Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Daerius of the Blessed Blades View Post
    True, everyone is not leaving. But it's also disingenuous to pretend that all is fine. Ghallanda has already lost 8.5% of its active player base (ddoaudit.com), and that's only going to increase assuming that player transfers are reinitiated and the time extended. Orien is consistently almost TWICE the population on Ghallanda, which is now the second lowest population server. Most of those leaving are the guilds leading high reapers, raids, and some very established players and guilds.

I don't think "Ghallanda has hit the Iceberg", but the passengers are still sailing away in lifeboats at a significant number. 91.5% (so far) are staying, and I wish them the best, but there is definitely a trend.
    It was not a trend, and I don't pretend. I am straight up, always. It was an impulsive panic move made by a few but I cannot blame them. They made the decision they felt was best. It's a miracle this game is still being developed and reinventing itself. DDO is a legitimate find still for people after all these years. So I feel Ghallanda will be just fine.

I am saddened to see some guilds make a move, and sure that hurts, but some have actually come back, and many more will arrive anew thanks to making Ghallanda the default server. Hopefully more come back. I am ALL about that guild life.

Ghallanda will always be a GUILD FRIENDLY server. We aren't going anywhere and we are ALWAYS willing to run with new blood, and any no drama guild or pug with the right drama free mindset.

Bottom line -- Its VERY IMPORTANT to see GUILDS THRIVE. Its 2023... I dont give a **** if they succeed ON GHALLANDA or ORIEn or ANYWHERE ELSE. Lets SUPPORT EACH OTHER because when GUILDS DIE -- DDO dies.
    Last edited by LeslieWest_GuitarGod; 03-13-2023 at 12:52 AM.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Dungeons & Dragons Online Guild
    No Drama. Cameraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!

Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | GHALLANDA GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!

2015 DDO Players Council Daerius of the Blessed Blades's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LeslieWest_GuitarGod View Post
    It was an impulsive panic move made by a few...
    So, you're suggesting guilds like the one I am a member of abandoned a server we've been on for 16 years on an 'impulse'? We 'panicked'? And 11+% of the population is "a few?" (ref:ddoaudit.com)

Quite pretentious of you to pretend (there's that word again) that you understand the motives of the players who moved.
    Founder, The Circle of Night (Now on Orien!): Daerius (FvS), Khrandok (Alch/Arti), Branwynn (Brd), Vharcan (War), Alluriaan (Rog), et. al.

https://www.twitch.tv/daeriius

Quote Originally Posted by Daerius of the Blessed Blades View Post
    So, you're suggesting guilds like the one I am a member of abandoned a server we've been on for 16 years on an 'impulse'? We 'panicked'? And 11+% of the population is "a few?" (ref:ddoaudit.com)

Quite pretentious of you to pretend (there's that word again) that you understand the motives of the players who moved.
    Daerius, ya'll made the move you felt was the right decision for yall. I don't doubt your guild's decision. I'm saddened that you felt the need to go. But it is what it is. Good for yall.

We don't pretend. We made a calculated decision to stay on Ghallanda and are very comfortable with that decision.

What I was saying is that more damage was done when people promote that they are leaving and when people yell "abandon ship" (literally). Most of the people I spoke to in game that switched said they were leaving because "thats what they read on the forum" or "heard others were doing it." Not ONE named an actual reason.

SSG is giving Ghallanda an opportunity for new blood by naming Ghallanda the default server and I think it's great. Hell I think it should have been done YEARS ago.

Im just voicing positivity in Ghallanda. We are VERY HAPPY here. And open and welcoming to anyone who wants to play our style of gaming here on Ghallanda.

After 17 years of DDO GAMING, I just feel we should support each other. WHO REALLY CARES at the end of the day? WE are staying. You decided to leave. If you guys are happy and we are happy in our decisions Daerius, then it's for the good of our guilds and the game. I wish ya'll nothing but success.
    Last edited by LeslieWest_GuitarGod; 03-14-2023 at 08:41 AM.

No Drama. Cameraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!

Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | GHALLANDA GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    Posts like this should (almost?) be against the ToU.

Self-fulfilling prophecy of doom, designed to put fear into those who don't know.

Doesn't even matter if it's objectively "true" (if there is such a thing in these situations) - it's bad for the game, because if(!) people follow it would leave some minority of players behind. Always someone gets left behind.
    This is exactly what happened, for the most part. No idea why this thread was not taken down the day it was posted, or since. Not our job C-Dog! It just causes confusion and high school drama.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12