Community Member

Default Played d4 with millions of players and no lag

Had a blast playing Diablo 4 with absolutely no lag, even during the world event. Came back to Orien for R1 skeletons, horrible lag. I was hanging in the air for 10 minutes, couldn't move and then dead. I just cant fathom how is this even possible!!

It's high time for SSG to follow this example from a small indie company.

Quote Originally Posted by Valtan View Post
    Had a blast playing Diablo 4 with absolutely no lag, even during the world event. Came back to Orien for R1 skeletons, horrible lag. I was hanging in the air for 10 minutes, couldn't move and then dead. I just cant fathom how is this even possible!!
    Several reasons. I am sure Blizzard has infinitely more resources than SSG. The game is also build from the ground up, so new efficient coding behind the scenes. They are probably running their new shinny game on new shinny servers as well.
    Member: Circle of Night (Cristyle Sunn, Grygor Sunn, WarChild Sunn)
    Magic is a curious thing; full of hope and promise one minute, then someone summons a t-rex jet fighter to kill you.

Community Member

Was thinking along these lines last night. Ran a TH slayers on Orien 7pm PST last night and had several instances of lag. Now granted, TH was almost always a lag fest on Gland. A guildy consulted the tracker to see that there were under 500 players on Orien at that time. His comment was accompanied by a bit of a laugh, "for an MMO, you'd think the servers could handle less than 500 players."

One other thing, the group was full, whenever someone left, someone else always joined. Capped at 7500 with a full group. That did not happen at 7pm PST on Gland.

All in all, the move has been a good one.

After DDO II, DDO III and on to DDO IV, I bet we would have a much more stable game. Alas, we are still running DDO I.
    Mothergoose - Kardinal - Bunks

Community Member Talon_Moonshadow's Avatar

I've been playing DDO for 17 years now, and have really enjoyed it.
    I gave up a life of farming to become an Adventurer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jandric View Post
    ..., but I honestly think the solution is to group with less whiny people.

Diablo 4 looks and feels amazing but remember guys this is Blizzard. Sure there might not be much microtrans at the get-go but they will build and build until Diablo 4 becomes pay "$20,000 or be a scrub, loser!" real soon.

Also I personally like D&D lore better.

Also play both? lol.

Staggering
    Pale Fox

I play D20s all the time, so much more options then a d4.
    Heck, sometimes I roll percentiles just for the kicks of it.

The only lag I get is when I can't read my dice because of light reflection.
    Oh and when someone is off table for drinks, snacks or a visit to the restroom.

Quote Originally Posted by magaiti View Post
    It's high time for SSG to follow this example from a small indie company.
    Ya know, I'm looking at Blizzard (owned by Activision, btw), and I'm squinting really hard, and I just can't find any "small indie complany".