Thread: Crafting system

Community Member

Default Crafting system

@Tolero @Cordovan @Lynnabel @Steelstar @whoeverdev

I haven't wanted or needed to craft anything for a very long time as I find it totally unnecessary with the currently available loot.

Having said that I do like crafting.

What I would like to see instead of breaking items down into ingredients is a system that breaks the items down into their prefixes and suffixes, slots and special effects. Even named loot.
    The difficulty could be based on how strong the effect you are trying to "save", maybe you can only "save" one effect from an item when breaking it down.

For example, I want to save an effect "paralyze" and combine it with another effect "bleeding" from a different weapon I have broken down and combine both effects on a blank weapon I had prepared.

The named item effects could be only combined with other named item effects onto a named item blank.

The effects could be assigned to Pommel/Grip/Cross-piece/Chappe/Blade/Gem Slots
    Blank could be assigned their own level trash/named/raid (green/orange/red)

This system would give me a reason to cap my crafting which currently sits at 200, which I currently have no desire nor interest in raising because the whole system is frankly pretty boring.

A crafting system should add something to the game. The current system IMO does not.

Tarrith
    Last edited by tarrith_dourden; 03-28-2023 at 04:32 AM.

its does add to the game a lot. named gear is good, but crafted gear is better when you have supplies and can craft and augment the gear to the build.
    it doesn't duplicate enhancements, it distributes enhancements between crafting and augment slotting.
    gear sets add some but most of the time your duplicating something in your found gear not customized for your build your building for your gear not gearing your build with custom crafted items. it makes the most out of augmented enhancements.
    there are issues when you can't craft an item with the Lore and spell power on the same item because they are both suffix as an example when you cant put an enhancement in an item that's readily found in the wilderness with the enhancement in it.
    but all in all if you craft your gear you dont have to farm your gear.
    its the best of both worlds.
    and its how you take a 1st life adventure into a R4 group and survive without having to be raised.
    Last edited by archest; 03-28-2023 at 05:03 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by archest View Post
    its does add to the game a lot. named gear is good, but crafted gear is better when you have supplies and can craft and augment the gear to the build.
    it doesn't duplicate enhancements, it distributes enhancements between crafting and augment slotting.
    gear sets add some but most of the time your duplicating something in your found gear not customized for your build your building for your gear not gearing your build with custom crafted items. it makes the most out of augmented enhancements.
    there are issues when you can't craft an item with the Lore and spell power on the same item because they are both suffix as an example when you cant put an enhancement in an item that's readily found in the wilderness with the enhancement in it.
    but all in all if you craft your gear you dont have to farm your gear.
    its the best of both worlds.
    and its how you take a 1st life adventure into a R4 group and survive without having to be raised.
    I wasn't saying replace Cannith Crafting. It does have it's place. I was also not talking about first-lifers. As a veteran player, NONE of my gear is crafter except for Dinosaur and a few older greensteels (oozemakers).

I was talking system that could coincide with Cannith and make the crafting system on the whole more interesting. IE destroying named items to craft named items.

TD
    Last edited by tarrith_dourden; 03-28-2023 at 05:57 AM.

it would be nice not to have to rebuild from scratch to change 1 of the enhancements.
    or even to change from 15 items to 5 max.
    or upgrade the level