Community Member

Default Isle of Dread Crashes

Game Client repeatedly crashes to desktop, but only in the Isle of Dread area.
    Can play everywhere else all day with no problems.

i'm not a tech guy, i have no idea about what i am talking about, but i know that as of late some people solved some crashes and load screen hangs by having EAX disabled in audio options, or setting ambient sounds to zero, or totally disabling sound.... or so i've heard.
    storage solution suggestion: Collection

omni-cosmetic system suggestion: Arbiter d'Phiarlan, the Weaver of Guises

Community Member

Default I'm with ya

Yes, I'm experiencing this too. Any cause and resolution?

Community Member

Same problem. Just got Isle of Dread and so far in the first hour of running through the wilderness and prequest captive of the hidden hand I have crashed 3 times...this does not inspire me to want to spend more money on your game SSG please divert some resources to game stability.

Community Member

Have this same issue as of today. Didnt happen at all two weeks ago and prior.. but today, over 10 crashes getting through only like 6 IOD quests. Seemingly at random, not loadscreen crashes like we've had to get used to.

I crash a bunchnear the ocean docks where the raid is in town, but not the rest of town.

Quote Originally Posted by Valerianus View Post
    i'm not a tech guy, i have no idea about what i am talking about, but i know that as of late some people solved some crashes and load screen hangs by having EAX disabled in audio options, or setting ambient sounds to zero, or totally disabling sound.... or so i've heard.
    Ill give this a shot, worth a try.
    If thats the case, I'd hope they would find what silly sound is causing this havoc and get rid of it!

Community Member

Since day 1 I have issues with The Stone Crypt Chronicle" my fps goes to 15 or 20 when it´s on the outside area. On the inside areas it goes back to normal at 60 cap. Maybe would be a good place for developers to know cause it may be the lack of a driver optmization.

Also No Refunds in Sharn part 2 can have a problem that half screen shakes like crazy with fractals but sometimes this can be solved reseting the client. The problem is that this slows down any reaper run.

Danger at Dunwater can crash and be unfinishable with the last dialogue with the sea elf.

Aaaaand there is also ravenloft yester hill that some players have the same problem.

And these are the paid content. Hope they will do something to fix it all but I haven´t seen any effort in this direction.