster = %

I was under the impression that...Mass Freeze/Hold/Dance + AOE(+Helpless Damage) = Room clear.
    Maybe the AOE damage should be looked at as oppose to the helpless damage?
    I think the Vulnerability stripping to Elemental/Chemical damage was the start of block chaining AOE damages that might be the root?

I remember back in the day Pre-2008, if you wanted to clear mobs with high damage you would send in a Fighter or Barbarian to get the big hits and Casters, Range classes supported with lower damage but helped in picking off the mobs that were almost out of HP or running to open a door/dungeon.
    Melees were sturdy characters that could take multiple hits.

I see plenty of melee that do well in high reaper - even before U59.

The major nerf to caster damage certainly toned those down.
    The major improvement to lag help melee alot as they need to be able to position themselves.
    The change to self healing ooc in reaper helps many melee quite a bit.

I have seen some amazing players reincarnate their casters to melee yesterday.

From my pov melee seem to be in a decent state.
    Member of Spellswords on Ghallanda