Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Community Member

With the new changes to Offhand Versatility (+1 imbue dice instead of guaranteed crit after vorpal), I guess this feat should be replaced by something else?

This also makes Perfect Single Weapon Fighting less useful.

Thoughts?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Threx View Post
    With the new changes to Offhand Versatility (+1 imbue dice instead of guaranteed crit after vorpal), I guess this feat should be replaced by something else?

This also makes Perfect Single Weapon Fighting less useful.

Thoughts?
    +1 imbue die is garbage, but especially for a feat.

But do not see how it belittle PSWF. Except for this build, which is mostly useless now.
    Last edited by jskinner937; 11-10-2022 at 07:27 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by jskinner937 View Post
    But do not see how it belittle PSWF.
    Since PSWF increases your vorpal range, it made it easier to proc Offhand Versatility's auto spell crits on vorpal (especially for the crit heals from death aura). Since we don't get that anymore, the increased vorpal range becomes less useful.

While I'm very disapointed that Offhand Versatility got replaced with what amounts to a useless ability. The original build is a very good one and still viable at lvl 32. Only difference being is that you'll need to focus / gear up a bit more for DC casting. After all, R5-10 mobs can 1-shot you in melee range, if your not able to crowd control them.

Optionally, 2-Handed Fighting is some serious fun after U57 made casting in Knights Transformation a thing. Can't overstate how awesome it is in Heroics as I'm able to melee, nuke, DC cast and heal without the need to change forms. Later with Epic's I'm expecting the performance to be superb and most likely the best Wizards have ever had it in DDO!

-Smoke
    Last edited by Smokewolf; 11-12-2022 at 04:36 PM.

Community Member

I would definitely do what you can to maximize DC and Spell Pen in the build. The fact that you're a good melee and a great spellcaster is one of the things that makes it so good.

Obviously not one-shotting r10 good but really very good in lower reaper difficulties. The ability to find the maximum elemental damage vs a pack of mobs and then both cast a good persistent AoE in that damage plus use the same imbue makes the damage really solid.

You could always try making a "ranged" Wizard... I know it sounds strange but I've run 16-20 lives as one. Both in Heroics and Epics being able to manyshot between casts as awesome sauce!

Basic breakdown

Stats: Int(Max) and Con(Secondary)
    Feats: Point-blank Shot, Rapid Shot, Manyshot, Percision, Improved Crit and the rest for Wiz-abilities
    Enhancements: Horizons-Walker, PM and EK.

Here's my original thread on the build: https://forums.ddo.com/forums/showth...vin-Bow-Caster

-Smoke

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Strimtom View Post
    Good morning everyone, my name is Strimtom. I'm here to bring you a character build for getting into Palemaster Eldritch Knight.
    [/font]
    I'm having a lot of fun with my main, but wanted to try this out. It's a LOT of fun. Thank you for posting this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12