Community Member Yvonne_Blacksword's Avatar

Default So you want to be an Artificer..."

Update 57: Grip of the Hidden Hand Release Notes

Artificer:
    • (Battle Engineer Tier 3) 1d6 Electric damage, electric spellpower (fills in missing t3)
    • The spell Elemental Weapons now grants +1 alchemical bonus to Imbue Dice (note this is still exclusive with other weapon enchantment spells)
    • The spell Greater Elemental Weapons now grants +2 alchemical bonus to Imbue Dice (note this is still exclusive with other weapon enchantment spells)

AAAAAAAnnnnd now you don't.

Are they going to change the name of Elemental Weapons to be imbued weapons? Because right now that is all they do.

I liked being able to switch out extra damage types and now I am stuck with whatever the runearm gives me and electric. I feel that my squishy just got more squishy.

I realize that this affects lower level characters the most and I realize I am the only one playing characters below level 10 on their first lives but I really don't understand why you couldn't have left my spells alone. Give us a different spell that does imbue. Make Elemental Weapons offer fire/cold/elect/acid -or- +1 alchemical bonus to Imbue Dice. I hate having my roll stopped and undermined by something that is so useless to low levels that REPLACES something so useful. 1d6 of damage may not seem like much but below level 10 and the fact that the exotic weapon they were given proficiency heavy/light repeaters fire thrice.. so you took 3d6 damage from us per attack.

I play exclusively artificers. I bought artificer in the store on all my accounts. I bought DDO points to add this class. I have 12 accounts. They are all currently paying for VIP. I love playing into the early hours of the morning when few are on. Just me, my artis, my dog and any perm. hirelings I have collected, running quests, in peace and quiet. I hate complaining but really.

WHY?!!

I get that you are trying to "sell us on" a new update and I get that the only way you know how to do it is to shove it down our throats and make us choke on it.
    Please un-fix this. It never needed fixing. Higher levels always use deadly weapons. It is just more cost effective. Put your imbue there where it belongs. Make it a part of Arcanotechnitian as that tree is completely useless. To a full Arti.

Or at least move Thundershock Imbue down to tier 1 in Battle engineer tree and move field scrapper up along with those above it in the tree and make it all make sense. Or make it thunder/acid/fire/cold-shock...as that would be at least usable.

Please give me back my acid. I personally hate electrical damage unless it is from my runearm. Acid is real. It makes sense. Hello?! Repair skill....yeah, I really do need to rethink that..

I always feel kinda let down by the game this time of year. I play less. don't like festivault or ice games. I usually take a hiatus about now. not much going on except a rather gimped HCL that feels like an apology for last season.
    Please give me back my acid.

I'll be good and shut up... I promise!
    Noep

Community Member

Unhappy

sad.

Reasonable workaround would be to let Artificiers select the type of their own elemental damage imbue (could be behind 1-2 second cooldown and mana cost - as in arcane archer switching effects).

Other fix would be to copy tier 5 Arcanotechnician effect "Charged Recoil: Runearm shots now strip Electric Immunity for 10 seconds" to Battle Engineer tree somewhere.

Otherwise elemental weapons is no more elemental
    Polska gildia DDO / Polish guild

Polska gildia DDO - Magia i Miecz (200), Argonnessen
    Zapraszamy!

IMO Arti imbues should always have been linked to the runearm damage, should have been automatic, and should have gotten almost as many dice inherently in the BE (4 by my count) tree as Inquisitive (7 by my count)

This electric only halfway up the BE tree and only another four dice further up the BE tree is steaming pile of bull excrement. And no, +2 dice from a spell doesn't help.

Wow, didn't realize I was so peeved by that.

Arti SHOULD have had Imbue active when runearm charging/charged, the element applied by the runearm. Additional dice in BE cores 2, 4, 6, along with +1 in T3, +1 in T4, and +1 in T5. NO change to current runearm shot or imbue damage, just additional dice in the BE tree. And no, I would not have changed elemental weapons as part of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonne_Blacksword View Post
    Update 57: Grip of the Hidden Hand Release Notes

Artificer:
    • (Battle Engineer Tier 3) 1d6 Electric damage, electric spellpower (fills in missing t3)
    • The spell Elemental Weapons now grants +1 alchemical bonus to Imbue Dice (note this is still exclusive with other weapon enchantment spells)
    • The spell Greater Elemental Weapons now grants +2 alchemical bonus to Imbue Dice (note this is still exclusive with other weapon enchantment spells)

AAAAAAAnnnnd now you don't.

Took me a minute to realize EW spells were doing nada/ziltch, flying in the face of the spell descriptions.

As you said, this needs to be UN-FIXED.

I still want to run my Artys, but I want my carpfish to work like it's supposed to.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    Collectibles

Still love playing an Artificer, such a diverse class, even moreso now with the Harper tree

not until the fix the slas and give them better targeting.

Community Member

I think that elemental weapon spell could change every imbue dice the character have into the choosen element... Plus +1/+2 die to imbue, like it is now.
    That would make the spell something desirable in groups and a viable choice between deadly weapons for those that uses imbue with spellpower.

Quote Originally Posted by lancil View Post
    a viable choice between deadly weapons for those that uses imbue with spellpower.
    For many build here no choice at all because they used both benefits.
    English not my native language. What's your excuse?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by lancil View Post
    I think that elemental weapon spell could change every imbue dice the character have into the choosen element... Plus +1/+2 die to imbue, like it is now.
    That would make the spell something desirable in groups and a viable choice between deadly weapons for those that uses imbue with spellpower.

I completely agree with you and support your proposal.

Community Member

I play an arty pretty constantly, she's my main more often than not. It's gotten to the point that I have to cross class to add in damage to keep up with other classes. And I won't get into solo. . .

The problem with the majority of the art tree's is that they're pretty useless, maybe some people prefer the double cross bow, or a single non-repeater, but I don't. Repeaters are currently the most under appreciated weapon, and on some of the tree's they are specifically excluded. To be honest, I didn't even realize what imbue dice where until I finally found it in the tree by accident, and then was super disappointed with it. . .one dice. . .and no noticeable upgrades in the tree unlike other trees.

Typically I go rogue arty mix, to get a little dmg boost, or warlock. . .seems to be the only way to boost things with arty.

Quote Originally Posted by calouscaine View Post
    I play an arty pretty constantly, she's my main more often than not. It's gotten to the point that I have to cross class to add in damage to keep up with other classes. And I won't get into solo. . .

The problem with the majority of the art tree's is that they're pretty useless, maybe some people prefer the double cross bow, or a single non-repeater, but I don't. Repeaters are currently the most under appreciated weapon, and on some of the tree's they are specifically excluded. To be honest, I didn't even realize what imbue dice where until I finally found it in the tree by accident, and then was super disappointed with it. . .one dice. . .and no noticeable upgrades in the tree unlike other trees.

Typically I go rogue arty mix, to get a little dmg boost, or warlock. . .seems to be the only way to boost things with arty.
    There are four dice in the tree with the imbue, plus one or two from elemental/greater elemental weapons. So with a repeater you get seven dice per bolt that hits. Two levels of rogue can get you three more. Warlock is harder, their imbue dice are really far up the tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenicis View Post
    Two levels of rogue can get you three more. Warlock is harder, their imbue dice are really far up the tree.
    2/3 Levels of Ranger (and 7/12 AP) get you +2/+4 imbue dice (from AA tier 2/3 "Elemental Damage"); and Ranger dovetails nicely w many repeater builds.