Community Member

Default New player searching

Hello all, I bought the game on release ages ago.. still have the cd’s and the box, but never got into it hard… now 25+ later the YouTube algo got me… so tried it after all the tweaks or rehaul, pending on your view and I am loving it…. Made several themed character…. Not one for meta , nor total gimping, but thematic characters to play… enjoying all of them … been playing only solo, well me my hireling… The question I seek answers too.. are there any active guilds that are new player friendly and thematic in nature … not one for meta speed builds… I am new and enjoying the game at a dnd pace and not wow speed run… just putting feelers out…

been playing mmo and games for over 35 years .. yes that puts me in the 40’s+ with a full time job and family.. so game time is limited . But I log my hours on my days off… been playing the typical pure melee ranger ( scimmies or maces, on fence) he is lvl 5, a shield dwarf going dwarven axe(when I get one ) and shield, lvl 2( still on tute island) and a Tabaxi rogue lvl 2, (tute island) going single rapier/ dagger builds… have a two handed blunt weapon paladin made but not played and still need to make a cleric (probably the elven long sword cleric)..

so far loving the game… wanted to drop a salutations and say happy hunting .. stay safe … (ignore typos if any.. posted from my phone with sausage fingers and an auto correct that is my nemesis)

First, Welcome (back?) to the game!

Quote Originally Posted by Talynblade55 View Post
    ... Made several themed character…. Not one for meta , nor total gimping, but thematic characters to play… enjoying all of them … not one for meta speed builds…
    I'm not sure if there are any guilds "dedicated" to such, but there are many that are "newbie friendly" and do not worry about META characters or being das uber player or who Reincarnates the fastest. Lots of casual players run "flavor builds" (or whatever you care to call them) to one extent or another, and just enjoy playing the game without any urge to chase a specific goal.

With luck you'll get someone here responding, or you can try the diff servers and see if you get a nibble.

GL!

Community Member

Thanks for the advice… I think with the population and people not really that active here … it might be a long shot .. but thanks for replying

You might want to check out Sarlona and Orien, see if either of those are more attractive.

o https://forums.ddo.com/forums/showth...ruary-8th-28th

(Also this page may be of interest, altho' be aware that the leaders do tend to change over time: https://www.ddoaudit.com/ )

Or you could get in contact with TYRS PALADIUM and join us for fun and comradeship? just an option for you here on G-land!
    TYRS PALADIUM.....Officer. If you think there must be more to the game than pugging, come on and joinTYRS! Willibold Fighter/Wilibold monk /Tooflower monkftr/rogue /Hesteban fvs /Machiavehli druid/ Commabayou bard /Greenbolts ranger/Dramoh arti /Dragbat bard /Covemonster Paladin/A Pherzackerly wizard/Asimovsbayne barb/Pardoner/Cottelettedporc cleric/ftr /