Default Removing server listing on Windows based PC

Some years back, I posted a thread about this issue, but it looks like over time the forum changes have eaten it.

So here it is again (hopefully this is the correct category to post it):

I accidently hit the wrong server to log into sometime back, now it is permanently listed on my server list when I log in as 'last time visited X months ago'. I know there is a way to remove it (because of my lost thread) from the server list. Can anyone tell me how to do that again?

Thanks!
    Bring teleport more inline with PnP: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...Basic-Teleport
    Player made quests can work in DDO: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...erated-content

You can edit your DDO 'UserPreferences.ini' file to remove the last played worlds. Delete the text under the section [User_1] in that file.

For example using file: UserPreferences.ini (within /Dungeons and Dragons Online/ folder - usually it's the same one where your DDO screenshots go depending upon your OS)

Code:
    [User_1]
    UserName=your_login_name
    WorldName_1=Thelanis
    LastPlayed_1=2022-07-26T00:04:00
    UserFileName_1=en-DDO-EULA-html
    UserAckTime_1=2016-12-22T12:00:00
    UserFileName_2=en-DDO-TOS-html
    UserAckTime_2=2016-12-22T12:00:00
    WorldName_2=Lamannia
    LastPlayed_2=2022-07-08T12:00:00
    It should be safe to delete that specific text under the UserName line, and the game will rebuild those login lists when you you login to a specific world. Your list will look slightly different (i.e. Worlds/times listed) but you just need to delete ALL those text lines entirely which are below UserName. Taking care you only delete those lines and not other sections then save the file.

Then try running the DDO client as normal, you possibly won't need to reboot the PC first, after saving the file changes but it never harms.

Do NOT delete [User_1] or UserName=your_login_name of course your own login name will be there not the placeholder in my example.

Of course make a backup copy of the file first and ONLY delete the lines I've mentioned.
    Last edited by DYWYPI; 07-26-2022 at 05:46 AM. Reason: UserPreferences.

Quote Originally Posted by DYWYPI View Post
    You can edit your DDO 'UserPreferences.ini' file to remove the last played worlds. Delete the text under the section [User_1] in that file.

For example using file: UserPreferences.ini (within /Dungeons and Dragons Online/ folder - usually it's the same one where your DDO screenshots go depending upon your OS)

Code:
    [User_1]
    UserName=your_login_name
    WorldName_1=Thelanis
    LastPlayed_1=2022-07-26T00:04:00
    UserFileName_1=en-DDO-EULA-html
    UserAckTime_1=2016-12-22T12:00:00
    UserFileName_2=en-DDO-TOS-html
    UserAckTime_2=2016-12-22T12:00:00
    WorldName_2=Lamannia
    LastPlayed_2=2022-07-08T12:00:00
    It should be safe to delete that specific text under the UserName line, and the game will rebuild those login lists when you you login to a specific world. Your list will look slightly different (i.e. Worlds/times listed) but you just need to delete ALL those text lines entirely which are below UserName. Taking care you only delete those lines and not other sections then save the file.

Then try running the DDO client as normal, you possibly won't need to reboot the PC first, after saving the file changes but it never harms.

Do NOT delete [User_1] or UserName=your_login_name of course your own login name will be there not the placeholder in my example.

Of course make a backup copy of the file first and ONLY delete the lines I've mentioned.
    Thanks! That worked perfectly.
    Bring teleport more inline with PnP: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...Basic-Teleport
    Player made quests can work in DDO: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...erated-content

Usually it's a good idea to keep a backup copy of the UserPreferences.ini on an external drive. I appreciate the time you took to share your feedback. :-)