Question Need 1-20 builds for Ranger/Fighter/Monk

Last 3 classes needed for Heroic Completionist are Ranger, Fighter and Monk. I just finished a THF pure Barbarian, and got pretty frustrated chasing mobs only to see them disappear to a spell or a crossbow bolt. So for these last 3 classes, I would prefer to go ranged. I know I can just do a 2 Arti / 6 Ranger / 12 X Inquisitive, but would love a little variety.

My wife is running some Inquisitive variation all 3 of these lives, so traps are covered (and DPS as well, probably), so I would just like to have survivability, OK DPS and a little CC if possible. Ideas?
    Khyber, Dragon Order of Arcanix (Elsir - Heroic Completionist running Racial TRs, Veryunique, Skullcrshr, TheMadness - fun builds for duo play w/ my wife)

Disclaimer - Melee are not my forte, so others may be more creative when it comes to adapting classic Melee classes (Monk, Fighter)...

Quote Originally Posted by MagicalDad View Post
    Last 3 classes needed for Heroic Completionist are Ranger, Fighter and Monk. ... I would just like to have survivability, OK DPS and a little CC if possible. Ideas?
    You can run a (pure?) Paralyzing Arrow Ranger AA build - that can work very well. Or just rely on the DWS tree while running an Inquis, that too.

Monks and Fighters have CC but really only w/ Melee - so running them "straight" is out. You could add in 6 levels of Rogue for Leg Shot (short-duration Slow) or 6 of Ranger for the DWS stuff.

You could also go Falconry for those Trips/Blinds/etc, and build it for the Helpless damage. Monk might dovetail nicely in there w/ a Wisdom build.

Just some (very) rough "ideas" to get things started. :/

Community Member

Sorc Fist adapts to any heroic life you want..

https://forums.ddo.com/forums/showth...-Melee-Rangers

The cornered bear in the above post might suit your purposes. Keep in mind rangers are inherently ranged.

Strimton posted a ranger fighter. Monkcher builds also exist. You only need a majority of levels to get credit.

https://forums.ddo.com/forums/showth...er-Monkcher-AA
    Last edited by spifflove; 03-22-2023 at 09:52 AM.