Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Manager

Default The After-Party is now underway for the 7th Season of the Hardcore League!

UPDATE: The After Party has been extended through March 21st, ending when the worlds come down for weekly maintenance on the morning of the 22nd.

Free transfers are now available from Hardcore to the world of your choice through TBD! We'll get the leaderboards up on DDO.com soon. Note that Daily Dice is not active on the Hardcore server during the After Party.

To learn more about world transfers, read our article on DDO.com:https://www.ddo.com/guides/ddo-transfer-guide

• Please note that the following things do NOT transfer with you to your destination world:
      • Your Friends list
      • Your /Ignore list
      • Your Guild name, level, airship, amenities, membership ranks, or other guild-related benefits. You will appear in the new world guildless.
      • Items in your Reincarnation Cache
      • Items bid on or posted to the Auction Houses
      • In-game mail
      • Shared Account Bank and Crafting Storage items
      • Your Astral Shard balance
      • Your Creature Companion Stable
      • Your Mount Stable

• You cannot be the Leader of a Guild and transfer your character from one world to another. If necessary, please promote a successor or other guild member to Leader, or disband your guild, prior to undergoing a character transfer from one live game world to another. Guild leaders will not display in the Character Transfer UI.
    • You cannot be logged into the game world while undergoing a character transfer. If you are, you will be kicked from the game world and receive an erroneous “ban” message. You aren’t banned.
    • It is possible to transfer back to your original game world after transferring to a different world, but your original guild, airship, True Reincarnation cache, and in-game mail is not preserved.
    • If your name is being used on the world you are transferring to, your name will be appended with a -1 and you will be granted a one-time free rename credit. While logged into the character you wish to change the name of, type /changename (new name) into the chat panel to change your name.

Thank you! We'll see you back for Season 8.
    Last edited by Cordovan; 03-08-2023 at 01:49 PM.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Note that Daily Dice is not active on the Hardcore server during the After Party.
    Not having daily dice, no big deal. Not being able dump remaining AS into dice rolls is bad; AS can't be transferred and you shutdown one of the preferred methods to dump any that are remaining.

Turn daily dice back on so we can burn off our astral shards.

Don't forget you can spend Astral Shards on augments and that there is the new augment vendor Randall Lyric located in expansion/mini-expansion zones with some newer/rarer augments.

https://ddowiki.com/page/Randall_Lyric

This is what I spent my Astral Shards from season 6 on.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Free transfers are now available from Hardcore to the world of your choice through March 7th! We'll get the leaderboards up on DDO.com soon. Note that Daily Dice is not active on the Hardcore server during the After Party
    Dont you think this should have been announced PRIOR to Hardcore closing ? A lot of people use the remaining shard for rolls, this cost SSG ZERO as shards have already been purchased but to not allow honestly is pretty shady and doesn't speak well of SSG business ethics. I get it they sign your check but the neat thing about ethics is you either have it or you don't and standing up costs absolutely NOTHING
    * Michaelaz *Myfavwizzy * Medalert * Mikeaz * Kernall * Myfavsoul * MyOrc * Myfav * Myfavsorc *

Community Manager

The leaderboards are now available: https://www.ddo.com/news/ddo-hardcore-7-leaderboards
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Community Member

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by rabidfox View Post
    Not having daily dice, no big deal. Not being able dump remaining AS into dice rolls is bad; AS can't be transferred and you shutdown one of the preferred methods to dump any that are remaining.
    I almost never log in to the forums .... I have played on an off over the years for the past 10 years

I have bought the expansions, paid for VIP time, bought coins and enjoyed my time.

What are you thinking SSG ? I have some shards left and went to do some dice rolls to burn them off and now I cannot. This is the kind of STUPID decision making that makes someone like me not want to VIP and I will certainly NOT be paying for anything in Hardcore in the future - IF I even log in to play it again.

Terrible decision !

Astral Shards are a premium, bought-with-real-money currency (yes, you can dice them, but it's absurdly rare), and there is no reason that they should be stranded on a server.

An NPC needs to be available to buy astral diamonds that can be ported between servers. There is NO excuse for premium currency to sunset. Ever.
    Kobold sentient jewel still hate you.

Note that Daily Dice is not active on the Hardcore server during the After Party.
    This is yet another change in policy without warning that has left people who invested in astral shards or the astral shard exchange in the lurch. Given that astral shards don't transfer, dice was the primary outlet for any leftovers.

Prior to seasons 6 there'd been no such restriction.
    Season 6 it was turned off in the final week of the afterparty unexpectedly, leaving people who'd been saving astral shards up or selling off gear on the AS through the after-party in the lurch.
    Season 7 turning it off instantly at the end of season without advance warning really takes the cake, though. How were we supposed to know we should be spending our shards before that point? Why do you keep doing this? Will you be turning them off midseason next?

There must be a better solution to let people spend their astral shards on the dice- while turning off the daily freebies/discount, if that's your concern?

I really don't understand why you won't at least warn people in advance of these policies so they can at least make use of their astral shards they've acquired!? Almost every astral shard a person gathered was purchased from the store at some point - surely devaluing a premium store currency is not on SSG's agenda?

Unless the whole point is to ambush them with inconsistent policy to render their shards worthless in the hopes of driving demand for shards on the live servers, which would really be underhanded. I just can't make sense of this policy shift implemented day-of that doesn't render SSG either capricious, malicious, or both.
    Last edited by dTarkanan; 02-08-2023 at 04:39 AM.

