Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Guild stolen!

Intergalactic Space Crusader
    Treasure Hunter

Default Allot of miss info. in this thread

These details haven't changed:

https://ddowiki.com/page/Guild

"If there is neither any (active) Leader, Officers or designated Successor (so only "Members" are active), then there is no way for a Member to become Leader*, and so no way to add new members, promote officers, buy/change amenities, or otherwise "run" the Guild, so the Guild is likely doomed. Any responsible Leader should make sure they designate an (active!) Successor and/or Officer(s), for the sake of all members in their Guild, just in case of the unexpected - life happens."

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    You were gone more than 30 days - sorry, done deal.
    Think it was closer to a year+ that he's been gone. Or at least not actively playing

Having a hard time mustering up any SSG rage on this one.

All the OP had to do was login once a month to stay active.

And knowing in advance you would be gone, I would have given leadership over at that point just so guild maintenance could be done in my absence. Guild housekeeping doesn’t do itself.
    Server Sarlona / MST / Guild Enslaved / Characters Ionos, Cydekik, Xalavan, Rodessa, Hethrow, Ramsteen

Can't really find any reason to be mad at SSG on this one. It seems your issue is actually with whomever usurped you, be it successor or another officer. If your guild was tight, you had a successor you trusted, and you mentioned a hiatus this likely wouldn't have happened.

My own guild founder/leader left for an unknown length of time 3+ years ago. When he left he gave ownership to the person he named as successor who then named me as successor. The founder is still an officer because neither the current leader, nor myself if he decides to leave, would kick out a friend.
    Dennis the Peasant: Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha5440 View Post
    My own guild founder/leader left for an unknown length of time 3+ years ago. When he left he gave ownership to the person he named as successor who then named me as successor. The founder is still an officer because neither the current leader, nor myself if he decides to leave, would kick out a friend.
    Amen to this. I am currently the leader of my guild of which I really have no right to be (yes, the leader gave it to me, but still), simply because I'm still playing. I would never kick him out and honestly hope he comes back and reclaims the guild. Past guild leaders from before my time in the guild are also still there being inactive for 8+ years and I'd love for them to come back too. It definitely comes down to a question of respect and I really respect the ones from my guild who came before me and provided me with this refuge.

As for the OP: guild drama sucks and I'm sorry this happened to you.
    Orien: ~Erofen (30 Assassin Rogue) ~Erofenlock (30 EB Warlock) ~Erofenmonk (30 Light Monk) ~Erofentrap (30 Roguerficer (1st TR/Legend Build ever)) ~Erofenbarb (30 Barb) ~Erofenbless (30 FvS Chest Blesser) ~Erofenthree (30 Bard Dualbox) ~Erofenten (30 Barb Triplebox)
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Um, I'm almost afraid to ask, but exactly just what is 'sneak humping'? Kex! Stop It! O.o

I feel for you on this, i went through something similar. I was the founder and leader of Looney Toonz for some years and took some time off when my first kid was in the oven. I passed leadership to someone i trusted at the time to keep things running but as soon as i logged out he kicked me and my alts and the guild died. He still has the guild although he's alone and everyone followed me as soon as i came back so i got over it.

That being said it sucks either way, he was the guild leader and it's disrespectful no matter how long he had been gone for to not atleast invite him back and have a discussion.

Seems to me it's not worth your time Dal, and i'm sure there are plenty other guilds would welcome you in, us included.
    Ayaru || Cherrypopz || Chookity || Hjaste || Ifindtraps || Juzforkickz || Kazzii || Konqur || Lar-ynx || Lillypopz
    Lollypopz || Mehealzyou || Minipopz || Praya || Riggomarole || Sodapopz || Zhaqq || Bitj

Argonnessen

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12