Cool How my alchemist gnome escaped from Eberron (creating an Avatar for Vrchat/Vtuber)

Nobody knows here but for a long time I have always been fascinated by the metaverse and all things VR, since 2020 I have discovered a world of infinite possibilities, since I was a child I have always enjoyed drawing and this has always been appreciated, the years have passed and the hand is still there .. but one thing that I always liked however was also creating in 3D ... for years I have always used blender and I still use it, apart from some time ago I used it to create small changes to models made in other programs I have never "DARED" other than to create something of my own from 0, the vaguest attempts that I remember were to create a face for a game which then turned out to be a complete failure... the mesh was too heavy and my PC froze, but 3-4 weeks ago... I felt like trying to make something I've never done before an Avatar completely from 0... actually the idea was born through a wish from a person I know who has long wanted a personalized avatar s u Vrchat... I thought I'd surprise him during the holidays but I had a problem with the electricity and therefore I didn't have time to get there and learn the procedure well... so I postponed everything to 2 months later , in fact, after a lot of effort and problems with the blender files that I stupidly put on a micro SD (please don't make the same mistake as me) I finally succeeded in my intention of creating an Avatar completely from 0, and who if a character of mine from some video game, and for this I chose my alchemist gnome Averline, I've always loved the outfit I made for her on DDO and I wanted to somehow "extract her from the game world and make her mine" and here she is.. in all its splendor:

I slightly modified the model... because in my head Averline I imagine it like this, I didn't want to exaggerate much with the details and I didn't add the cape because since it was the first time I had attempted a project of the kind I wanted to be daring but not too much, and I must say that the final result satisfied me. Now my gnome is outside of Ebberon in the metaverse...a place of infinite possibilities and worlds to discover...and she's looking forward to making tons of friends, I hope that you too like my "Living Creation" as I liked it and it made me happy.

And if you are interested in the model it is also available to view in 3d on a site called VroidHub and it is a widely used finger for models for Vtubers and other applications dis is the link: https://hub.vroid.com/characters/334...70730860684285

So I hope you like it and if you do, please like the model.
    "It's time for epic adventures!"

Community Manager

Impressive!
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Nice Job!
    You also kept the style even increasing the polycount and render quality. High fidelity on textures too. Hope they consider bringing you in if SSG ever decide to make a new expansion CGI. You captured the game's style and pictured it in a higher quality presentation.

Amazing job, mate!
    Congratz!

Thank you very much to everyone, I'm happy with my result I've always used blender for years but I've never done Models so complex "just say" I've let's say diverted some steps to make my job easier but I'm happy with the result (although things like retopology I have to learn to do them right).

Quote Originally Posted by DaviMOC View Post
    Nice Job!
    You also kept the style even increasing the polycount and render quality. High fidelity on textures too. Hope they consider bringing you in if SSG ever decide to make a new expansion CGI. You captured the game's style and pictured it in a higher quality presentation.
    In fact, the goal was just that, to capture the style of DDO anyway but without distorting it too much without necessarily making a 1:1 copy of the original model but with more polygons, and obviously for the textures I had to see the model better in game to make it as close to the original as possible.

But for sure there is one thing that distinguishes my creation from that of DDO...

She have fingers!

Btw I was so happy with the result that I decided to immediately get to work and remake from "0" my Alter-Ego wearing the "Hardened Hide Harmor" armor,I don't have any recent images but this is more or less the basic bodysuit I've always made using the same method I used for my alchemist.

BtW this is more or less the hair as I did it on him... the nice thing about blender is that you can export other models and if you like a hairstyle or an outfit you can use it as a "guide base" to create your own models, in this case this hair type is inspired by Sora from Kingdom Heart's 3 i love the series and the game and my Alter-Ego and partly based on him.

"It's time for epic adventures!"