People could all send in a ticket asking for a refund on the shards not spent.

Quote Originally Posted by dTarkanan View Post
    This is yet another change in policy without warning that has left people who invested in astral shards or the astral shard exchange in the lurch. Given that astral shards don't transfer, dice was the primary outlet for any leftovers.

Prior to seasons 6 there'd been no such restriction.
    Season 6 it was turned off in the final week of the afterparty unexpectedly, leaving people who'd been saving astral shards up or selling off gear on the AS through the after-party in the lurch.
    Season 7 turning it off instantly at the end of season without advance warning really takes the cake, though. How were we supposed to know we should be spending our shards before that point? Why do you keep doing this? Will you be turning them off midseason next?

There must be a better solution to let people spend their astral shards on the dice- while turning off the daily freebies/discount, if that's your concern?

I really don't understand why you won't at least warn people in advance of these policies so they can at least make use of their astral shards they've acquired!? Almost every astral shard a person gathered was purchased from the store at some point - surely devaluing a premium store currency is not on SSG's agenda?

Unless the whole point is to ambush them with inconsistent policy to render their shards worthless in the hopes of driving demand for shards on the live servers, which would really be underhanded. I just can't make sense of this policy shift implemented day-of that doesn't render SSG either capricious, malicious, or both.

Community Member

Default they dont care

The lack of response in 24 hours is typical of SSG and exactly what I would expect from them...THEY DONT CARE ! They know that there will be enough people to spend $$ and stick with their nonsense regardless of how many times they screw over paying customers. Quite frankly ive seen better CS from cable and phone companies, which is sad to say the least.

Barbershopper

Default There's precedent.

From last November:
    https://forums.ddo.com/forums/showth...-Dice-Hardcore
    Daily Dice has been disabled from the Hardcore server, make sure to get your characters off of the world as soon as you can. Reminder free transfers are available through Sunday.
    It's not unprecedented; they did it during the HC6 "after-party". Even so, it would have been better to have given players a head-up. Buy some augments or gold-seal hirelings, re-roll some named item chests. Lots of options.
    Dawnstrider, Officer of Pay It Forward (Sarlona, and all servers)

Community Member

I just logged into Hardcore and they have turned Daily Dice back on.

That was nice of them.

Quote Originally Posted by danzona View Post
    I just logged into Hardcore and they have turned Daily Dice back on.
    Nevermind the appreciation for swift response, they turned them off again with no warning. At least I got some of my shards spent.
    Last edited by dTarkanan; 02-08-2023 at 05:02 PM.

Kragra for President

I appreciate them listening to feedback so quickly! If they need to turn off daily dice again in the future, just please let us know a couple of days in advance next time! I understand they like not to announce policy decisions before implementing them, but people spend a lot of money, time, or both on astral shards and there's currently no way to bring them back to live- all I ask is they give us a heads up so we can use what we've spent our money on.
    The dice is still disabled. I don't care about the daily aspect, just give me a chance to spend my astral shards. I don't have enough to spend on an augment or I would.

Quote Originally Posted by Dewboy691 View Post
    The dice is still disabled. I don't care about the daily aspect, just give me a chance to spend my astral shards. I don't have enough to spend on an augment or I would.
    Yeah- it was on briefly this morning... So this is the third time they've disabled it without warning.

Yeah- it was on briefly this morning... So this is the third time they've disabled it without warning.
    I would guess that the reboot reset the DD to its default state (on) and someone came back to manually turn it off once they realized it was back on.

I will give them this much, they have mad skillz on irritating their players.

Founder
    Guild Leader - Death Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Don't forget you can spend Astral Shards on augments and that there is the new augment vendor Randall Lyric located in expansion/mini-expansion zones with some newer/rarer augments.

https://ddowiki.com/page/Randall_Lyric

This is what I spent my Astral Shards from season 6 on.
    I usually fully agree with you, but not in this case.

Many players are not aware of the vendors and only know about gold and silver rolls to spend their astral shards. During events, astral shards are utilized for various purposes, but any remaining shards are burned off during the afterparty.

This has been the norm for the past six events.

I've heard that this change is to counter an exploit, but this solution is too extreme. It's like destroying the house to get rid of a spider.

The community was not given any warning about this change, causing confusion and frustration.

Strimtom labeled his guild "two weeks notice" because there was no warning about the immediate beginning of season seven.

This pattern of we the community of players being blindsided by corporate decisions raises the question of who is responsible for informing we the community? If SSG wants to foster trust we need ample lead time and transparent conversations on all game changes, events, policies, etc.

We are now in the afterparty phase of season seven yet you'd never know it - the definition of party is gathering for enjoyment and entertainment, but being blindsided goes against that definition. Blindsided is to be taken by surprise, often with harmful consequences - not something you want to happen to you at a party.
    Last edited by Dark_Lord_Mary; 02-08-2023 at 06:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ahpook View Post
    I will give them this much, they have mad skillz on irritating their players.
    Part of the reason I've never bothered trying to play Hardcore.

Turning off the Daily Dice is not appreciated. I'm sitting on 360+ AS that I don't really have a need for augments to buy.
    Only silver lining is I won't be spending any DDO points to buy extra bank or backpack slots for the transfer.

I'm not sure you guys thought this through.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast